Looking for SK Macros & Suggestions

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cintile, Jan 30, 2023.

1. Ozon Augur

For must have now AA, add:

Mortal Coil
    Soul Abrasion
    Theft of Life
    Touch of the Cursed

All are passive AA that improve or provide some buff to lifetaps. These are a significant part of why our survivability is where it is.

1h/Shield for big pulls, or tough named, or a healer who isn't very good.
    2h everything else
    Wulfhere likes this.
  2. Cadira Augur

I mean immediate healing in today's game is substantially more powerful than heal over time. Bond has a pretty hefty quietus period where you could probably cast two life taps in that time instead, healing far more than 189k, and itd be immediate as your getting pounded and need it. 189k over bonds duration is pretty pitiful compared to just doing millions from constant taps.

And clerics don't use hots unless it's a pre-engage situation, lol. If even that.
    Lluianae, Syylke_EMarr and Emilari like this.
  3. LesserArchi Elder

While at it, anyone has SK Burn AA setup?

I usually have 3 button micros for burn to use on named and such.
    15 lines of AA if possible. (Forgot how many lines can be in a button).

I would appreciate the burn list.

Thank you.
  4. NatazzEvoli Elder

Vumad's breakdown is pretty spot on. I do not do much differently than what they have posted.

I use Unholy in my burn macro, which is this (accounting for lag):
    /pause 1, /disc Unholy Aura Discipline
    /pause 2, /alt act 1450
    /pause 9, /alt act 3822
    /pause 2, /alt act 2034
    /timer 4500, disc Sanguine Blade

a. Depending on the encounter, I'll usually follow that up w/ Visage of Decay, then Harm Touch (also have a macro for this do disable/enable BA + fd after cast if needed)
    b. Sometimes I hit Visage of Death instead of decay if I'm using the 2hander
    Either way, a then b, or b then a.

For the DoT discussion, I always use Bond as a habit before heal spells increased to where they are now. I will say the SKs who cast this on raids survive more than the ones that do not. Blood of Tearc is your best dot outside of using Plague plant mobs. Bond is useful for cross dotting as well, since you can heal multiple times in 1 tick. I say cast it if you have the mana. They should really remove the 21099/pulse heal restriction on it though.
  5. Metanis Bad Company

I like Vumad's post. I also try to simplify the button mashing. SK has more buttons than my cleric!
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  6. tsiawdroi TittyGOAT

You want to use spire when you harm touch.
    Vumad and Flatchy like this.
  7. Velisaris_MS Augur

There will never be a more accurate, truthful post than this.

Too. Many. Buttons.
  8. Raptorjesus5 Augur

Incoming wall of text!

Multibind. Spam this nonstop.
    1. Grisly Blade
    2. Spear
    3. Bite of Chaos
    4. Repudiate
    5. Dire tap
    6. Bite tap
    7. Current level regular tap
    8. Last level regular tap
    9. Slow tap with aggro/hp buff

As needed:
    Demand for Power
    AoE Lifteap
    Terror (still useful to pick up adds from a distance without getting summoned)
    Ecliptic Fang - oh crap heal
    Blood of Tearc - fastest DoT. only one worth casting for the most part.
    Skin buff

This leaves you with 1 flex spot, with nothing that stands out.

Can use Bond here, or another damage DoT. The disease DoT gets resisted a ton unless you cast disease debuffs first.

Torrent AC buff/debuff: trivial amount of AC, AC is not that great when using a 2hander anyways.

AoE aggro spells: Far too slow casting, and we have so many AAs that this isn't needed outside of unique/special circumstances.

Disruption/Incoming heal buff: Good for raids maybe? Never found it worth it when solo/grouping.

Harmshield: Good for niche circumstances. Take forever for the initial cooldown to wear off so need to plan ahead. You also have an AA version.

Voice of Thule: Good to cast on other tanks if they are tanking I think. AFAIK doesn't stack with Touch of Namdrows aggro buff on self.

