Solve this mystery ... Lost little girl

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fading Illusion, Jan 22, 2023.

1. Fading Illusion Augur

Hello Norrathians!

I need a little help. After an amazing interview with one of the original artists of EverQuest and EverQuest 2 for The EverQuest Show, he told an interesting story.

Audio was needed for a zone in the game (Unsure if EQ or EQ2) but there was a little girl that was lost.

He had his own daughter record the audio...something along the lines of "Help me, I'm lost" etc....they added some spooky echo-y effects, but I can't think of where this may have been used (It may not have been used at all?)

Any thoughts or ideas?

My initial thoughts are Plane of Mischief (there's an echo-y cackle in the background), but that's not really the same.

Would love to solve this mystery so I can tell the story on an episode.

Thanks!
    Fading
  2. Svann2 The Magnificent

I want to say it was a ghost girl that didnt know she was dead, but idk.
  3. Nniki Augur

First thing that comes to mind is Serra in Unrest, but I don't think there's any special audio there.

Serra says, 'H... h... hello? Can you help me? I lost [something] and I need it so I can go back home.'
    You say, 'something'
    Serra says, 'I never got my doll for my birthday. Before he could bring it to me I was h... hurt by the bad man. I cannot leave without my doll. Will you please help me?'

[IMG]
    Ozon, Nennius and Svann2 like this.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Well there is find daughter Lucie and this seems familiar from back when I was a young ranger having to go in the auqaducts and hearing the child cry.

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=456

And Brohan Ironforge lost daughter but I think this was taken out cause all I could find is this
    https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/old...han-ironforge-s-lost-daughter-t573.html#p2483

Lost lumpling has some singing in the background during the quest about his lost granddaugher
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=4443

And there might be another involving a drunk in one of the Faydarks
  5. Schadenfreude Augur

Kialya and Rijacki like this.
  6. Sissruukk Rogue One

Schadenfreude likes this.
  7. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

This is possibly from EQ2 - Unrest.
    Rijacki likes this.
  8. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

My thoughts exactly. Creepy zone. Lots of sound cues in specific areas. The castle in EQ2's Nek Forest, too, Nektropos Castle, is another one like that.

If it was at launch, it would have been Nektropos Castle. Unrest was add in the Faydwer expansion a few years later.
  9. Iven Antonius Bayle

All ghosts in classic and TRoK do emit the same sound sample which
    is hidden in a container file. Mobs like Torklar Battlemaster (Unrest),
    Echo of Nortlav (The Hole), spectral keeper (Trakanon's Teeth).
    With some fantasy it can be interpreted as "Help me, I'm (lost)".

Sound files from CotF and newer expansion do have a better audio quality.
    This one does emit "Help me": se2_cst.wav.
    I don't know from which mob that is. Maybe a ghost from HoT.
  10. Paladin Augur

Well -- if it is a sound... then the sound file is in your EQ or EQII folder. Might just have to Play add them all to a Play List to find it?
  11. Fading Illusion Augur

Thanks for the input everyone!

I think it may have been Nektropos Castle, but I'm still trying to dig deeper into this to get an answer.
    If I find the answer, I'll be sure to pass it along!

Fading
    Rijacki likes this.
  12. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Not sure but ' illsalin.mp3 " sounds wicked.
    Help me.... help me....
  13. Iven Antonius Bayle

It has spooky echo effects so that might be it. It would help if Fading could reveal more about the time frame.
    Veteran_BetaTester likes this.
  14. Loup Garou De loop de loop

Hmm, If I were the original artist I think that would have been something I would have shared and/or remembered that I had used my own daughter's voice in a world wide game.

Like a piece of family history...yes, Wendy you have red hair in pigtails so I thought you would make a great mascot for my hamburgers