Suggestion for Vanity Order

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by CatsPaws, Feb 10, 2023.

1. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

The achievements under Vanity are a mess. It looks like an attempt was made to put them in based on collection type - like animals and then Hero's Forge but then it changes to alphabetically perhaps because more and more items are being released.

Example Under Millins scalemail is Orge Art Collector and then Erudite Art Collector and then Manadrils armor. And who knows what's in between that I have not collected or started to collect yet but is not showing.

I understand that this shows an Art Collector in between Hero's Forge but the Hero's Forge armor item Millins is above Mandaril's. MA should be above MI and both should not be above ACrylian which is at the bottom right above SWirling.

Would it be possible to put the Heritage crate "Art Collectors" ports under each expansion listing. That would leave just the Hero's Forge Armor and pets in the Vanity section. Just like there is the collection sub category under each expansion and then under general is the title you get for doing all those collections
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

The original ones added in bulk when we got vanity achievements seems to be in an order. Since then it looks to me like they display in the order they were added. So the heritage crates are not in alpha order but the order they were added to the game? I'm not looking up the crates, but there is a "sort order" field and the easiest way to add new achievements is to just MAX(sort)+1 instead of reording a whole mess.

I do not want to see vanity tied to an expansion. Yes it has a click, and it unlocks at the expansion it was released, but it really isnt expansion content its premium content.
  3. Knifen Augur

Or… and hear me out. Add a search just like /faction has.
    Sissruukk and CatsPaws like this.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Perhaps they could make a insert sub category like they do and have it titled "Art Collector" Just something that shows all the Art Collector ach together. I have gone thru the list in game, in Bonzz, in Allah and EQ resource and they are all scattered all over with no way to find a clear concise listing of them all. There is even one that has no listing anywhere.

Its not so much what one does or does not have but what there is. I can't find that "sort order" field in my ach screen - any screen shot of that?
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

They aren't expasion based they are race based so they would mainly be under Everquest. They would be better off ading an Arts Collection on the main expansion page the same as they have for Overseer and Tradeskills.

I'd also like to see pets split out, the whole Vanity section is getting too large to find anything.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  6. Soulbanshee Augur

Check out my achievements parser. Added the ability to search achievement names and made custom subcategories to split apart Vanity.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ulbanshees-parsers-vnext.285831/#post-4197669
  7. Loup Garou De loop de loop

Hey Cats, I sent you a complete alphabetized listing of the Heritage Crate Art Collector /ach and all the rewards with port descriptors. Its not fancy and nothing you need to download or log into. Just a note thing. Enjoy!
  8. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

We still really need a Vanity tab created (a la TS, HJ, Slayer, Events, and Overseer), then have a category for Art Collections, Dolls, Pets, and Hero's Forge. Vanity as a subcategory has become untenable to use.
    Andarriel and KarmaKitty like this.
  9. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Are they ever gonna make a achievement aug or something?