Customizable Titles

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ranger Rallem, Jan 21, 2023.

1. Ranger Rallem Ranger Extraordinaire

Daybreak has some great titles in their marketplace, but they ought to also put in a spot for customizable titles for before and after someone's name. They would obviously cost more, and have to pass through a filter, but I bet many of them would be funny, nostalgic, and poignant.
    Iven likes this.
  2. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Too many words to filter.

"The Butt Sniffer" is an example

(ranger or druid in wolf form)
  3. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Hard enough to filter names and pet/merc names. Self-created titles would make it worse.
  4. Ranger Rallem Ranger Extraordinaire

Words could be filtered, but also phrases.
  5. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

Make it stupid expensive and require approval from either a guide/customer service person. people will still buy it and adore it even if it isnt instant.
    Kaenneth and Nennius like this.
  6. Act of Valor The Newest Member

No thanks. Special titles would become meaningless if you could just use whatever title you wanted. It would get old seeing ways people circumvent the profanity/offensive word filter already.
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

It would just get abused.
  8. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

It's those who are "creative" in their attempts to get around filtering and not that they can't filter.
    Elyssanda and Paladin like this.
  9. TheRealMuramx Elder

Nope. I have seen a lot of the names people use now to get around the word filter, this would just add to that. 2ndly I could see a lot of stupid titles like "Bob the Willy Nilly" and "Sally the Super Squid."

I think the problem with titles is everyone uses the same titles more or less and around 75% of the ones in game are never used.You never see "Corporal" or "The Cat Lover" cause they are lame. They need better titles, fewer titles, and the way to get them mean something.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  10. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

I agree on both your points.

My bard is "the courier" from doing a multi-step old quest line and I don't think I have ever seen anyone else use the title. But I did the quest with her because that's part of the RP backstory I wanted for her.

There are so many titles in the game even without paying a dime on DB for them.
  11. Nennius Curmudgeon

And those of us who don't will have yet another reason to laugh. With that in mind, I am for it. :)
    Iven likes this.
  12. Sissruukk Rogue One

Names with titles are annoying long, so I run around with /showname 1. With that being said, I do use the prefix "Death Incarnate" and suffix "the Destroyer of Worlds" because I earned it.
    Celephane and Nennius like this.
  13. TheRealMuramx Elder

Lol, I love that you think they are annoying long and then yours is long

They should allow people to use the titles they earned on all characters on that account. With the exception of class specific ones. But raid titles and such.
    Retty likes this.
  14. Iven the Lunatic

Butler James the Stumbler
    Dancing Queen Craxher Den dumme of Abbalon
    Elfhunter Nennius Curmudgeon the Prankster
  15. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Just some points to consider.

#1 if you win a customizable suffix/title via guide event you cannot remove it until it wears off. Time undetermined. So you would lose your "special" custom made one as that one would overwrite it.

#2 A few of us have been unable to get the suffix reward for the anniversary quest called "the lunatic" (no matter how many times we zone on April 1) so would be then be able to make this ourselves? In other words players would be able to create already or facsimiles of existing ones.

#3 While the guide was able to award and create the special suffix after the July contests (and some others I am sure) and the GM were able to adjust the server suffix to which you wanted if you changed server but they are not able to physically add the Lunatic" so how much control do they really have?

#4 We already have the ability to make our surnames what we want so you could easily create what you want via that tag

After looking at this list, can you really say you need a customized title/suffix?
    http://www.bonzz.com/titles.htm
  16. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

A couple of my characters I would like a title that belong to another class; like my ranger would like the 'Avenger' title (and no, she's not named 'Blackk Widow' or such) that belongs to Paladins i think. Just unlocking those for a small payment would be nice.
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The best part of all these titles and title requests is that players can adjust how names show in game and set it so they don't see anything but the players name. Wonder how many have it setup to not show titles or last names and just show the basic name instead.
    Iven and Sissruukk like this.
  18. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

I show guild names so I can avoid people in particular guilds known for toxic behavior.
  19. Paladin Augur

Let's not forget that Prefixes and Suffixes (collectively called 'Titles') that are awarded by Guides... are 100% temporary. They do not go into you Title Window. Change away from a Guide awarded title and it's gone for good, even though a guide can restore it (they reportedly keep records, so they can verify same).

http://www.bonzz.com/eqguides.htm#titles
  20. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Having titles for a specific class on a character not of that class is another reason why there shouldn't be custom titles. They're marks of achievement (even if minor now) for that class.