Why is Coirnav getting merged before hitting Live?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by SteamFox, Jan 11, 2023.

1. FranktheBank Augur

We talked about this in EQR discord, but perhaps flagging it as a fast-unlock server, so it receives the bonuses Selo once had, for the accelerated timeline? I don't know what mechanisms Darkpaw can edit on the fly with servers.
  2. Kakashi77 Elder

Thanks for listening to us Ngreth. We've been discussing this for about a week. As you know majority of the server is currently in one guild but we are doing well and progressing as we should through all expansions thus far. The last hurdle of expansions are still challenging enough that completing them with the current ruleset in the reduced timeline you propose is hard to say the least. If there are adjustments in the form of double exp/loot added in it would compensate the shorter time we have in farming and leveling up to complete these remaining expansions in era. Not to mention the removal of truebox; this really has to go... there is no benefit having this anymore on this server.

I would also like to propose a slightly different timeline as we would like to have more time in TBL. Roughly as follows:
    Torment of Velious Unlocks 3/9/2023 (2 months of TBL - normal timeline)
    Claws of Veeshan Unlocks 4/27/2023 (7 weeks of ToV)
    Terror of Luclin Unlocks 6/1/2023 (5 weeks of CoV)
    Nights of Shadows Unlocks 7/20/2023 (7 weeks of ToL)

Given that NoS is the current live expansion getting ToL done would be the goal and being in NoS at the end just means we hit live.

The server hopes these adjustments (double loot/exp and truebox removed) are considered with the proposed timeline changes to give us a fighting chance at finishing on a high.
    FranktheBank, Aiona, echkk and 3 others like this.
  3. Ngreth Thergn Developer

We agree with this Schedule.

Torment of Velious Unlocks 3/9/2023 (2 months of TBL - normal timeline)
    Claws of Veeshan Unlocks 4/27/2023 (7 weeks of ToV)
    Terror of Luclin Unlocks 6/1/2023 (5 weeks of CoV)

Nights of Shadows Unlocks 7/20/2023 (7 weeks of ToL)

Additionally, with the 3/9/2023 unlock, we will relax truebox to 3 boxes. We are not planning other changes.

You should see the schedule changes for this in the Calendar with the February Patch (Currently 2/15)
    FranktheBank, Aiona, Yinla and 6 others like this.
  4. SteamFox Augur

That schedule is good as it will allow us to merge into NoS. I'm told even with relaxed truebox that hitting multiple keys on individual computers sharing the same wifi will still flag as a false truebox and disconnect you. Is this true? If so perhaps in the era of multibinds if we are changing truebox rules it should be a full removal?

Also can you pretty please toss us an xp/loot bone, accelerated timelines would make this challenging even with bonuses.
    Skribbs likes this.
  5. SteamFox Augur

Will the server be flagged as "fast unlock" in regards to things like currency?
    Skribbs likes this.
  6. an_ogre_monk00 Elder

Dey taketh, and den taketh away more.
  7. Kakashi77 Elder

Thanks Ngreth. Can you please consider the experience modifier and extra drops as well? It does make a difference in assisting us with gearing up prior to each expansion openings. The limited time for the expansion means we need to find a way to assist our farming while staying relevant enough in tackling the expansion on a shorter time frame, let alone working on the required experience/AA in between. Just to clarify we did not request for half lockouts as that is not practical for how our remaining members are able to raid so we opted for more drops instead as a way to assist us in this new schedule.
    Helloitsme likes this.
  8. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

I'd just like to hop in and say it's nice to see action being taken to make this work for this server. I don't play on Cor, but this is important for the TLP community. I can't imagine being so close to Live and then not getting to stick the landing, so to speak.
  9. FIsh Lips Augur

This is an interesting precedent to set. What I take from this is that no one should ever play on a TLP if they want to do anything but the classic to PoP run. In fact playing on a standard ruleset TLP at all is probably poor judgement as they already have more carnys than marks. You will endure year after year of cannibalization from new servers, then finally get rail-roaded to a low pop live server several expansions behind and effectively useless.
  10. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

That is not what I took from that at all. The population on Coirnav is not healthy. It's a plus that they were willing to engage with us when they did not have to. This is unlikely to affect healthy TLPs.
    Yinla likes this.
  11. FIsh Lips Augur

Thank you Mr. Smithers, I recognize that Mr. Burns could release the dogs on the homeless any time he wishes, and it was benevolent of him to give them the night off.

Their finances are their problem. If inconveniencing us is the solution, they should mitigate that. They will not even turn off truebox. That is just mean spirited. Good luck finding a healthy, normal ruleset TLP.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Many of the TLP servers have made it all the way to live before needing to be merged, just didn't work out in this case.
  13. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

14. theonepercent Augur

Removing truebox and relaxed truebox aren't even close to the same thing. Without fixing truebox to not disconnect people for hitting buttons too fast on multiple clients relaxed truebox is only good for logging in bazaar mules and alts to grab DZs.

In later eras of EQ where every almost every class has 1 button that gets spammed for 20 abilities relaxed truebox will just get you disconnected every 2 seconds. It was already a problem on Vaniki while classes only had 1 ability to spam.

Truebox is an absolute trash mechanic that needs to just go away on all servers.
    Tarvas and FIsh Lips like this.
  15. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I was not aware that the relaxed truebox was still having issues. Thank you. It makes more sense to completely remove it if that is the case come March 9th.
  16. Sunshi New Member

There is absolutely no point in rushing this schedule when neither loot or experience can follow. If it was up to me I would say Thank you but no thanks, please don't touch the original schedule. If you can still do the relaxed truebox, that could be great! If not then so be it. That is my opinion.

Eastern Coalition, the only raid guild left standing, is holding a poll right now and so far it's an overwhelming vote for the original untouched schedule (since there is no bonus loot or experience) versus 1 ... just one vote for the hastened schedule.

So i really hope that his is not yet set in stone and still open for debate, many voted for a hastened schedule with the idea of bonus loot and experience.
  17. Tweakfour17 Augur

The hastened schedule proposed by Ngreth to allow Coirnav to at least have a shot at the final few expansions never included any bonuses so voting based on a bonus expectation was destined for disappointment.
  18. Sunshi New Member

Having a shot at the final few expansions without gear and AA is also destined for disappointment.
    Yinla likes this.
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Would you rather have the last couple of expansions unlocked as part of the merger to a live server?
  20. Sunshi New Member

Rushing the expansions and/or not being able to keep up with them for loot and experience reasons, and or only doing each raid once just to "have done it" ... isn't that kind of the same ? Even if the last few unlock at the same time, we still go through the proper progression. So yes I would rather enjoy each expansion at our current Coirnav speed.