When One Door Closes - "No Poke" ach

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Velisaris_MS, Jan 29, 2023.

1. Velisaris_MS Augur

What's the best way to get this achievement? Every write-up I've seen is just a cut&paste of the in-game description, which doesn't really help.

I know it involves the aura on the underbulk form and not getting hit by it, but what's the strategy for it? Where's the best place to stand and/or fight the mob? Does the tank have to worry about it? Can ranged toons stand on the floor above and not get hit by it?

It seems like the stun and the aura hit at almost the same time for my group, which has made it impossible to get so far. Any advice would be appreciated.
  2. Xellen Lorekeeper

You simply run out of the aura. There is no challenge to this, nothing special to set up, just move away from it.
  3. Windance Augur

It is possible that the stun and the AE are tied to the bosses HP.

Try going slower, and be ready to move as soon as you see the aura.

If you go slow, be ready to do with the add using a cure. I think I used remove greater curse.
    Sissruukk likes this.
  4. Sissruukk Rogue One

Like Windance said, go slow with it. If you go in with a full burn, the chicken will spawn and stun and it won't wear off until usually after the underbulk shift change. Take care of the adds with a cure (another achieve). Tank the mob on one side of the room so you have space to run to on the other side. Also, because of how the aura sits on the ground, if you are tanking up by the little grassy areas, make sure that whoever is standing in them moves as well if the aura drops by those. SOMETIMES we have seen a double-aura drop when we are burning fast, as the amorphous blob form will drop a second aura as you are running from the first (due to it having the powers of all the other forms). To avoid this, just go slow with it.
  5. Soulbanshee Augur

Mercs will fail this if you are running any.
  6. Svann2 The Magnificent

a few ideas:
    Stop dps if the tank gets stunned, assuming the aura is hp based. Or have a mage coth the tank out of the aura. Maybe have a monk tank it using their stun immunity disc.
    edit: or have a pet tank and players only do ranged dps
    Silvena likes this.
  7. Velisaris_MS Augur

Thanks for the replies.

How can the tank avoid it? We've tried it where the tank also runs away, but the mob just follows and the tank stays in the aura...meaning we fail it.

My guildmates and I have the other 2 achievements on this, but this one is irritating us. :D
  8. Moege Augur

Have a mage/bst/nec pet tank the mob
    cluster everyone together, eveyone with back to mob
    when aura spawns run together to new spot
    can fail this even after mob is dead
    FYAD and Ankarv like this.
  9. Svann2 The Magnificent

Thats confusing. If the tank runs away it shouldnt fail it since the aura doesnt move
  10. Maedhros High King

Its not uncommon that I have been stunned so long that I can't move to avoid the red aura.
    If you really need the ach, I'd use a pet tank and bring caster dps.
    Once you get the ach the mission is absolutely trivial to just burn and ignore the aura mechanic entirely.
  11. Velisaris_MS Augur

That's what I thought was going to happen...the aura hits a spot and everyone runs away.

But every time we've tried it, the aura moves with the mob because I can see it moving around. I'm constantly having to run away more to try and stay out of it, depending on where the mob/aura goes.
  12. Lianeb Augur

I have never seen it do that. the aura isn't static where it spawns. In fact it isn't even static at the mob since it can spawn under a caster standing away from the mob.
  13. Smokezz The Bane Crew

That's definitely not how it works. It spawns at the person called out. You need to have everyone in group move away from the spot the person called out was standing.

The floor shakes as things move underground near Someone.

Everyone moves away from the spot "Someone" was standing, every time and you get the achievement. It doesn't move from that spot. If you're an all caster group... have everyone spread out. If an lots of melee group, just stack on the mob and move when it's called.
  14. Velisaris_MS Augur

I understand that's how it's supposed to work, but that's not what I see happening when it hits and everyone runs. Now, we have just been going in and trying to burn it down as fast as possible, so maybe that's causing some sort of issue...I don't know.

We'll try it the slow and steady way next time. Thanks to everyone for the pointers.
  15. Syylke_EMarr Augur

It's possible that it's spawning under someone not next to the mob, giving the illusion that it has moved.

We tend to tank the blob at one of the side doors, then run across to the other door when the aura pops. Once it pops the first time, we burn it down to avoid any extra auras.
    minimind likes this.
  16. Gialana Augur

If you're burning it fast enough, I wonder if it's possible to get a second aura while the first one is still up.
    Silvena likes this.
  17. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Curse only cure does not work, it's corruption. (or a combo cure)
    minimind and Windance like this.
  18. Windance Augur

Thanks for the correction.
  19. Brickhaus Augur

I only burn the mission (so far).

I've always gotten failure messages for the achievement before the next player call out. I'm not sure if the auras are still functional after the failure call out, but the fails definitely happen before the next player call out.

Someday I'll see the adds you folks are talking about...
  20. Svann2 The Magnificent

Cant finish the achievements without dealing with the add.
    (unless that was one of those that was bugged and giving it regardless)