Not A Bug Erolisi Day Quest Can Anybody Find Me Not Scaling Correctly

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Omegga, Feb 4, 2023.

1. Omegga Elder

For the quest Can Anybody Find Me, the goblin instigator for a lvl 86 character spawned as level 95. For a 120 it was a blue con.
  2. Tweakfour17 Augur

Is it just a static 95?
  3. Bernel Augur

I'm having this problem, too. I'm 55 and it's spawning as 75. Tried multiple times. One time it spawned as a 55, but 3 or 4 other times it was 75.
  4. Hegsheoshed Augur

For a level 106 I didn't have time to con it. It hit for 49k + some change. Probably because there were higher level people in the zone as if they are HA spawns.
  5. Ngreth Thergn Developer

This is not true "scaling" like Heroic Adventures, it is instead "level bands." If you are within a level band, a set level NPC spawns.

It takes average group level (average of a solo character or molo is their level!) and compares it in this range:
    • Player 55-65 -> NPC 55
    • Player 66-85 -> NPC 75
    • Player 86-105 -> NPC 95
    • Player 106-120 -> NPC 115
    This is not a bug, BUT we can take it as feedback to consider making more granular choices in future events. (We won't be able to Edit upcoming Brew Day events)
    minimind, menown and Carden like this.
  6. Riou EQResource

Since it is a limited time event maybe the mob level should just be the bottom of the ranges? It is for the lowest set, but the rest are in the middle, so the top has a significantly easier time then the bottom. Moved to the bottom it would still be true, but more doable for the bottom half of the ranges
  7. Omegga Elder

An additional problem I'm seeing with this quest. It seems that a mob is spawning for each person in the group with the quest and those groups are wiping. Then the mobs stay up for a while and kill others going to do the quest.
    Silvena likes this.
  8. Slickwilli New Member

I can't even do this molo at level 91 on a Beastlord. I died twice. I had a level 111 Druid join to help. I died 3 more times. Each time I got rezzed a level 95 goblin would spawn because my quest won't update if I'm dead. I should have stayed back and let the Druid DS it down, but I said forget it knowing I was going to have to kill another 95 goblin in Runny Eye next and I didn't know where it spawns. It appears if someone fails and leaves the goblin stays up as previously mentioned. Why doesn't it despawn after X amount of time? That makes it difficult for a level 50 to come in and try it with a level 95 goblin up. The Druid said for a level 95 they were undercons.

I tried my 49 Paladin with the quest. Spawned a level 55 goblin. I have to run to Runnyeye or I'd die, tank merc (apprentice) died. I log in my Beastlord thinking I can kill the level 55 and get credit for it, nope. Also spawned a second level 95 in the process, /sigh. I group up my Pally, my 92 Bard and my 85 Druid. I had my Druid pull the 2 level 95 goblins that were left from my Beastlord earlier to Runnyeye. I run pally over to the goblin camp and spawn a Lvl 75 goblin, guess that correlates to my group average. Bard engages, cons green. Bard dies in a matter of seconds...to a GREEN con?!?! Pally dies.

So, I pull out my 75 SK who is buffed to the gills from the Guild Lobby (Mage and Ranger DS buffs, Persistence, etc.) and try it again. My Bard pulled the 2 - 95s and the 75 away. SK is moloing with a healer merc (apprentice), ungrouped. SK moves in to spawn his 75 goblin, pulls it back, I use harm touch and within 5 seconds I'm dead.

This should not be that hard to complete! I give up, I really wanted the brownie pet illusion.
  9. Sheebea Augur

I tried this out at lv 120-Shd. TOV group visi and drops. Died immediately on my first encounter, not knowing what to expect. I was MOLO'n. Second try, I was able to kill the mob, but got NO update. Tried a 3rd time. Died again. I would believe not many people can do this without a group. I gave up. I thought these Holiday task were suppose to be fun. This is not fun, getting hit 43K damage. And triple smacked at that.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I agree this is not solo but like so many quests or missions marked solo I often wonder who decides that? Allah? EQ Resource? I mean they all pretty much copy from each other but who made the original decision to mark it solo?

I ran thru it either the day when it opened or the day after and had no problems at all. 2 level 120's really badly armored characters and a level 115 tag along, also with really sub par armor. Had a tank merc, cleric merc and rogue merc.

No one died, was boxing and am not that good at it.
  11. Bernel Augur

Do you remember if the investigator was already there? Or were you the one who popped the investigator? I get the impression that you might have to pop your own investigator to get the quest credit. If he's already standing there from an attempt by a prior group, I don't know if you get credit or not.
  12. Beimeith Lord of the Game

A solo quest does not mean you can complete it by yourself. A solo quest means you are the only one assigned to the quest.
    Riou likes this.
  13. Tweakfour17 Augur

I always thought "solo" meant only you got the task and "group" meant it was the ones the entire group got. Not that the quest is easily soloable by anyone.
    Riou likes this.
  14. Slickwilli New Member

This quest should be solo/molo. The player base for EQ is low as it is.