Fixed Internally Mean Streets Raid - Boss Resets and Illusion Health

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Gorg00, Jan 10, 2023.

1. Gorg00 Augur

If you fail to kill all 3 Illusions in the Mean Streets raid, currently the boss is resetting to full health after he ports to a new location, even if you have someone waiting there to grab aggro immediately. I don't believe it's intended that failing to kill all 3 Illusions full heals him.

This is made worse by the fact that the Illusion Health feels like it's too high, or the timer on killing them is too short, making it hard to actually kill all 3 Illusions in time before they despawn and the boss warps away. I believe that maybe only a handful of guilds will have the DPS to reasonably kill all of the illusions as it stands now-- though maybe that's intended? but it feels very bad combined with it full healing every "fail".
    Cyphren, Fenthen, ChiiChii and 11 others like this.
  2. 666DPSweDeliver Augur

Unless something has changed from Beta, he only does that when spawning in 2 of the 4 spots (I think). Still a bug and still very annoying. We had to kill essentially kill him 3 times on opening raid day because of it. The illusion's hp is fine, it's the timer on that phase that's way too short.
    alanus likes this.
  3. Allayna Augur

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...overview-shar-vahl-mean-streets.286248/page-3

Almost 2 pages of this 3 page thread about the mean streets raid discussion in beta was about Jak leash healing to 100% on swap.

The group mission went live with that broken mechanic and then was fixed.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/hotfix-notes-december-15-2022.287707/

Specifically :

- Mean Streets (Mission) - Jakarashev should no longer restore all of his health when he teleports to one of his illusions.

Too bad they didn't fix the raid when they did that hotfix too.
    Carden and Svann2 like this.
  4. Lianeb Augur

Bump

This is made even worse now that you actually put the HP locks in at 22 12 7
    You have to kill him 4 times now if you don't kill all the illusions

How about a Hotfix you did it for the group mission
  5. Kalamos Augur

In our raid last night Jak did heal slightly when he swapped to an Illusion (which I believe is intended) but did not reset to full health on any of three swaps. No idea what might cause him to reset to full. Hopefully they get that figured out.
  6. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Same for us tonight. He'd swap but only go up a couple percent, instead of fully healing.
  7. Lianeb Augur

Did you guys have people staged at each area to pick him up when he ported?

We were doing cut off the head so most of our tanks were busy with thugs so we were not able to cover the spots and just let him port and ran to him where ever he was.
  8. Lubianx Augur

Yeah about 2-3% prior to each threshold, we had a tank group go to each of the positions.

Going for cut off the head achievement would make this more challenging unless you had a lot of tanks and healers for them
  9. Kalamos Augur

Yes we did.
  10. ArtremasEQ Augur

It seems he only heals a small amount by design when he swaps, but he can then leash VERY easily and randomly, and then jumps to 100%. This leash can be reduced by having tanks at the spot, but not totaly as it seems to occur before he even actually arrives.

We had tank activley tanking the only alive illusion for each swap (we killed the other two each time), twice it went up about 20% when boss swapped, once it went up 100% on the warp and tank was standing right there, activley swinging and ae agroing etc.

(See Soapy's other bug report just posted for what happens if you kill ALL the illusions which we did twice, bugs out totally such that can't win the event).
  11. Cadira Augur

Can confirm this still occasionally happens.

Last night my sk picked him up on a swap (we didn't kill any illusions) at the second spot, he didn't even move before I agroed him (aka didn't leash) and he spawned at 100% instead of just healing 15% or whatever.
  12. ArtremasEQ Augur

And if you DO kill all the Illusions, the he locks at the next HP point, does not pop illusions, and you can't finish at all..... !
  13. TrueNorth Developer

Was not able to reproduce the healing to 100% issue, but passed it along to be looked out.
    Was able to reproduce the HP not unlocking if all of the scatter illusions are killed.
    Thank you for your reports!
  14. Thunderkiks Augur

This happened to us last night again. He went under the world and reappeared at the East location and was back to 100%. Might be just that one location since he didnt so that the week before but he reappeared at a different spot.
  15. Lianeb Augur

This isn't a heal...this is a leash if not quickly (and I mean quickly) agroed.
    PS:
    He does it if no one is at the spot he ports to, to agro him 100% of the time
  16. Svann2 The Magnificent

IDK, I think Ive seen him go to 100% right before he ports so it may not be a leash.