Improve VP Keying like you've improved other keys

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Name2, Jan 25, 2023.

1. Name2 Augur

We've seen a really great trend of relaxation of the keying process across a few expansions so far. The PoStorms updates to relax the farm there has been a huge success. The Luclin updates to relax the VT keying process on Mischief were a huge success. Apply these same updates to the VP keying process in Kunark by increasing the rate of ground spawns (to like 1-5 minutes), making ground spawns random drops in the zones they spawn in, making dropped key pieces zone-wide drops in the zones that they drop in (where they aren't already), and improve the drop rate from 1 per to 6 per from the NPCs that actually drop the pieces on their loot tables.
  2. Zansobar Augur

The Free Trade system ameliorates this keying issue. Let's hope this system is included in the next TLP server(s).
    Brontus likes this.
  3. Name2 Augur

The free trade system benefited people who were able to lock down rare npcs and ground spawns and allow them to print money for themselves. It was generally an improvement overall in that the pieces were tradeable and more accessible than they would have been otherwise, but a relaxed keying process would address the issue on all servers regardless of loot type and provide an alternate path beyond buying krono to acquire them.
  4. ISmellLikeInnySwamp Augur

Daybreak should improve VP's loot table first because the zone is only worth it for a few classes.
    Xhartor likes this.
  5. Name2 Augur

Kunark loot sucks in general. It's about access to the content and the fights, not about access to loot.
  6. coltongrundy Augur

No it doesn't. That makes the problem worse because people will continue to keep mobs locked down when they no longer need the key parts themselves. The thing that fixed it on mischief was the random loot, not the being tradeable.
  7. Triconx Augur

Just make it similar to VT. VP is garbage anyways. The more people to go visit and realize it the better.
  8. Bewts Augur

The solution has always been removing no drop from completed keys and give them 6 charges or make it so that anyone “keyed” could click in their entire group.

This way you cut the demand for keys down so that only one completed key is needed per “theoretical” group of 6.

It wouldn’t entirely eliminate the trashy play of people, but it would keep the “concept” of needing a key around.
  9. Triconx Augur

Or just have the mobs drop 6 pieces each. Or make each piece a chance to drop zonewide. There are plenty of solutions
  10. Court Elder

I think giving it a low percent chance to drop off any mob in the zone is the best route, outside of the quested ones.
  11. MischiefTLP Augur

Open the server with Kunark and level locked at 50, some guilds might go for VP right away but most guilds will be able to get all their ground spawns before the level cap goes up and they raid VP.
  12. Name2 Augur

I'm not sure why this requires reinventing the wheel? They've applied a successful fix for the same problem twice already, using pretty much the same method both times. This is just another spot they need to apply that same successful fix. The intent is that this is fixed going forward for all servers, not just for specific launch parameters or specific loot rules.
  13. Brontus EQ Player Activist

I think you are right. VP seems to have maybe 2 items worth getting.

I think Darkpaw should just reitemize VP and that would fix the problem.
  14. coltongrundy Augur

give raid currency for VP and let us buy the 2 items worth getting with that raid currency
  15. Brontus EQ Player Activist

All zones should be open to all players. Any and all artificial restrictions should be removed. It's time for EQ to evolve and for the developers to evolve with it.
  16. Trevalon Augur

All future servers should use Mischief's keying strategy.

It was easy, quick, but still required you to at least do it. I felt it was a good balance between making you do something and not being frustrated about doing it.
  17. Shakara Augur

I used to care about getting into VP but then I went to VP and realized that there is no point other than achievements so until they put loot in that zone that I care about getting into VP in the last 2 week of the xpac seems just fine to me.
  18. Name2 Augur

I've been in guilds where like half the people straight up refused to do the VP key in it's current state, and half really wanted to see the zone for the first time. Yes, there are still people coming back for their first TLP server even now. There's no reason to gate the content for people that want to experience the raids, ESPECIALLY because the loot in general isn't really worth gating in that way.
  19. Xhartor Augur

VP is a fun zone, it's good AA exp in Luclin. However the loot isn't worth all the drama over the key. Half the guilds that actually get keyed only kill 2 of the dragons in there.
  20. Name2 Augur

Not to mention the fact that Kunark is pretty lacking in the raid content department in general. Providing players with an easier path to just something to do could help with retention. The alternative for guilds is running all the other Kunark stuff in like a day and more classic raids on the other(s). This is a master chef level recipe for player burnout.