The door in Shadow Haven (NoS)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Velisaris_MS, Feb 6, 2023.

1. Velisaris_MS Augur

So, is this just gone for every server, or is Drinal bugged?

Or, did this have something to do with the next tier of raids opening?

Just curious, since I've seen zero people talk about it.
  2. Covennx Augur

It's gone on every server. Not sure if it was the raids opening, or defeating the raids on the server.
  3. Brickhaus Augur

I was shocked, but it's a great way to do "locked" progression. It disappeared after the first guild won the door raid on my server (Xegony).

We'll see if it was a one-off idea or if the rocks in front of the Darklight Caverns door disappear after tier 3 opens.
    Maedhros likes this.
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

Yeah, I noticed it disappeared the day the raids opened, so I figured that was probably it.

Which means the devs put that whole "need to do the mission to get through the door" BS into the game purely for spite, because they knew at the time the door would be gone in a month.
    Fenthen likes this.
  5. robber baron Journeyman

LOL. Who cares. Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Nearly all players were doing all missions.
    minimind likes this.
  6. Maedhros High King

I thought this was awesome.
    Sancus, minimind, Celephane and 2 others like this.
  7. Axxius Augur

We haven't had any static zone changes caused by defeating raids in a very long time. Good job, devs!
  8. Smokezz The Bane Crew

This was a good idea... it eliminates the constant complaining about locked zones like in TBL.
    Straahdx, minimind and Celephane like this.
  9. Velisaris_MS Augur

The point is that they put a restriction in place for something they knew was going away in less than a month for no other reason than to mess with players. That's not a precedent I want to see set.
    Fenthen likes this.
  10. Celephane Augur

Math much? The expansion has been out for 2 months.
    Toukan likes this.
  11. minimind The Village Idiot

I don't understand how you can see malice here. In EQ, flagging, keying, or progression locks are 100% normal. And removing those requirements over time is also normal.
    Fian, Straahdx, Lubianx and 2 others like this.
  12. Conq Augur

Very cool. But a serverwide message or an in game plaque would be even cooler, to announce who opened it for your server.
    Conq
  13. Zarkdon Augur

It was really cool I think. Makes the game feel more dynamic. Doesn’t make a ton of sense for the partisan quest now that the commander stares at the door but it is what it is.
    Fenthen likes this.
  14. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

I was running the door mission 12x a day for a while, offering free TAs in General, 1 solid mage and 1 cleric or shaman is all you need.
  15. FYAD Augur

you could also CoH or campfire past the door. So it was hardly a barrier.
    Fenthen likes this.
  16. Sissruukk Rogue One

It would have been amusing to get a CoH, only to slam into the door and it take half your health because of some magic barrier attached to the door.
    Straahdx likes this.
  17. Fenthen aka Rath

It hasn't been normal in YEARS. Then it's just randomly, haphazardly, thrown in without any warning.
  18. Syylke_EMarr Augur

I wish live servers had the serverwide messaging that TLP servers get for raids being beaten, just limit it to recent expansion raids.
    FranktheBank and Silvena like this.
  19. minimind The Village Idiot

1. Unlocking zones is normal. It doesn't matter how long it's been since the last zone was unlocked, it's still a normal thing to do.
    2. It's not random or haphazard if the team discussed it and decided to make it so.
    3. There's no reason to provide a warning for a benefit.
    You seem angry that you weren't consulted. Click here for a chance of having direct influence on what happens next in EQ: https://www.daybreakgames.com/careers
    Lubianx and Svann2 like this.
  20. Thunderkiks Augur

It was removed when the first guild beat the raid on each server. We raided Saturday and it was gone after we beat the raid. I play on multiple servers and checked Emarr after we got done on Povar and the door was still there on Emarr. I guess the guilds there didnt do the raid until later that night.