Cannot Reproduce Achievement and Title not granted for Mangler Server First Raid encounter: The Zek Brothers

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Wits, Jan 22, 2023.

1. Wits New Member

Category: Raid Encounter Achievement and associated title awarded for “server first”: “, the Strategic Tactician”
    Date/Time: Thursday 19 Jan 9:55ish CST 2023
    Character: Level 100 Paladin (Main)
    Zone: The Plane of War Raid Encounter: The Zek Brothers

Target NPC: Tallon Zek, Vallon Zek
    Target Location: N/A

Description: On 19 January I completed the Raid Encounter: "The Plane of War: The Brothers Zek" with my Guild on the Mangler TLP server.
    I successfully completed this Raid, was in the DZ, and met all of the requirements to achieve the achievement: Conqueror of War and the Title ", The Strategic Tactician" but upon completion of the raid did not receive the achievement "conqueror of the plane of war" and kill credit as I was zoning in from taking the guild banner.
    We worked really hard on beating this raid encounter and achieved this as a server first. From what I understand, this title is only awarded during the 1st successful completion on the server.

I am respectfully requesting this to be fixed being awarded the achievement and awarded the title for completing this raid please. I can provide screen shots from the raid to help support my request.

2. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I'll look into this, but there will not be an immediate result. I have no further information at this time.
  3. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Is this still an issue?
    I've only made it through 21 of the 48 people that gained a lockout, but they all have the appropriate flag.
  4. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Strange things can happen if you die/zone when an event completes or NPC dies. I've known a few who didn't get Grandmaster credit, even though 8 or so others who didn't die got it. The game doesn't recognize you as being there or part of it.

It's along the same lines as opening a chest in an Underfoot raid while someone is zoning back in after a rez, they get the lockout but not "credit" to loot from the chest.. then you have to do a bunch of shenanigans to see if they can trick the game and let them loot.
  5. Jedis Arch Mage

This is a bigger issue than just this individual report. Granted, to the OP, a title you can never get again is a big deal. But, it's been an issue for a very long time that if you are zoning or crash to server select (hello CT 2.0 on Vaniki), you miss out on the achievement.

The reward system needs some kind of queue where it tries to reprocess whatever processes it runs until it completes them all. In most cases, if you miss the popup when zoning, you can do a /reward to reopen the popup, but that doesn't cover all scenarios.
    Wyre Wintermute likes this.
  6. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Maybe it is a misunderstanding of the original question.

Was only this one person missing the title or the entire raid force? If so, I need the character name as it was not include in the original thread.
  7. Ngreth Thergn Developer

We have a fix in process, doing basically what you are saying, a queue, BUT it is currently causing large end-of-raid client "lag", so I have not spread it to other raids. It is implemented on Terror of Luclin and Night of Shadows raids.
  8. Jogath Journeyman

The two character names that missed this were Wits and Taldori. I am not aware of any other raid member that missed the flag.
  9. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

I don't know how it is all tied in to the back end, but wouldn't it be able to be tacked onto the currency reward process? I know that if you die on a currency-gaining raid, there is some time elapse where it will check if you qualified for the currency and then doles it out. Although Achievements can still get "broken" in this manner, I don't think that the player base would be overly upset that it would be possible to add someone after the raid and potentially have them gain said reward. The currency raids dole out currency to the first 54 unique characters who get the lockout... so if you beat the event with 50, potentially 4 more characters could receive currency if added and entering the DZ. If a 5th character is added in to get a piece of loot, they do not gain the currency.

In that example, also, all 5 added characters do not get achievement credit.

So maybe the title rewards can get added with the currency script, rather than tied to the achievement? Seems like a decent alternative.

I'm not sure how it works for the older, pre-currency raids, but this could be implemented there to avoid similar situations with those.
  10. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Another potential path..

Would it be overly "involved" to have an NPC spawn near the chest or static location?

The player(s) not getting proper updates could hail the NPC and follow a single follow-up dialog to run a query for eligibility? That ought to limit the lag spike to a single user, I'd think? I'd take a minor lag spike to get it all sorted out over the petition/bug process any day.
  11. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Both of these characters on the Mangler Server have the proper bits (flags) to have the title. Please check the title window again.
  12. Jogath Journeyman

I can confirm Wits has his. Taldori is on vacation and we can check when she returns. Thank you!
  13. Tweakfour17 Augur

Like the planar projections in PoP?
  14. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Fairly similar yeah, but at least one step beyond just "hailing" Since it wouldn't be handing out the flag, it wouldn't have the same issues of Planar Projections getting their flags eaten up from someone hailing. It would work more like, checking the event/script start time, player lockout, time achievement was awarded to the raid, etc.. It would then "fix" any errors or gaps and provide the reward.

So it would spawn/act like Planar Projection, but it would be much more like Unlock Memories/guided meditation in PoK.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  15. Jogath Journeyman

Both are confirmed working. Thank you again!