Beastlord Must Have Items?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by hein, Feb 10, 2023.

1. hein Augur

So I'm 112, about half way to 113. I've decided to stop worrying about the grind to 115-120 for a while (other than burning my daily lesson) and focus on doing some fun things, such as older progression, and farming cool items that I should have.

On my list so far is the following, which isn't very long. What should I add to this list. Preferably, items that I can go after molo.I currently have the best EM I can get for my level, as well as a mixture of raid armor and snowsquall.

For sure going to work on:
    Epic 1.5-2.0
    Epic ornament and secret ornament

Looking for suggestions on:
    Maybe some rank 2 spells?
    Maybe the wither and decay ornament set from TBM?
    Some must have augs for a BST from somewhere?

Looking for ideas.
  2. Razorfall Augur

Thought it said bard. OOPS

Blooddrinker's coating or the new one from NoS
  3. Zarkdon Augur

OoW chest.
  4. Cadira Augur

Clickies:
    Pretty much just common sense items most people want, a lot of the good stuff like bifold and rod of dark rites are going to require some help though. Anniversary stuff can prob be (m)solo'd.

Oh, instant cast pet shrink clicky is cool and can be bought with cotf group currency from a number of the group gear vendors. Easy to obtain by doing one or two gribbles I imagine unless you already have the coin.

Spells:
    Rk3 group fero from a RoF glowing (100) rune -prob need a tiny bit of help and a requester for velishan raid is easiest.
    Rk3 savage rancor disc from a tbm greater (104) rune - will need a decent amount of help and requester. Prob easiest raid is boromos, just blow him up and ot adds.
  5. hein Augur

Are you able to be more specific? What chest?
  6. Alnitak Augur

7. Zarkdon Augur

Beastlords don't have specializations so I'm pretty sure the cotf Aug doesn't do anything.
  8. Zarkdon Augur

9. Alnitak Augur

I never had it, so I have no first-hand info.
  10. Lluianae Elder

Our beastlords all needed this disc so we ended up doing a few TBM raids. RNG was not the best with 1 rune on Vim & Vigor, 0 on Lady of Life. The raids weren't too bad with a few groups, people just need to pay attention to the Gold aura mechanic on Anashti if they're boxing, but even if there are deaths the adds aren't a problem.

We took a detour to PoFear and suddenly we had a bonanza of runes and thus happy beastlords.
    Cadira likes this.
  11. Svann2 The Magnificent

Think he means the one you wear on your chest.
  12. Alnitak Augur

13. hein Augur

Didn't realize there was literally only one BST usable chest item in all of OOW that dropped. Thanks for the clarification and adding such great value to this post.
    Kaenneth likes this.
  14. Alnitak Augur

What you also did not realize, that in OOW there is 2 class-specific tiers of armor, and at this day and age everybody refers to the Tier 2 only, because it has simply the better effect, and as such effectively there is only 1 class-specific chest to mention from OOW.
    And why OOW (old and outdated expansion) ? Well, because by the choice of EQ developers, chest gear in OOW has clickable effect, which uses different timer (7) than current-era chest armor effects (16), and as such is still useable by being unique and not replaced by newer version.

See, there is so much you didn't realize yet. [/condescending_mode_off]
  15. Sissruukk Rogue One

While the Drunkard's Stein comes to my mind immediately, be on the lookout for upcoming anniversary quests that give out some nifty click items (someone help me out here...)
    As someone mentioned before, the Blood Drinker's Coating is from CotF Aid Grimel missions and comes in handy in a pinch (NoS version you can worry about at 120).
    Wither and Decay armor scraps have a very low drop rate, and are no drop, so you need to be able to make the ornaments yourself. Funny thing is, though, that after you make them they are tradable. So, if you find yourself with a suit of plate, chain, or cloth that you don't need, you can usually sell it for a decent amount.
  16. Gialana Augur

When people say OOW chest, they typically mean the quested chest items that have clicky buffs and require a bunch of faction. The T2 version for beastlords is:
    Savagesoul Jerkin of the Wilds.
    The T1 version is:
    Beast Tamer's Jerkin.
    It looks like the only difference between the 2 is the T2 clicky lasts 5 ticks, while T1 clicky lasts 3 ticks. They both have 5 minute recasts.
    Quatr and Kaenneth like this.
  17. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

And that faction might take a while. Others say it can be easy to get that faction but to others its like poking your eye out. Even when faction bonus hit I still have 3 guys that have not factioned up yet
    Gialana likes this.
  18. Svann2 The Magnificent

19. Lluianae Elder

Nothing like some good swarming and clearing of Anguish! It wasn't too bad to do for my alts, but for the main, we didn't really think about faction when the expansion was current. Plenty of grinding for AAs and clearing raids got us there. I found that the bottleneck was more trying to get the items for the turn ins, until you had a glut of them from repeat clears.
  20. Zarkdon Augur

Everquest is Latin for takes forever to get something worthwhile.

Even cease said "This civil war is very everquest. But finally we are ready to cross the Rubicon. Not understanding what he meant Suetonius translated it to "the die is cast"