Spite of / Leechcurse Disc - Both of these are pretty useless, I would honestly just leave them off your bars and save the space. Spite lowers melee dps and I've never parsed it but the drop in melee damage probably lowers healing more than the proc provides. Leech lasts about 1.5 seconds lol.

Regarding Macros. The only thing that might be worth macroing is Shield Flash/Bandolier. Otherwise Macros aren't worth it and you just need to get good at hitting the buttons as they will activate much faster/reliably that way. Keybind as much as you can.
    Metanis and NatazzEvoli like this.
  9. Notinterested Augur

Add Leechcurse to your Shield Flash macro and leave it off your bars. Best use i have found for it.
    bbanz, Raptorjesus5 and Ozon like this.
  10. Wulfhere Augur

Why do you say that? It lasts 24 seconds.

[Sun Feb 05 13:15:22 2023] You activate Leechcurse Discipline.
    [Sun Feb 05 13:15:22 2023] Your skin glows with dark energy.
    [Sun Feb 05 13:15:49 2023] The dark energy fades from your skin.

I suspect you are using something that has a stacking issue and cancels it early. Perhaps Blood Drinker's Coating or CoA breastplate click?
  11. Notinterested Augur

Or they are just exaggerating the low uptime. The statement does end in lol.
    Raptorjesus5 likes this.
  12. tsiawdroi TittyGOAT

Spite doesn't lower melee dps.
  13. Raptorjesus5 Augur

It lowers melee damage by 10% unless I am just missing something that offsets that.

And yes I was joking about the short uptime of Leechcurse. I just haven’t really found much of a need for it every since swarming was nerfed.
  14. Notinterested Augur

Yes, it does.
  15. Cadira Augur

According to spell data it increases min hit damage (despite description leading to believe it lowers damage), which is prob unintended but it appears to increase damage overall instead of lower.
    Metanis likes this.
  16. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Taken from the spell data:
    ------------------------------
    8: Increase Min Hit Damage by 90%
    Text: You change your grip to strike with spite.
    Book: Disciplines/OffensiveBook: Timer 14While active, you will deal 90% of your normal melee damage, but your melee strikes have a chance to lower your target's armor class by 160, deal 2294 damage and return 150% of that to you as health every six seconds for 18 seconds.
    --------------------------------

I think this is a case of the text being wonky. I don't think it INCREASES min hit damage by 90%. I think it sets it to 90%, which would agree with the long form text.

Seriously, if this spell increased you melee damage by 90%, everyone would be using it ;)

It's like when DBG says it's a 150% bonus XP weekend. It's not a 150% bonus, it's a 50% bonus making it 150% total. I think the spell text for this is the exact opposite. They say "adds 90%", but they mean "sets it to 90%".

Sounds like we should test this :)
    Cadira likes this.
  17. Cadira Augur

For sure. Good news is, min hit damage modifiers, positive or negative, are "extremely" small in damage calc now from what I can tell. You prob wouldn't be able to parse a difference without a week long parse of each lol.
  18. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Baseline, only buff active is Jann buff (for haste, mostly):
    [IMG]
    Information not shown: Minimum Pierce hit was 20015

Add: Spite of Mirenilla Rk. III (interestingly, looks like the proc on Spite triggered my Sympathetic procs):
    [IMG]
    Information not shown: Minimum Pierce hit was 21505

Minimum Piercing hit increased by 1490. Variable I can't really account for is the proc from Spite decreases the target's AC.
    Szilent and NatazzEvoli like this.
  19. Tatanka Joe Schmo

My test was a bit different:

3 minutes GH test dummy, auto attack only

Without Spite:
    51,725 total DPS
    45,700 slash DPS (main hand weapon)

With Spite (all other buffs the same):
    52,783 total DPS
    40,795 slash DPS

Looks like a 10% decrease to me. The DoT added from the Spite buff more than made up for the difference.

Certainly not a 90% increase in melee damage ;)
    NatazzEvoli likes this.
  20. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Question: Looks like you're using EQLogParser. I just started using it the other day. For my test I just posted, I had to go back to GamParse, because I couldn't figure out how to get the damage breakdown, as shown in your post. How do you get it to show the breakdown of damage types?