Shadeweaver's Tangle mob HP still too high for a T1 zone

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ternarissa, Jan 20, 2023.

1. Flatchy Court Jester

Some of the PH are so spread out you can only keep one down a cycle. Well in certain zones anyway. Did the devs do this to try and make several "camps" for named?
  2. Svann2 The Magnificent

Or maybe they want you to move around instead of waiting in one spot for the puller to come back.
  3. Zarkdon Augur

I don't know about other boxers but generally speaking my box teams dps is significantly higher than most pick up groups I occasionally play with, simply because the team is built around maximizing adps.
  4. Xellen Lorekeeper

I am 100% solo and I am 4 kills away from finishing the Hunter Achievement. This isn't about solo/box players that cannot DPS camps. This is about a massive change in the spawn formula AND the lack of mob control AND the random increase in placeholder hitpoints. Firefall Pass, the other T1 zone suffers from the first problem but not the second and third.

This is not fun. Not for a solo player, a boxer or a full group. If you want to slow down players getting the Achievement (due to the cloak maybe?) toss one of those three roadblocks at the players, not all three at once. Hell, even two out of three would be acceptable to me. This is another bad decision by the developers in a long line of bad decisions for this expansion. I know players in Beta provided feedback. Then Test players provided feedback. It seems like until the light is really shined on these problems via Live players nothing gets done. I am glad this thread is up.
    alanus, Velisaris_MS and Silvena like this.
  5. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

I enjoy the higher HP mobs, it makes it fun. But that's irrelevant in the big picture. How is this zone doing population wise? Are people fighting in these camps with the high HP mobs? After progression and hunter, people tend to go to places they enjoy. All you have to do is look at the data to see if the zone is popular.

The skelly camp seems popular, there's groups frequently there. All the other camps are dead at this point. If I want to camp any of them, they're always open.

As a dev, if I designed a zone and mob population, I would want it to be popular. Unfortunately, this zone is dead early into the expansion. The high HP mob idea while has merit, failed. :(
  6. Knifen Augur

I would imagine the skelly camp being popular is the people doing their 4 week camp of the skelly named there. That is a brutal camp to keep down and wait out for a hunter checkmark.

It is a fun zone and killing while HP may be high it wasnt bad. The skelly camp was my only trouble.
  7. Svann2 The Magnificent

The loot didnt scale with difficulty.
    Hobitses and Swiss like this.
  8. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

The skelly named, good times for me with that one. I had probably the best spot to camp at the skellies. I was there for about an hour when another group came by. They apparently wanted my camp so they tried to out DPS me. They failed miserably. They went to another spot by the skellies. Being cowardly cowards, they pulled a giant train on me. I gated my team and came back, sure enough, they took my camp. The named skelly was up. Right in the middle of the skelly camp. There was 1 in the way, so I pulled it, burned it down and pulled the named. Surprisingly it came alone. I killed the thing and even got the nice caster aug for one of my mages. Seems like the training cowards were afraid of the named.

Got that nice aug and another notch on my hunter.

That's typical. Seen it many times.
  9. Cicelee Augur

With all due respect, how can you say "this is not fun for a boxer or full group" when you admitted in your first four words that "I am 100% solo"? How would you know it is not fun for boxers or full groups? Maybe they enjoy the extra challenges than mindlessly pulling one mob to their group at a time.

Camping Scorched Bones right now for me (I also have 4 left for hunter and do mage/bard box) is definitely more challenging than the spectral bear named camp in Caverns where there was only 5 PH and all single pulls. But I also know if I get a full group for Scorched Bones, I can keep all PH down. So I knowingly suffer only keeping 4-6 down as a box duo, knowing full well if I do what is required (form a group) I will be faster and more successful.
  10. Warpeace Augur

It's really not fun, I 3 box. It's not challenging...its mind numbingly bad. Its poor design and stubborn when you can kill in other zones faster keeping more mobs down. If I can engage a mob, walk off make a sandwich and come back while it's still alive sit down and eat it while watching the screen with no fear of death, it's a glaring design problem. It's not fun.

Lacking CC is also another glaring hole in the QA overall product for a T1 zone.
    Hobitses, Fenthen, Kaenneth and 3 others like this.
  11. Kalamos Augur

I'm in agreement with this. Slogging through more HPs is not more fun or challenging. It's an additional time sink. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Hobitses and Swiss like this.
  12. Xellen Lorekeeper

Besides that all the responses after your post completely prove me right, every post before yours also was proof. No one likes what the devs did in Shadeweaver! So I really don't have a clue as to why you tried to challenge my statement.

If Live players enjoyed an extra challenge like you claim than the huge nerf to T2 boss HP wouldn't have happened.

Like I said before, I can accept one or two of the roadblocks but all three that are going on in Shadeweaver's is just dumb. I know playing on Test the player base is not going to represent Live but for the last week I've been the only player in Shadeweaver for the full Central timezone "day" while I work from home. Other zones have a handful of players working on quests or camps. Other than when increased spawn rate is applied and everyone is working in a raid to clear out Hunter the zone is empty. Because of the decision by the developers. Drop the HP, make the mobs controllable, or make the spawn rate higher, do something, or the zone will be a ghost-town permanently.
  13. Svann2 The Magnificent

For the difficulty, these mobs should drop luck augs.
  14. Swiss Augur

Or an increased chance at t1 augs, still only 1 since expansion launch and I've killed a lot of named in tangleweavers and firefall.
    minimind and Svann2 like this.
  15. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

As a 4 box setup of pally, druid, bard and shaman with two usless mercs it is tough to keep with all the place holders. I was doing the plants and would keep 5-6 down till repop. I wouldnt say halve their hps but scale it down maybe 10-15%. Should be able to add another 1 or 2 ph’s with even some med time. Cause you know druid dot mana…
  16. Swiss Augur

Just make it match the other t1 zone instead of t2, its really simple I don't know why their original "fix" didn't do it. Mobs still have the wrong flags blocking CC as well.
    Hobitses and alanus like this.
  17. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I know this was brought up in beta why was this never fixed?
  18. Subpoena Journeyman

Any update on this? Fixing this issue would really help alleviate a lot of the congestion and KS'ing I'm seeing in Firefall.
  19. Xellen Lorekeeper

It would be nice if a dev would explain the reasoning behind why the one group of placeholder mobs in Shadeweaver's Tangle, the mature hopper for Sharp Claw, are flagged differently than the others?

Why can we snare/root (assume mez) that group but the other six placeholder groups are flagged none snareable/rootable etc? It doesn't make sense, nothing in Shadeweaver's makes sense.
  20. Warpeace Augur