Bugs on T2 Myconid Mutiny Raid Event

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Clarisa, Feb 4, 2023.

1. Clarisa Augur

I usually don't post about bugs because they are minor and don't really interfere with the event, but I have to for this one because they really sucked the fun out of the game for me on one of the few days the game is still enjoyable for me.

Bug 1
    ---------

Myconid Mutiny features a fairly punishing mechanic which requires clicking on a crystal (acquired at the beginning of the event by killing some trash mobs and moving to an aura where it changes color) to avoid various debuffs the miniboss mushrooms cast as they die. The debuffs prevent players from being able to heal, aggro, damage mobs, etc. and can't be avoided any other way (even dying doesn't clear them).

So this afternoon while my guild was clearing it, I acquire a clear crystal and move to the yellow pool to turn it into a yellow crystal. It's taking a while, so I put it on my cursor and it turns into a yellow crystal and pops itself into a slot in my potion belt. I had done the event numerous times on beta and put it in a poition belt slot for easier access. The problem? The potion belt slot the crystal is in is red (indicating the crystal cannot be clicked on) and it turns out the crystal is not in my inventory at all.

So just get another crystal you say? Well, that's partly where the problem lies as these crystals are limited, requiring a raid to divide them up a certain way so that certain classes that need to do more than one thing during an event can avoid the debuffs they need to. This means that there aren't usually extra crystals to go around.

As a result of this bug, I got to spend the latter portion of this event doing nothing since as a cleric, healing is pretty much the only thing I can do and the otherwise unavoidable yellow debuff robbed me of the ability to do that (in a meaningful way, at least -- melee proc healing is too miserable to consider helpful to anyone). I couldn't die to get rid of it or gate out to make it easier for the second healer to just ignore my presence there.

Not sure what caused the bug, as I had done this numerous times during beta without it happening. I'm guessing it was some issue with having the potion belt slot for the crystal from doing it on beta, so I'll erase that and try it again next week, I suppose.

Bug 2
    --------

This bug is probably related to lag but as the main mushroom boss is dying (below 20%), my health bar sometimes glitches out to where it won't react to landed heals. This leads to me sometimes fainting (lying on the ground in a bleeding to death state) even when there should be plenty of incoming healing to keep me alive. This sometimes lasts to the point where my raid team has run off to the other event and I'm still lying on the ground unable to move while the rest of my group sees me at full health and can't do anything. I'd say it was client side lag but everything else (including my own heal casts, messages from guild, etc.) come through as if there is no lag. It's just a weird state where my health keeps dropping and I can't heal myself and everything around me is fine until I just drop into a near-death state and can't do anything.

It only happens on this boss, so I'm sure the scripting, etc. is probably involved with what is going on. Other people have experienced it too, so it's just not me experiencing it. I'm guessing this will be harder to get a handle on and fix but at is has happened multiple times, I feel compelled to mention it.

I guess bugs happen but after testing the raid for dozens of hours during beta and just having it happen to me, I can't help but feel disappointed by the developers. It sucks to test and raid all that time just for your effort to be wasted by a bug on the day it matters.

Also if you're going to introduce mechanics like the crystal debuffs on Myconid Mutiny in the future, please make 100% sure they work or at least give some leeway (in the form of more crystals or another way to remove the debuff like running to the pool) should things happen to cause a crystal to disappear or otherwise not work as it should. It's better to give players options if you can't ensure something will work 100% of the time so at least they can still meaningfully participate in the event.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Bugs should be reported in the bug forum so they can be properly tracked.
    Fenthen, Svann2, Proximoe and 2 others like this.
  3. Clarisa Augur

The post isn't just a bug report. It's also feedback to the developers on mechanics like the one on this raid event -- mechanics that if failed, render a character more or less useless for the entirety of the event. If the event offered more crystals, for example, or if the debuff could be cured some other way, it wouldn't have been an issue.
  4. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

Can confirm tho... if you don't fail the mechanics you can still be more or less useless... trust me =D
  5. Tacoheals TACOBELL !!!!

So, you're blaming your potion belt for nothing working for your mess up of just not opening your inventory and clicking the crystal like 85% of EQ would've done? I get it worked on beta. sure but i mean in a real setting of first time launch. Should've known better to just click it manually to ensure it clicks and not to mention you have 2 min of a buff. Clicking it at like 30% and then going oh it didnt fire and re clicking or something wouldve been my first though?
  6. Sissruukk Rogue One

While I agree, how many people actually go to the bug forums to read about bugs? If they did, we'd have a lot more likes on issues to be taken care of.
    Silvena likes this.
  7. Spacemonkey555 Augur

When did the potion belt come back? It was removed 5 years ago I thought. Is this some UI trickery?
    Kaenneth, Scornfire, Fenthen and 10 others like this.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You should keep the bug reports and feedback separate so that they can all be actioned better. Posting each of the bugs as a separate thread in the bug section will allow for others including developers to provide feedback and better focus on each bug.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Plenty of people do and that is where the devs look for bug reports. They even use the like feature in that section of the forums to determine how big of an impact a bug has. There are also tags that can be applied to a thread in that section to let people know what the status of the bug is as well.
    Loup Garou likes this.
  10. Loup Garou De loop de loop

What worked in Beta, stays in Beta.:D

So it worked ok in Beta so there was no need to fix anything.

Now it doesn't work in live. So we have found a bug. It happens in the game, we report them, sometimes they get fixed.

What you see here is why so many products are recalled. They worked fine on the assembly line, worked fine for the first however long and then after a short while a bug pops up.

But one really can't blame them for "ruining" the one day you enjoy. They did not do it on purpose and it tested fine in Beta.
    Sissruukk likes this.
  11. Trafthek Lorekeeper

Simple way to avoid this was just to have a couple open hot key spots. Run up and color change the crystal and then make a hot key of it.
    Tacoheals and Svann2 like this.
  12. worldstarhiphop New Member

Silent Redemption and Reckless Ascension right now:

[IMG]