Suggestion: Offer Bundles from Previous Expansions for Purchase

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kalela, Jan 22, 2023.

1. Kalela New Member

I've been a player and fan of EverQuest since release in 1999. Unfortunately, life has taken me away from the game a couple of times during the past nearly 24 years since release. Had it not, I would have bought the Collector's Edition of each expansion (which is what I do each time).

Here I am now, missing several items for my Guild Hall and unable to collect certain items simply because I wasn't online during the time specific expansions were released. I am willing to pay for those now as a bundle.

My guild is seeing so many former players coming back to the game and even new players discovering the game. It's unfortunate that there's not a path for these players to obtain these items just because they were active players at the time (or aware of EverQuest at the time).

It would be great if Daybreak would consider bundle packs in the Marketplace for the extra items that came with the various expansions over the years. :)
    Ozon and Graag Baash like this.
  2. Iven Antonius Bayle

3. Knight-errant Journeyman

The House of Thule collection is on there now. It takes you through the website like you are buying an expansion. And they put up other collections now and then for sale, but they are always stupid expensive.
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

They did that with House of Thule and if it ended up being profitable enough I would assume they will do it with other expansions. If it wasn't profitable enough then don't expect to see it done more.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

They have done the bundle sales over the last 2 years and usually in June or August so keep your eyes open around that time.

Kermit and I have been keeping a list of the items offered in the different bundles.

August 2022 https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ened-sea-expansion-items.284979/#post-4160460

June 2022 https://www.everquest.com/news/eq-tov-free-cotf-items - its listed at the bottom of the page

June 2021 an overall bundle https://www.everquest.com/news/eq-past-expansion-collectors-edition-bundle-2021

August 2021 https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...on-the-marketplace-for-a-limited-time.276992/

And the one that is still in marketplace because the TLP need it for bags I guess

https://www.everquest.com/news/eq-house-of-thule-bundle-2019
    Kalela likes this.
  6. Kalela New Member

I'd love for them to offer the RoF painting to do the collects and the ability to buy the portals for guild halls. It's such a bummer to have no way to get those when you either didn't know about the game or were offline during the time the expansions released. And I'm willing to pay for them! :)

Thanks for the info!
    Rijacki likes this.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yep that was the reason I purchased it in that June 21 pack even though it was expensive but I wanted to finish all those "you must own the collections edition of Rain of Fear blah blah blah.

We can hope for more to be offered !!
    Rijacki likes this.
  8. Sindace Elder

Appreciate the info CatsPaws! I'm hopeful from the links that they're marching forward to TBM, which I've waited for for years to swing back around. Quite a fan of that colorful skeleton illusion.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  9. Jedis Arch Mage

The issue with the implementation of these bundles is that they are in the market. They need to be implemented the same as the original /claims, so the items can be enjoyed on all servers that have the relevant expansions unlocked.

For example, I purchase the Friends and Family of NoS. There are certain items from that bundle that I cannot claim on a TLP (mount being one until Luclin unlocks), but others that can be claimed. However, with them sold in the market, TLP players are cut off completely, as none of those are sold on TLPs until way later in the expansion release cycle. This is cutting off a source of sales and revenue.
  10. Svann2 The Magnificent

Also beta rewards for the same reasons. Id like the pet mimic illusion from CoV for an alt on 2nd account.
  11. Ngreth Thergn Developer

While they are not always available, when an expansion is the "Current" expansion on a progression server, and we have made the marketplace bundle for that expansion, it is available on that progression server.
    Nennius, Rijacki and Sindace like this.
  12. Sindace Elder

Excellent news, thanks for weighing in Ngreth. Hope to snag the TBM bundle soon.
  13. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Since the items go into claim and can be /claim on characters on Live servers, this would be a lovely way to get past items I am missing and wanting. Now I need to keep track of bundles and TLP unlocks :)
  14. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Worse is: expansion bundles that gave you 999 claim of an item do not do so in these expansion bundles. You get one, for the same markup.
    Bobokin and Paladin like this.
  15. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

That sucks. But there is really only one bundle I want, the Bixie Hive house *laugh*
    Paladin and Elyssanda like this.
  16. Jedis Arch Mage

Exactly. You get one, and only one on the character that bought it from the market with the way it's set up. I'm fine with 1 if that's the way it is, but I don't have access to any.

That's why the HoT bundle is still there and so popular. You can buy for any TLP, in any era, and have bags and mounts. I primarily play on Agnarr (time locked TLP) and Vaniki. Agnarr doesn't get access to any marketplace bundles. I want the items that were sold with collectors/friends and family with the last dozen or so expansion releases that were available via /claim at the time the expansion was released. Since Agnarr will never see those expansions, we can never get the items sold via the market. There are things, such as illusion items and mounts that are cosmetic only that wouldn't harm a thing. Much like my Sonic Wolf mount my bard is using on Agnarr from the NoS expansion release.

If making these available again on the EQ website via a purchase/unlock isn't feasible, then perhaps someone can spend the time decoupling the cosmetics and such from each expansion and list those in the market so any server can purchase them?
    Paladin and Rijacki like this.
  17. Jedis Arch Mage

Yeah, but that still leaves some servers out. Can you relist the SKUs for the older expansions on the EQ website and we can purchase them that way? The work there should be minimal.

They could be re-added in this list when you login to purchase the current expansion.
    [IMG]
    Rijacki likes this.
  18. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Ack, ! forgot about the "on the character who bought it" thing. That utterly sucks :(
  19. Paladin Augur

The issue with these Bundles from a Players point of view... is the price and what you get.

For instance, the items that award 999 each with expansion purchases, are only awarded 1 each with Bundles. Changing this, alone, might increase Bundle sales.

Also, the Underfoot (aka Past Expansions) Bundle was $79.99. While there were a number of 'desirable' items in it, the main item I was interested in was the Mark of Brell (click teleport to Brell's Rest).

The Underfoot Bundle had 13 items in it, so that's an average price of $6.16 (616 DB Cash) for each item.

My interest in the Mark of Brell was to acquire one for each of my other 13 Characters, since the expansion only awarded a single Mark of Brell, rather than the 999 that other expansions have awarded (for portal items).

So, if that one item (Mark of Brell) had been offered for the 616 DBC (or even jacked up to 1,000 DBC), I would have bought one Bundle and 12 more Marks of Brell.

So, instead of just the 79.99 I did spend, I was not about to pay $80 each for the other 12 Characters (my main character has one).

I would have, however, spent the 616 to 1,000 DBC each for the other 11 characters... meaning a loss of at least 7,392 DBC in revenue for DB.

I strongly suggest that in the future, when bundles are offered, that certain items be offered individually as well... such as the Portals, Mounts, Illusions, Mercs and Familiars.

I suspect that, even though the individual items have a much smaller price tag, that overall sales (revenue) may actually be better, becuase many Players are not interested in most of the items included in the bundle (faction items, potions, etc.), but rather they want certain individual items.

In fact, with the Tradeskill Depot in place, the large bags are likely far less desirable.

A sale of one Bundle is not as good as selling a pile of individual items, as most Players I know, 'want' would like to have just one item from the bundle, but they are simply not willing to shell out $80 (budgets and all) to get the one item they want.
  20. Bobokin Augur

It would be nice to have these in rotation.