The problem with low exp per kill of mobs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ozlaar, Jan 29, 2023.

1. Nennius Curmudgeon

LoL In a sense I do. I do pay for two accounts and have for a long time though. I just have other things in life to pay for that matter more to me.
    Veteran_BetaTester likes this.
  2. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

OP I agree with you to a certain point. I do believe the excuse for some people are to use programs to hunt 24 hrs a day (AUTO) because they want to gain to 120 and max aa and it would take a while with the exp pe kill rate. I don't agree making exp more would fix program players.
  3. Dre. Altoholic

Maybe the problem instead, is that Shadowknights do things like this while most classes lack a viable solo-for-exp strategy.
  4. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

More XP per kill would also make it significantly easier for the AFK XPers, whether they're using a program to automate their killing or a pet or a merc or whatever standing in a spawn spot. I suspect that has far more to so with moving the largest portion of XP to quests vs just kills. You have to do a lot more interaction with quests than just the whack-a-mole XPing that can be automated.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  5. Celephane Augur

This is nonsense. I get lots of exp per kill and it all goes to AAs because I've been fully into 120 since last expansion. Utilize your resources and stop complaining about things that don't matter to you. Incoming exp will only make getting AAs silly easy, even though they aren't hard now...what you want is a smaller pool to fill your levels and that just doesn't make any sense.
    Rijacki, Yinla and CatsPaws like this.
  6. Althalonas New Member

I never get this argument... surely when leveling you just do the progression tasks? It's way more fun than just grinding in a single spot. I have a bunch of level 120 characters and pretty much all of them have done 110 to 120 simply by doing the ToV - ToL progression task with a bit of extra xp from collection items found as I was leveling.

The only time I grind a single spot is when I want to do Hunter. All though once you are max level you do need to grind cloak xp in NoS but the reward for doing that is huge.
  7. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I can't agree with something which isn't a fact. There is PLENTY of XP per kill, which you can see when sending XP to AAs.

What people don't like is that, even with plenty of XP per kill, it takes FOREVER to level just getting XP that way. So, that's NOT a low XP per kill issue, that's a ton of XP needed to level issue. Those are two different things.

And, if Overseer didn't exist, I'd be very much not happy with that situation. But, since Overseer does exist, it really doesn't bother me at all. I haven't had my XP set to anything other than 100% to AA since I returned in April of '20 (the month after Overseer was released, which is very much NOT a coincidence).

As I said in a previous post, once you're max level, even if you HATE Overseer, and HATE doing the progression to level, you still only have to do Overseer for about 50 days every 2 years to keep at max level. Seriously, Overseer haters, just suck it up and be done with it. You'll still be able to grind to your heart's content to get all the new AAs added each year.
    Kaenneth, Ozon, Celephane and 3 others like this.
  8. Tappin Augur

There isn't anything different between the two, besides some syntax. The same mudflation occurs. The end result is the same.
  9. Tatanka Joe Schmo

One goes slow, the other goes fast.

Seems different to me.
  10. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

This assumes that everyone has access to groups for the progression at all times. It’s illogical to have group based profession without a group finder feature.

Also, grinding mobs has entire genres built around it. People just like the flow of it. Ultimately, different strokes for different folks but sufficient regular experience from killing mobs provides a fall back feature to reward the player for time spent. If they don’t want to mess the experience number, then either repeatable tasks for experience rewards or a reduced leveling curve would be options.
  11. TheRealMuramx Elder

I have less of an issue with exp at end game because AA is easy to come by. I have an issue with the exp getting to the end game. I went back to my live be server after hoping TLPs. I had 1 100 and a few 90's I am now currently 113 and I am about to run into a problem. I have done all the ToV stuff but Kael which will be done in the next couple days and doing the math I will just barely hit 114 on on and be about 15% away on my boxes. Now I have to rely on the overseer and collections or fight red cons that hit like a freight train that take a couple mins to kill for .o3% exp.

I feel like the devs don't know what they are doing so they have been implementing stuff from EQ2. Well if I wanted EQ2, that's what I would be playing.
  12. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

No, more XP per kill would be bad for those AFK power leveling and/or selling characters. Time means very little to someone that AFK automates. Reduced rewards makes AFK play more rewarded.
  13. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Pull the other one. That's laughable.
  14. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

What?
  15. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Pull my other leg, you cannot possibly be serious.
  16. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

People with infinite time don’t care, if the rates are slower. The slower the rates the more RMT for leveling services and characters. I don’t know how it’s difficult to grasp that faster leveling undermines RMT services. The same way Heroic Characters impact those markets.
    Dre. likes this.
  17. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

That was my guess too.
    Rijacki likes this.
  18. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Leveling purely off of XP vs any encouragement/requirement to do progression quests greatly benefits those "services" and AFK leveling. Those who want and pay for someone to level them or who use AFK-leveling do so for the instant gratification. You cannot advertise "x # levels in an hour" if the XP by kill alone is slow from low XP on kills alone and someone is less likely to pay for that "service" if they can level more quickly for free via a different means, i.e. doing the progression. Even someone using a program to level AFK is expecting a instant gratification, to be able to gain multiple levels running the program overnight or while away at work. For a leveling "service" to utilize progression or other percent gain XP, they would either need full control of the account or have the account's player there to interact with NPCs. Just as with AFK XPing, part of the reason players engage with the "services" is so they don't need to play their character through "the boring parts" of leveling. So, those "services" are generally limited to XP by kill. Low XP, slower "service", not as attractive to the buyer. How hard is all that to grasp?

So, really, pull my other leg if you're trying to allege that low XP per kill is benefiting either the leveling "services" or the AFK-leveling players. It doesn't work with the end-result of instant gratification.
  19. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Are you sure you play this game?
  20. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

I do not play the "I need instant gratification" game. But I do understand that there are many who do. I have heard the pitches in /shout (I have OOC and auction off because I don't want to hear the pitches for those "services" because I have zero interest in them) and they all cite a number of levels or from x-x in a set amount of time. That wouldn't be as viable/attractive if it was slow. I will not pay someone to play my character nor will I intentionally allow someone to take over my account for any purpose (and, yes, that excludes me from some guilds/raids).

What game are you playing?

I currently play Everquest with my own characters.