Confirmed Supplies for Spies Task Broken

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by tuda, Feb 1, 2023.

1. tuda Lorekeeper

Aradune Server.

The final steamwork spy (The Steam Factory) for this task is not despawning. When somebody tries to trigger the final stage of the task, the 2 guards are not spawning due to this, and you cannot get the final update.

This task is a blocker for the 2 following things.
    This task is required to complete the Hero Journey Model XLII Spatial Temporal Oculus Quest. It is also required to obtain the Spy Reports task.
  2. Zaguraku New Member

I had GM Doex claim that he /repop'ed the zone, but when I ran my druid in who is not on the quest, the Steamwork Spy Mk VII was up with no Steamwork Guardians to be found. He is supposed to be a triggered spawn, yet he never depops.
  3. Shaolin New Member

Confirmed. Fix this, please. The last step I need to finish the Oculus thingy quest-line.

I also petitioned it. How hard can it be to fix?
  4. Soulbanshee Augur

Confirmed not bugged.

First is a loc update not near the spy, not a hail update, somewhere in the NW turbine area, possibly random. Unsure if the troopers were an ambush or invis dropping.
    [IMG]

Second loc is finding the spy and clearing the guardians. This may be a variable spawn location also.
    [IMG]

After clearing the guardians, the third loc is back in the NW turbine area again, not near the spy.
    /waypoint 635, -500
    [IMG]
  5. tuda Lorekeeper

6. Zaguraku New Member

He is definitely not on Aradune with us because the mobs are gray to him.
  7. Shaolin New Member

Clap along with me:

A-ra-dune Ser-ver.
    Zaguraku likes this.
  8. Soulbanshee Augur

Clap along with me:

Same-code-base.

At the step:
    Speak to Steamwork Spy MK-VII at the Central Power Station (The Steam Factory)

Are you trying to hail the spy like the previous steps or are you running into the turbine room for a loc update? None of the above responses mention the steps taken to try to complete the task. This task is finnicky as to what it says and how it actually works, its important.
    [IMG]

Are multiple groups attempting this at the same time? That can break the script.
  9. Zaguraku New Member

Trust us... the script is bugged. I was the only 1 on that step in the group, my step of the Speak to the Spy updated an no guardians spawned.
    I am on the final step of The Spy is Missing and have danced all around the area, tried hailing MK VII and nothing works. Feel free to come to the Aradune server and test it yourself before telling us it is not bugged.

You sound like the GM I petitioned to when a forced name change made my shared bank containers disappear. He then stated a name change should have nothing to do affecting my shared bank and asked for a list of missing items and when I gave him the list..... low and behold, the GM found and replaced the missing items.
  10. Shaolin New Member

No, just one person attempting it. But...

That's not even the step that's bugged! It's the LAST step. I get the update fine for the step you're referring to.

Problem is: the spy is ALREADY UP. He's just standing there, between the NW and the NE turbine rooms. So you get the update, BUT NOTHING HAPPENS. No guards spawn. So the last step, where you have to pull the guards and kill them, to get the spy to flee, can't be done, since the guards don't spawn!

And the spy just stays spawned. He never despawns. I'm pretty sure that if the zone was just reset, so the friggin spy isn't there 24-7, the quest would start working again.

That just leaves one problem: all of us stuck here, would have to start the entire quest from the beginning, since we already got the update for the step that's supposed to spawn the guards. So a reset of the zone to a working state would still leave us with a quest with no chance of spawning the guards anymore.

But to recap:

THE SCRIPT IS BROKEN ON ARADUNE! How many different ways do we have to say this, "same code base" or not?
    WeCameWeConquered and Zaguraku like this.
  11. tuda Lorekeeper

Pretty sure someone already stated they got a GM to reset the zone and the steamwork spy was still standing there when the zone came back up. We most likely just need to have the spy despawned, so we can try the 2 last steps without the bugged version standing there.
  12. Notafel Journeyman

When I did this the other week on Rizlona the spy was bugged in the same way. Luckily everything worked correctly in a Pick Zone (unlike some of the other quests in that series). Unfortunate that the pick threshold is pretty high there despite it being a fairly underutilized zone. But eventually a few boxers tipped the scales and forced a pick and I was able to get it done.
  13. TrueNorth Developer

Was able to confirm this and it is now being tracked internally. Thank you for your report!

Convinced the steamwork spy mk-VII on Aradune to go back to work.
  14. Zaguraku New Member

So much for Same-code-base theory!!
  15. Wyora New Member

This was happening on Rizlona as well. We got around it by popping a pick and finishing the quest in the pick. What would cause the bug is is multiple people at the same point on the quest went back at the same time to spawn the spy. He would pop x 2, with double guardians. Kill the guardians, 1 spy would despawn, and leave 1 bugged spy in the zone, with a broken zone until a server reset.
    Svann2 likes this.
  16. Tanrmar1 New Member

hiya, the supplies for spies quest seems to be currently bugged, there are multiple clockwork spies up in the steam factory portion of the quest and when you clear out the area and walk into the room you get the quest update but the guards do not spawn so the quest never completes, ive tried clearing everything waiting for an internal cooldown for a few hours, ive tried abandoning the quest and redoing it all over and regardless the guards never spawn so the quest is never able to be completed. what makes me think it is bugged is the fact that there are also multiple spies up when there arent supposed to be, anyway i submitted a report and was told to put it in bug thread by a gm as well. Also this is on Mischief
    Mithra and Nemyar99 like this.
  17. Soulbanshee Augur

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/supplies-for-spies-task-broken.288497/
  18. Nemyar99 New Member

Came here to report this same issue, also on Mischief. Petitioned and GM Doex told me there will be no CS response and to submit a bug report. Now I see it's acknowledged & tracked internally since February. :(
  19. Mithra Augur

Still broken. Mischief server.
    Nemyar99 likes this.
  20. RoboClam New Member

Still broken on Mischief server, two Steamwork Spy VII's are spawned and do not despawn, guards do not spawn and redoing the whole chain does nothing to fix it.
    Nemyar99 likes this.