Fixed The First Pilramage..Pillars of Alaris

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Hawk777, Jun 21, 2022.

1. Xhartor Augur

This seems like it could be a serious problem on Mangler if it isn't adddressed soon.
    Xyroff-cazic. likes this.
  2. Aanuvane Augur

I was interpreting this problem as points stop working - not that they don't work from the get go. That's why each server seems to have a different path that stops updating?
  3. Mellon New Member

Spent roughly 2 hours running this in various ways last night and got stuck on 11/12 on the update, nothing would fix it, alternate routes, height, mount, etc
    Hawk777 likes this.
  4. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

+1, this will bottleneck a whole server's progression if a fix doesn't make the July update.
  5. Aathena New Member

Category: Other
    Date/Time: Tue Jul 12 11:52:24 2022

Character: Level 120 Druid (Main)
    Zone: Pillars of Alra

Description: repeat report: The First Pilgrimage in Pillars of Alra on Drinal is bugged. Forum notes show that this is a repeative bug that is temporarily cured by a dev repopping the zone. The penultimate step, Walk the Barren paths of the Pillars" will NOT update to 12 paths, and sticks at 11. I believe it is messed up in several ways (eg Arcane to Center no update usually; etc). PLEASE repop the zone as a temporary fix so I can complete this quest. It is the ONLY source of 3 port spells. I have now done this 7x and am 100% sure I am doing it correct. PLEASE see: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/the-first-pilgrimage.281974/
    Hawk777 likes this.
  6. Soar New Member

Please fix this crap, it's an obvious known bug.
  7. Nightmares Augur

Quest is Broken. Have tried now dozens of times, hours of trial and error. The quest does not update appropriately, as in updates when it wants to, even after receiving messages that it's updated it won't until one or two more update messages. As well as actually walking on the bridges are extremely finicky in that certain ones just plain won't update for the quest, or give you fail messages as soon as you step on them ( yes wearing the correct quested armors). This is with and without Mounts, Levi and no Levi ( Levi doesn't work in zone anyway), Playing as an Iksar, have illusioned to smaller races and have had shaman friend grow me as well. Have tried running and walking. Middle of path, left side, right side, wobbling each side. one of the paths won't even update until you touch the next path, and then it's a fail(the paths are far enough apart it takes a minute to walk between them.... ) This is happening on my Wizard as well ( Box account), as well as a few friends have confirmed the same issues when they had tried as well. I have run these bridges at least thirty times (no joke, no exaggeration). I have checked on the different websites for clues and help with this and everyone seems to point that they just randomly glitch out completely. How am I going to get my Wizard his Portal spells when this mission it the only way to get them???
    As an update, running through again. the Bridges leading to the Light tower seem to be completely glitched. when you step on them you don't get the system message of "Soft Whispers echo from the Stone Tablet" until you are already at other side, and when you step on the next bridge, you get the fail message for the previous one. Likewise just traveling from Light to Arcane, I got 2 update messages on that bridge. one in the middle of the bridge and one at the end. It's obvious that something is off with the markers for that quest in the system for updates.
    Another update. Going from Center to Earth/Nature tower. When stepping on Bridge I get the "Soft whispers echo from the Stone Tablet..." message, but Do not get it once completing the bridge, no update. Also, upon reaching the next bridge receive the message in red : "The Stone Tablet tugs against your hand. You must walk the paths from end to end..." showing a failure. So these bridges are definitely missing the system marker/update protocols for the quest, and/or have the positions of said markers incorrectly placed in the zone. This quest will need to be combed through and have these glitches/bug/incidental misplaced items corrected.
    Placed a Petition. If anyone else wants to update this thread, please feel free. Just wanted this issue in multiple places as CS has ignored many things brought to their attention over the years, and we all know it.
  8. Nightmares Augur

Game Master Today at 17:36
    Greetings,

I've reported this to our QA and Development Teams for review. We kindly ask that you bear with us as they investigate this issue further, and work towards any necessary fixes.

I'm afraid I don't have an ETA on that for you at this time, but please keep an eye on the official forums (https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq) as well as the patch notes (https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?forums/game-update-notes-live.9/) for further information as it becomes available.

Additionally, the bug report section of the forums can be found here: http://www.everquest.com/bugs
    I would suggest filing a report in that section as well to further elevate awareness, as other players that may be similarly impacted can chime in and up-vote the issue. Instructions can be found here: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/how-to-report-and-upvote-bugs.260061/

I do apologize that we don't have a CS-based solution for you. If a bug is detected, we hope to see it corrected at the development level as soon as humanly possible.

If you have any other in-game issues we can assist you with in the meantime, please feel free to submit another petition at your convenience.

How do I report a bug in EverQuest?
    Regards,
    GM (removed name myself for privacy and respect)
    Daybreak Game Company, LLC
    Hawk777 likes this.
  9. Aanuvane Augur

I was finally able to complete this quest tonight on Povar after the server downtime.
  10. Mikana Augur

Don't know if this is server-specific, or something else - I completed this quest on AB last week, with no issues.
  11. Hawk777 Dizze

Confirmed- Fixed on Drinal. I completed it today 7/21/22 TY
  12. bcbskids New Member

Seems to be broken again on Povar, tried it again today and yesterday before finding this thread.
  13. Hegsheoshed Augur

I don't see it mentioned as being fixed in the patch notes. I did it on December 6th and had no issues so who knows if it was fixed or not, we may never know. I did notice that when the paths change color in the middle you have less issues if you are wearing the item for the path you started on. Which is easy to do if you start the first part wearing both by the time you get to the middle but you can still just stop if you are paying attention to the triggered messages and put on the one you need even if you are at the mid point while crossing.
  14. StrokeDaddy2 New Member

I followed a guide exactly of how someone completed it, yet I can only get to 7/12 on the part "Walk the broken paths". When I go across certain bridges I get 'The stone tugs at your hand. You must walk the bridge from end to end..."

But I am. I keep trying several times and it doesn't work. I've read on comments on zham about the quest that people have the same issue. Are you just going to brush this away and not resolve it for me?
  15. niente Developer

16. Hegsheoshed Augur

The paths change in the middle where you see the color change. At that point you need to stop and change the items until you see the correct message.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  17. Zintar New Member

This is broke for me on The Rathe server, same thing I get to 11/12 and can not complete the quest.
  18. Hegsheoshed Augur

You have to change what you are wearing at the midpoint on the paths when you get the messages in red. It's ok you won't slide off sideways off the path. Just a little backwards and forwards at the spot and it will show the message in yellow. The main path from the central floating island to each of the others is a solid color but then you travel from outer island to another out island and the color changes midway. The central island has 4 mounds which indicate the color for the main path and island for which specific Order is in that direction.
  19. Ankarv Harbinger of Nightmares

I did this last week on patch day and it worked fine
  20. Khilarril New Member

This bug is still causing issues, On Bristlebane have not even been able to get this quest granted to me standing at the top of the stairs. Have been trying to get this quest for 3 days now.