Cleric Guide

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Xandos, Jan 18, 2023.

1. Szilent Augur

That's weird. I've not documented any reduction in heal volume for including Yaulp in the key bind. You say you "noticed" a missed heal every time, did you check the overall spell count at the end of the night? did you actually cast fewer spells?
  2. Velisaris_MS Augur

Just to expand on this a bit, though not necessarily a specific cleric issue, I've noticed that when I put the instant or near-instant cast AA or spells into the keybind (on a cleric, ranger, and sk), it can cause other things on the keybind to be skipped entirely, every single time.

Sometimes, I can swap things around in the bind to get everything to fire off, but most of the time, if I keep that instant cast whatever in the rotation (no matter where I place it), it'll stop other things from firing off. The only remedy is to pull it out of the keybind and manually hit those things.
    Xandos likes this.
  3. Xandos New Member

As im most of the Time MT Healer, and even if not, i normally Spam my Key, and Yaulp Activates during my Global CD, so i never had that problem honestly :)

But that may be something to look out for the next Raid we do :)

And thanks to all the Replies ive gotten so far. It is really nice to have the different views on the way of the Cleric :)
    Emilari and Metanis like this.
  4. Docrob New Member

I didn't look at my spell counts very closely but I noticed when yaulp was being casted my guileless remedy wasn't being casted as soon as it was up. It might of just seemed and looked like I was missing a heal when yaulp was being done but 131 casts of yaulp in a 30 minute fight was a bit much since yaulp lasts for almost 1 minute 30 seconds. if just casting yaulp when it is getting ready to fade then you would only have around 20 to 25 casts in that 30 minute fight.
    Emilari and Xandos like this.
  5. Xandos New Member

Thats interessting to know, as i have never observed the same, on my End. And even though it is quite a high cast amout, in the End, it gets casted when im having a Global CD, meaning i couldnt do anything else anyway in the mean time, and i costs close to nothing, so i never minded that i spam the Spell.

Question is, in which Order do you have the Spam Key, as i have set it up as 3x Remedy and than Yaulp, so that it always Priorities my Remedies over Yaulp.
  6. Docrob New Member

my 3 remedy's are casted in order from my spell bar multibinded to my #7 button and yaulp aa is on hot bar #1 so didnt matter if there is a remedy available to cast it fires yaulp off before the remedy. Is probably different if everything is on the hot bar in the order you want it to be in and that might be where im seeing the difference.
  7. Xandos New Member

Yeah i guess that is the biggest Difference :)
  8. Aiona Augur

Nice, thank you for sharing, Xandos, Emilari.

Edit: pls do Paladin next :p
    Xandos likes this.
  9. Xandos New Member

Only 1 Problem, ive got no Clue about the Paladin :p
    Aiona likes this.
  10. Xandos New Member

11. Wulfhere Augur

It's not.
    Xandos likes this.
  12. Gundolin Augur

Fantastic post, I'd ask more questions but I don't have a lot of time.

On Rallied Greater Blessing of Vie are there circumstances its better to use Rallied Sanctuary of Vie?
  13. Xandos New Member

Personally, i use Rallied Sanctuary of Vie, more on a Caster Group and Blessing more on a Meele/DPS Group, thats bc the Casters cant take a hit as long as a Meele, and the Healing provieded is pretty nice in an Emergancy
  14. Velisaris_MS Augur

One wears off faster than the other, so the heal comes sooner...at least that's the only real difference I can tell. I guess if there's a lot of damage being done up front, you might want the faster one to help with healing until you've got things under control.
  15. Wulfhere Augur

I still don't see the point it wasting Dev time on Rallied Sanctuary. Sanctuary is not better or different then using the level 90 Rallied Rampart of Vie, i.e. the first one to get a heal cast on fade.

The good idea is a contingency (promised) buff that lasts a long time and heals when the target takes some melee damage. The cleric can play with the trigger and the heal amount by choosing which spell to cast, starting with level 90 spell. The Devs have so far provided linearly increasing buffs that mitigate more damage and heal more, without offering those two parameters independently. So the choice has been limited.

For Sanctuary to be worthwhile, in the spirit of mitigating less and healing sooner, then it should have a modern heal value (e.g. 8431) rather then the level 90 heal value (2474).

ps: I think Rallied Sanctuary of Vie deserves a bug report wrt its heal amount.
  16. Velisaris_MS Augur

I don't disagree with you. I was just pointing out the difference based on the question that was asked.

My own theory as to why there are 2 similar spells is that the dev working on it started out doing one thing, decided to do something else, and both spells accidentally ended up being put into the game.
  17. Wulfhere Augur

Yeah I can agree that Rallied Sanctuary of Vie seems unfinished at best. It could even be that it's supposed to be the start of a new cleric line of spell guards that should be using SPA 161 instead (of 162).
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  18. Lluianae Elder

Was there ever any discussion about it in the ToL beta?
  19. Brickhaus Augur

Beta forums are still up. A cursory search of the Beta forums didn't find the string.
    Lluianae likes this.
  20. Lluianae Elder

Unfortunate. Thanks for checking.