Please Tell Us Earlier!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Delacroix, Feb 6, 2023.

1. Delacroix Journeyman

I don't think a lot of people without jobs play this game anymore. Telling us exactly when the TLP will release a couple of months ahead of time will let us get time off from work. Please consider doing this so that we can grind and experience the rush.. and pay you the vast amounts of money you want!

PS It woould really also be nice if you told us the ruleset but yeah that is a dream. Just t he release date will work to put in for time.
  2. Crabman Augur

Ever since 2017, if a server launched in may, it was the wednesday (now thursday) of the last full week of the month, so may 24.27.26.26.25.25, but if you go back to 2015 it was the week before that, which was may 21st. So I would put money on it releasing Thursday may 25th with a very outside chance of it being on may 18th
    fireworks likes this.
  3. Herf Augur

Not to mention the various holiday bonus events.
  4. Critt Augur

The marketing team really is slacking, they miss out on building hype and allowing players to build decent sized guilds from advertising a good ruleset and giving a date... but alas they do everything in half measures so it's not surprising.....
  5. MischiefTLP Augur

Progression servers got some new unlocks this week and next week there will be more. Starting in September, TLP expansion unlocks will start happening on Thursdays in order to not conflict with regular patches on Wednesday and expansion launches that happen on Tuesdays.

It's not clear which day of the week a new TLP would launch on.
  6. generic Journeyman

what marketing team?

The cm team get told what to do, they get told when to announce, they get told what info to give out and get told which questions they can answer.
    Koshk likes this.
  7. Mashef Augur

They tend to not like to release servers before holiday bonus events (sadly but it's what they do). Memorial Day is always 50% exp/faction/rare spawn bonus. They won't release the week before memorial day. Too much risk of issues causing the team to work on a holiday weekend. You can most likely rule out a launch from the 23rd to 25th launches. Too big of a hit on sales pots. Fiscally irresponsible to launch there.

End of May is really kind of late just based on where Memorial Day fell. Launching the last day of May on a May advertised server is kind of bush league even though its technically accurate.

The 16th to the18th is actually fairly reasonable as they have roughly 10 days (give or take a day depending) leading up to a holiday weekend to fix any issues. The hardcore crowd will be 50 or 60 before Memorial day weekend anyways which will include them getting exp pot sales. The casuals get to catch up with bonuses a few weeks after launch. The middle group that isn't really hardcore but not casual will gobble exp potions to combine with the holiday bonus thus resulting in more sales to top off their levels. The hardcores will also be buying more pots on a holiday weekend to max out alts/boxes. This is the most profitable window.

Smart money is on the 16th to 18th.
  8. ISmellLikeInnySwamp Augur

+1
    I would like to know if I'm playing a beastlord in classic.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I'm gonna come out of this bad, but I hope its actually dropped at the last possible moment, like the week before.
    Having everyone take a week off to play it when it drops is a recipe for unmitigated disaster.
    Kaenneth likes this.
  10. Crabman Augur

Do they tend to do that?
    2015: Ragefire release May 21. Memorial Day, May 25 - Before (cant find a post of the bonus)
    2017: Agnarr release May 24. Memorial day, May 29 - Before (cant find a post of the bonus)
    2018/2019 March Releases - N/A
    2020: Aradune May 27. Memorial Day, May 25 - After (bonus ended the 26th)
    2021: Mischief May 26. Memorial Day, May 31 - Before (bonus xp started the 28th)
    2022: Yelinak May 25. Memorial Day, May 30 - Before (bonus xp started the 28th)

So I guess maybe if you only play/played on Aradune/Rizlona you might think that. But the other 4 years they released in May, it was days before memorial day, and I as you can see the last 2 years for sure, gave the bonus xp to be able to level with.

Since then, starting in September, everything dealing with TLP releases has moved from Wednesday to Thursday so I assume that will stay true for a launch as well. This leads me to what my original assumption that if they follow the precedent they have set, release will most likely be instead of Wednesday, it will be Thursday, May 25th, and the xp bonus will start on the Friday or Saturday after that. 2 years ago it started Friday, last year it started Saturday, so I really have no idea there. 100% of my reasoning is based on what they've done in the recent past.

So maybe they do something brand new this year and release on Thursday the 19th? I have no idea really, but again, going off of previous years for a May launch, my guess is staying, May 25th 12pm PDT.
    Brildon and FranktheBank like this.
  11. Delacroix Journeyman

This is hella logical. I just can't move vacations once picked. I don't know why they just can't tell us earlier. It's not that damn hard.
  12. Zansobar Augur

They would have to first announce the ruleset of the new servers because if it is a bad ruleset many people won't be hyped to play it and certainly won't take off work for launch. I assume they are still deciding on the ruleset specifics and probably will be until about April.
  13. Delacroix Journeyman

You think that they somehow think they are going to get more people to play on the server if they hold back an unpopular choice? That doesn't make any sense to me. People will play or not based on the rule set no matter when released. I just have a tough time dropping a vacation on my boss with 4 weeks notice.

I would have thought that it would be in their business and planning interests to get the server release date out there sooner rather than later.
  14. Crackers Augur

I definitely would prefer earlier announcements. Having solid time frames and understandings of the rules sets allows us to better plan and make our choices. We want to throw our money at you, help us do that please!
  15. Anduven Journeyman

There are like 6 people running the entire company/product. Chill.
  16. Moforyguy12345 Augur

Oh for sure you won't be playing a beastlord in classic.
  17. Mashef Augur

Some good call outs. I knew most were before Memorial day but I just didn't think it was 2 days before the weekend. Always felt like there was a week buffer, apparently not. Might be spot on with the 25th even though the 18th would make more sense.
  18. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

19. Dmitry Elder

God It does look like around the 25th is the date. Wonder why they can't just tell us. I need to build up wifepoints.
  20. Zrender Augur

I think there's actually a financial reason to tell us what the ruleset is sooner. If the ruleset is NOT a mischief clone or free trade then announcing it sooner will likely cause people that are waiting for the announcement to go back to mischief/fv (and hence continue to spend money on those servers). The only benefit to waiting is if it IS going to be mischief/fv ruleset and would take from those servers because I think yeli will lose players regardless of what the ruleset is and other live servers will see the usual krono rush temporary migration regardless.