Looking for SK Macros & Suggestions

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cintile, Jan 30, 2023.

1. Cadira Augur

3m parse is useless doe.
  2. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Not for determining if there's a 90% increase in melee DPS. If that were the case, it would be immediately apparent, even in a 3 minute parse.
  3. Cadira Augur

But no one and no thing indicates it increases melee by 90%

It says increases "minimum hit" by 90% which...is just your di1 right?
  4. Syylke_EMarr Augur

From the parse overview, right click the character name and go to Damage Breakdown > Selected. Might have to modify the selections on the new tab to get everything the way you want it.

Unfortunately, EQLogParser does not show minimum hits, so I had to get that info from GamParse.

For my parse, I was using a 2hander (and autoskill bash) with 0 buffs other than Jann buff (including disabling weapon stances) and I just left autoattack on in the background while watching a movie.
  5. Notinterested Augur

Thats just poorly worded lucy spell data. It does not increase melee damage by 90% it caps your melee damage to 90% of normal.

You guys parsing and arguing because of badly worded lucy spell data...

Its spelled out clear as day in the very first line of the in game description for the disc.

Like i already quoted... How much more clear can it possibly be?
  6. Szilent Augur

Spite increases minimum hit damage by 90%

your 3 minute parse is poorly done. It doesn't take 3 minutes to see, nor does it properly take parsing. Just checking. Pump up a dummy's AC so that you see minimum hits. Do some swings with & without Spite. Spite increases minimum hit damage by 90%.
    Petalonyx and Cadira like this.
  7. Vumad Cape Wearer

This is a good post since I was asking a bunch of SHD, including you, questions. It means you can teach, I can listen, and knowledge can be passed!
    Metanis likes this.
  8. Vumad Cape Wearer

Good idea. I am always using Xethag but now I can take the hits on named and should probably try using Unholy on named instead of Xethag. Although Xethag will likely continue to be my first line defensive for over pulls, unless another is better.

Why? Do I need to be hitting Spire before I hit harm touch? I often hit harm touch immediately, but I should probably use one of the single target Aggro AA and harm touch a little later. On that note, will harm touch stack with IOG and Chromatic Haze?
  9. Notinterested Augur

First off your entire argument revolves around badly worded spell data data mined by a third party company. You are completely ignoring the in game description that is clear as day.

Second I posted no parse... Either way if there was actually a 90% increase like you wrongly believe you would not even need 30 seconds of parsing to see it. It would be immediately apparent. 3 minutes is more than enough time to see that there is no 90% increase and you are just confused and going by wrong third party data.

For the third and final time... The in game description spells it out as clear as possible. Stop going by third party spell data and open your disc list in game and READ. IT.

Its amazing that you could possibly be this confused when they make it so crystal clear. Stop throwing around the lucy description... Its badly worded and just plain wrong.
    Raptorjesus5 and Tatanka like this.
  10. Syylke_EMarr Augur

My guess is that an extremely underused disc, with a description that leads people to use it even less, is simply bugged. Either the description is poorly worded, incorrect, or the spell data is wrong.

It's important to note that an increase of 90% to minimum hit is still likely a very small overall increase. It's not a 90% damage increase to all melee. It's increasing the minimum hit value by 90%, and probably only a small portion of the actual hit value (since final damage is made up of multiple components).

Of course, it could be working correctly and the spell data is just displaying weirdly. It's difficult to parse since the effect is pretty small.
  11. Szilent Augur

no Lucy, forget Lucy. no looking at spell data: don't need it.

For as many times as it will take: your actual melee hits spell it out as clear as possible. Stop going by the in game description and open your Combat chat window in game and READ. IT.
  12. tsiawdroi TittyGOAT

Verdict: As stated earlier, it does not decrease melee dps.. Spite can be a decent filler disc if actively tanking stuff with glyph on as it has the same duration. It is similar to the paladin blunted blade disc. The benefit from blunted blade being it helps proc healing light. (if every tank in group is tanking/taking damage, can be used to help heal entire group via healing light.)

As for why you should use spire. Ht a named. Hit spire and Ht the named. Let me know what the max hit is for both.

Sidenote: while spire running, pair visage of decay + quick spear ideally when most amount of mobs are up (in raid context). Then dot everything on extended with blood and if timing permits blight them all. This should allow for all mobs to be properly debuffed helping aide in blight to not be resisted. *Just be careful when doing this if actively tanking something by making sure all the mobs you are about to dot are within melee range to allow leech effects to continue to heal you.)
  13. Warpeace Augur

14. Cadira Augur

But, like, there's nothing badly worded about it. It increases min hit damage by 90%. It was even proved mathematically in a parse that you saw yourself.

You keep ignoring that min hit does not equal avg hit. Min hit mods are very minor. But it's a dps increaser, not decreased. You're the only one under the impression that the spell data says it increases your dps by 90%, no one is making that claim. You're arguing with yourself about nothing anyone suggested.

You think the spell description dictates what a spell does? Like they type something in the description and the spell magically does whatever they type? Without, ya know, actually coding what the spell does?

The description is bad, spite does "exactly" what the spell data says it does. Again, it was proven in a comment -you quoted- earlier, no less.
    TsiawdMS likes this.
  15. Wulfhere Augur

Both Spite and Blunted Blade have erroneous descriptions, alone amongst all the SPA 186 abilities. All other such abilities have correct descriptions that match their spell data.

Spite: While active, you will deal 90% of your normal melee damage, ...
    Blunted: By adjusting your grip on your sword, you strike with the flat of the blade. This will lower the damage you do ...

Both of them actually increase min hit damage by 90%, which parses to single digit increase in DPS. It's mostly flavor.

If Spite were to be changed to approximate its description, after 9 years on live in its current form, and keeping SPA 186, then the value and sign would be negated (e.g. Base1 = -10). I doubt such a change would be very noticeable (again single digits). Now changing it to SPA 185 and -10 would match and be felt as a nerf.

I'd rather see the descriptions fixed.
    Warpeace likes this.
  16. Velisaris_MS Augur

You know...someone could just make a bug report about Spite, and ask a dev to look at it and make sure it's doing what people think it's supposed to be doing...or if something is off and the description needs to be adjusted.

Getting a dev to give the final say on it is better than the back and forth arguement.
    Raptorjesus5 and demi like this.
  17. Szilent Augur

Which people do we get to consult on "what people think it's supposed to be doing"? Should we consult the people who are wrong? Make it match the what the Wrongs expect, to make them retroactively right? Because the people-who-are-wrong think the disc is real real real bad. If the game is changed to make them retroactively correct, then knights plain don't get a disc in CotF. The button should be *deleted* since it would retroactively become a horrible self-nerfing noobtrap.
  18. Wulfhere Augur

Yep. As they have always been, these discs are a 12% ish net positive for knights while adding class flavor. I think their descriptions should be fixed.

But mainly I would like to see Blunted disc get a series of level upgrades (so the stuns work again) vs merely AA upgrades to the strike portion. SK's have been getting both spell and (those) AA upgrades for years. Paladin? not so much.
    Raptorjesus5 likes this.