CLR and PAL buff stacking

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Xanbar, Jan 18, 2023.

1. Xanbar Augur

I was under the mistaken impression that CLR and PAL hit point buffs did not stack. Tonight I noticed that my pet had both Persistence and Brell's Tenacious Barrier buffs. Have CLR and PAL buff stacking always worked that way or is this a more recent change?
  2. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Brells has always stacked. It is the Ageo lines that do not stack. Eventually (RoF?) they become equal, stat-wise, but cleric one is longer duration.

Brells <whatever> => Spiritual <whatvever> (BST buff) => Strength of <Whatever> (RNG buff) are the ones with main stacking issues.
    Gialana likes this.
  3. Lubianx Augur

They have always stacked. What doesn't stack is brells line with either ranger strength line or beast SV line (WW beat me to it)
  4. Xanbar Augur

Thanks a bunch for taking the time to respond and clarifying that for me.
  5. Annastasya Augur

One other thing to note for Paladins- For most classes the Cleric Symbol/AC/Spellhaste buff in combination with the Druid Skin buff of appropriate ranks will give you the most Hitpoints/AC/Mana Regen.

For Paladins, Your self buffs along with Cleric Aegolism line (currently Persistence at 120) will give you the best combination of these stats, so you may want to block Druid Skin or at least be aware that it does not stack with your self buffs. This was true, at least, the last time i checked and has been so for quite some time.
  6. Vumad Cape Wearer

Brell's is the hybrid line. It doesn't stack with BST HP or RNG HP.

Paladins have a CLR buff that is on the same line as temperance and that does not stack.

On the note of hybrid buffs, PAL is HP, RNG is ATK, BST is in the middle. As an ENC, I always want brells, but melee, even tanks, possibly even PAL, may prefer the RNG version for the higher ATK.

Brell's isn't blocking temperance but it is blocking RNG HP. Your pet probably would prefer the RNG spell instead of the PAL spell for the extra ATK unless your pet is the tank.

DRU Skin does not stack with CLR Temperance, but it does stack with CLR symbol. For many classes, the ideal buff is Skin / symbol / brells or skin / symbol / hunter. I believe PAL and maybe CLR is an exception because some self buffs but I am not an expert on the topic.
  7. Wulfhere Augur

No, RNG strength conflicts on slot 1 ATK with Knight's Yaulp and early Ward of Tunare lines.

Yes, they have shielding buffs that conflict on the slot 4 mana regen that starts with Protection of the Cabbage.
    Vumad likes this.
  8. Annastasya Augur

As a cleric i have almost all ranger buffs blocked. :) Typically they do not stack with yaulp, and yaulp is life.