Test Update 02/07/2023 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Feb 6, 2023.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Nope, they have always refered to stuff like this as multi servers just incase they add one in the future.
  2. theonepercent Augur

Pet focuses work on a range of levels because they require pet templates for each pet they focus. Adding more is probably a ton of work I just don't see them doing. The notes also says spells cast by items not focuses.
    edit: my bad think I misread what you said.

Would be great if a Meeko could stop by and explain what the patch is doing or poke someone who could.
  3. Lessw Journeyman

takes you to the NoS Shadeweavers's Tangle...:)
    ... with no book back to PoK :(
    ...where mobs are that can kill you as you are zoning in :mad:
  4. niente Developer

The change to item spells on Vaniki affects the level requirement of the item's spell (not the level requirement of the item). For example the cleric BP from PoR Breastplate of the Harmonious Soul has clicky Pious Elixir and a required level of 70 (on normal servers), but on Vaniki you could get this at level 60. Pious Elixir won't land on a level 60 character. There is an exception for item spells that always allow them to land on the caster (i.e. a cleric could use the elixir clicky on themselves). This change reduces the level requirement for clickies like this by 10.
  5. tsiawdroi TittyGOAT

Any update or eta on reaver's bargain tuning, champions oath release, reduced timer's on mangling, etc.
  6. Warpeace Augur

Since Champion's Oath was not in the patch note...forget about it. That would fall under class balance and that fell of the table when they posted the 2023 roadmap.
  7. Riou EQResource

Still got like 4 more months/tries for the "extra time" allotted for AA stuff between Beta's :p
  8. Sissruukk Rogue One

Does anyone know if NoS heroic AAs got stealthed fixed?
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

This is no different from the Oggok stone in PoK which has a popup that has the option of either Feerrott (level 30) or The Dream (level 85).

You should always be invis when going to any zone.

Who doesn't have a port out of any zone? We all got "Throne of Hero's" at level 1 and "Origin" at level 5.
  10. Riou EQResource

HoT feerrott has a return pok book, and there are no mobs that path anywhere near it since heroics came out in like cotf
    Swiss likes this.
  11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Its an added benefit and yet once again there are complaints.

I much prefer this over buying a port stone. Thank you, devs
  12. Brickhaus Augur

There are complaints because it does not follow the basic convention that the developers themselves have set up for the game. Zone ins should be safe, especially in a T1 zone.

It is nice addition, but part of the growing frustration for players in EQ is the lack of awareness lately for the basic parts of the game. I know I'm frustrated by the number of current bugs (that still exist) where seemingly a simple post it note (or perhaps a real script for what to do in a new expansion) would have solved the issue before release.
    Swiss likes this.
  13. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

They would need to also make notes for Brother Estle, Lark, Restless Spirit and a few others that if you use Teek to port to those that mobs will path thru and kill you. Unless you invis up.

shrug
  14. Jedis Arch Mage

Class balance is a never ending treadmill for most games. I, for one, I am glad the devs haven't capitulated and turned the game into a never ending game of tweaking knobs and levers.

Ever since the spell rank system was introduced many expansions ago, spell improvements have been a calculated formula in a spreadsheet that, mostly, scales up evenly. When using such a system, there is not really a need to continually try to balance things. It's a "gimme" game that never ends, with folks never being satisfied and always finding something to complain about. So many class defining abilities have been dolled out to other classes at this point, there really isn't room to continue to do that with EQ.
  15. Lubianx Augur

Not everyone has the ability to double invis though. If I recall, there are the occasional skeletons that roam in the southern area.
  16. Lubianx Augur

Still no Reaver's Bargain Upgrade and Champions Oath
    alanus and Cadira like this.
  17. Lessw Journeyman

The Special AA's for :
    Hero's Fortitude 86/95
    Hero's Resolution 43/48
    Hero's Vitality 86/95
    ... are still bugged even after this patch

all 3 are still capped at the max level Pre NoS @ 86 or 43
    the achievement says
    Player flags > "You have obtained the max rank of this ability"
    Knifen and Sissruukk like this.
  18. Lessw Journeyman

Are you also willing to change the minimum level on all ToL, CoV, ToV Quests to 100?
    Tegila, Fanra and Svann2 like this.
  19. Rondor Augur

For ToL is there a way to get back to The Nexus after you use the shade-given stone to get to Maiden's Eye? I have not yet found a way back. If there isn't one, it would be nice to consider addressing this at the same time as a potential POK book in NOS-Shadeweaver to go back to POK. If there is a way to get back from Maiden's Eye then I'd like to know too!
  20. Svann2 The Magnificent

Im fairly sure that is a safe spot. Mobs are nearby but dont path close enough to agro. Im standing on the zone in. They come scary close but not close enough. Of course if you move around you may get it.
    I take it back. Eventually I did get agro from a loda kai thug.