The problem with low exp per kill of mobs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ozlaar, Jan 29, 2023.

1. Ozlaar Journeyman

Lets face it EverQuest has turned into EverPay. You either spend hours killing mobs with little to show for the time you spend killing mobs. Or you spend time looking for a group to do missions of which there are few groups. Or you pay someone to level you so that you can keep up with the game. In doing so you either buy Daybreak Cash to get more experance in Overseer, buy Krono to sell for PP to have someone Power Level you, buy Krono on Discord which I do not recommed and we all know it's done and Daybreak looks the other way it seems. I do understand why Daybreak lowered the exp per kill so that people would use missions, but less than 1% per kill is nuts, and it causes the above to happen. One simple solution is to raise the exp rate on single mobs to where doing missions is a lettle better exp rate than killing mobs. Let me know if you have any other ideas on fixing this. Thanks!
  2. Tatanka Joe Schmo

These threads are getting old.

Do Overseer for 50 days every 2 years. Congrats, you are now max level. Current XP per mob is just fine for collecting AAs. No extra cash outlay required.

Move along people, nothing to see here.
  3. Nennius Curmudgeon

I use Overseer every day and I have never paid any RL money to do so. To each their own I guess. The Krono part is undeniable though. In any case, the idea of a for-profit company trying to maximize profits seems pretty obvious to me.

P.S. I also haven't ever paid RL cash for Krono. Yes, I am cheap in some ways.
  4. Tappin Augur

Who pays for EQ just to turn around and not play EQ...
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  5. Ozon Augur

Spending many hours killing mobs for little to show for it. Welcome to 1998 to well now in EQ. Did everyone forget what "hell levels" were? The entire game is designed about being a time sink.
    Lubianx, Elyssanda, Rijacki and 3 others like this.
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I hate having to play a mini game for leveling exp but it does work and you can do it without spending any money.

That being said I am sure there are some like me who spend DB cash to finish off overseer missions when you log in an hour before they are done and want to start a new set without waiting. Whether spending the 500 DB that comes as part of a sub is spending money or not is debatable. I guess the deciding factor is whether you would have used the DB cash for something else.

It would be nice to know what DB's goals were when creating Overseer. Well to be fair I would love to know their goals on all their design choices. It would be neat to play a game where those sorts of discussions occur with devs.
    Stymie and Joules_Bianchi like this.
  7. Tatanka Joe Schmo

OK, Tappin, one more time.

YOU DON'T HAVE TO >JUST< DO OVERSEER!

Do Overseer for regular XP. Then do all the other activities you'd normally be doing, and let XP go to AAs.
  8. code-zero Augur

Currently doing overseer to get fragments of alaris to finish off the tear on some of alts!
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and CatsPaws like this.
  9. Roxas MM Augur

less then 1% per kill is nuts ?
    so you think 1% is fine, which means a good shadow knight pulls 10 times and is max level again with a new expansion? now that's nuts.
    Tegila, Ssdar, FranktheBank and 3 others like this.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I have never paid for a power level nor have I purchased/sold any Krono. I have a few characters at 120 and they got there without those things. No, I did not get there in 1 week - it took a while.

My Daybreak cash goes for specials when they come up - like expansion bundles, seasonal housing stuff etc. So I don't use it for Overseer etc.

There are many ways and bonus's to those ways to work up the levels in the game. Hint: everQUEST. But if a player is in need of immediate gratification then they would probably use those sources you mentioned.
  11. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

On the flip side a 110 poorly equipped SK is going to be stuck on doing content well below their level for minimal experience gain. As the design stands now, it’s feast or famine with experience. If you have a consistent group or boxes or some favorable luck to get added to mission achievements then you can really press forward quickly.

There’s a lot to be improved upon for times people can’t find groups and encourage player retention when faced without a group.
  12. Nennius Curmudgeon

You're jumping to a false conclusion. Overseer is just another tool in the EQVerse. Folks should be free to interact with the game in multiple ways. Be safe.
  13. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Ditto.
    I have never bought or sold a krono or sold any other item bought real money to get plat. The DB cash I have is usually spent on "fluff" items like housing stuff, a few ornaments and armor appearance stuff (including a couple unlocks).

I have two characters at 120 because those are the only two I -want- at 120. I have several characters at various other levels for grouping with friends. Even my two at 120 are specifically for grouping with friends. I don't raid at this time. Admittedly, my two at 120 did get a jump to 85 from the point they were leveled to before the insta-80 was added while I was away from the game. Most of my leveling across all of my characters has been with killing stuff and I am very "behind" on all progressions.

But, I am not playing for instant gratification. I'm playing for fun adventure with friends and some on my own. Often that's in content that was released while I was away from the game. While I would like to do more in the current expansions, playing with friends (one of which isn't to 120 yet) is far more fun and important.
    Ndaara, CatsPaws and Nennius like this.
  14. Tappin Augur

Overseers has nothing to do with EQ and it's gameplay. In terms to F2p clickers, it's horrible. Even Cookie Clicker is more fun.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Good thing you are free to ignore it as it isn't required to play the game.
  16. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

About as much to do with the game as LON did and this was meant to be a version of that. Just a little cool graphical, player reward game in a game.
    Celephane, Rijacki and Tatanka like this.
  17. Nennius Curmudgeon

Thank you for your misguided opinion. And as several others have said; If you don't like Overseer, don't play it. I, for one, will continue to use it for various purposes every day.

P.S. I don't play it for fun. For me it is an efficient way to accomplish the task of leveling lightly used alts. And why should my actions matter to you? Who pi**ed in your Cheerios?
  18. Tappin Augur

My opinion is not misguided at all. Besides free stuff, what part of EQ's gameplay can the player use Overseers to interact with game? Vanguard's Diplomacy is good example of gameplay interaction.

Everquest is in maintenance mode, that is why Overseers exist.
  19. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

So you agree to keep little exp per kill?
  20. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

So are you saying you freeload?