Hey Devs! Can we get DoN tradeskill mats added to Overseer?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by bobbin, Feb 9, 2023.

1. bobbin Elder

Title says it all.
  2. Brickhaus Augur

This makes no sense.

Overseer expansion mats start at the expansion where level 85 is obtained. DoN is 6 expansions back.

But if you wait long enough for Ngreth to put every forage item from DoN in a recent combine, then they will be all unlimited from a vendor anyway.
  3. Velisaris_MS Augur

Or, they could just stop requiring drops/forages from nearly 20 year old content for current expansion stat food.
  4. Fian Augur

On a positive note, many of the DoN items are showing up on vendors now.
    Rijacki likes this.
  5. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Wouldn't be so bad.. if they also added places to get them. The biggest drawback for the DoN foraged items being the MASSIVE forage table of mostly useless junk.

Even still, a few of the items (not just DoN) should really be spread to more relevant areas.

But overall, I agree. There's no need for generic expansion recipes to call for rare items from age old content. A special recipe or quest? Sure.. but not the basic recipes.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

This argument falls down when you consider the latest TS mats are not available from Overseer either. I can understand not having the current expansion rewards available, but I see no reason not to add the older expansions.

Older Expansions TS items need to be added as a reward.
  7. Zarkdon Augur

Foraging just needs to go away. Its a dumb mechanic, has absolutely 0 value to game play, and the last thing this game needs is something that removes players from actively looking for a group so they can hit a button every 11 seconds.
  8. Brickhaus Augur

What in the heck are you talking about?

The latest (current expansion minus one) tradeskill materials are available from Overseer ... since SoD. The only issue is the fact that poison materials seemed to have dropped off the list lately. Which we have no idea if it's intentional or not since a dev hasn't responded to any of the "missing poison materials" threads.

Time would be better spent addressing this oversight than the many hours putting together old expansion lists that simply do not matter any longer. Or the many other bugs that exist in Everquest.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Some Forage tables need "cleaning up" the DoN ones in particular are populated with a whole lot of stuff that was rendered obsolete by later tradseskill recipe changes.

But making players go back multiple expansions to forage for things from the most recent expansion in among the most annoying & pointless ways to have old content be relevant, old content is relevant on TLP on every other server its only purpose should be for tradeskill recipes from those expansions you may be working on for something like the Artisan's Prize or to craft some oddball items for a twink / lowbie character you or a friend has.
    Rijacki and Raptorjesus5 like this.
  10. Svann2 The Magnificent

Also foraging fails because it is SO much more efficient to automate it and go to sleep, but thats something you could technically get banned for. But to do it the legal way is SO tedious its ridiculous. I know someone will come here and say they just macro it to the forward arrow key, but is that really justifying the dumbness in any way?
    Sivispacem and Skuz like this.
  11. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

wow 11 sec what class are you? my ranger's can only forage every 40 seconds?
    CatsPaws likes this.
  12. Tatanka Joe Schmo

It doesn't justify the dumbness, but it does remove the tedium and still supplies the reward (I'm talking about macro-ing to forward key, etc, obviously). It's not intended to justify anything.

EQ is a game where it helps a LOT if you can use whatever workarounds there are to avoid annoying things, and get around the "dumbness", just to spare your frustration. Otherwise, you will be frustrated very often.
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

EQ should just make foraging something you automatically do all the time anyway imho, with an option to switch it off, and some basic filtering.
    Tatanka likes this.
  14. Burdi Augur

That would be nice to add more expansion tradeskill items in overseer.
    That would save the hassle to go farm for grey mobs to get minotaur meat or similar items.
    An other solution would be to add vendors with those items.
    Skuz, Aanuvane and Yinla like this.
  15. FranktheBank Augur

Agreed. Especially if they are also going to suspend people for afk foraging. Show me someone that has the AP and i will show you someone that has 100% afk foraged.
    Skuz likes this.
  16. Tatanka Joe Schmo

???

Do you mean, has the AP maxed (i.e. most trades at 350)? Cause I have the AP, and don't even recall any particular foraging I had to do.
  17. Act of Valor The Newest Member

You might not have foraged the items yourself, but there's a good chance you bought an unassuming cheap item from the bazaar for the artisan's prize that was foraged by a bot army.
    Skuz likes this.
  18. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Overseer needs to change the amount of silks you get as theres only one recipe and its for heavy fabric and it takes 8 to make 1 where you get a tons of ores. Im previewing a level 5 research reward and the reward is 36 ores and only 9 silk so it makes just 1 heavy fabric while the ores is basically 288 silks.
  19. Tatanka Joe Schmo

There is 0 chance. I already had trades at 300 before AP came out. With mats that were bought (from NPC vendors), or hoarded by me over years, from killing mobs. Most of the good recipes for advancing tradeskills don't include foraged mats, mainly because people know what a pain in the @$$ foraging is. I've bought nothing from the Bazaar for tradeskills, since my server is notoriously poor for having anything offered for sale. Haven't checked, but I think most of that happens in /buyer mode, which wouldn't surprise me, because if I needed hundreds of something to craft, there's no volume offered, and what little there is offered is ridiculously priced.

When I made the "seals" for AP, since I only needed to make 3 of each (for my mains), I just went and got everything myself. It doesn't take long to get just a few of anything. And, again, if I had needed more, they wouldn't have been available in the Bazaar anyway.
  20. Tatanka Joe Schmo

There are many more examples like that. Currently getting VoA rewards for fletching mats. You get 1 of each item for each quest, and even still 1 of each if it crits. Research gives 2, even though it takes 4 times longer, and oh boy, 3 if it crits.

The net result is I now have bajillions of other mats which I didn't use, so hopefully I come up with a use for them someday ;)
    Andarriel likes this.