Hybrid Random Loot TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zansobar, Jan 20, 2023.

1. Zansobar Augur

I think a great server type for the next TLP would be based on the Mishief/Thornblade ruleset with a change to a hybrid random loot system.

What is Hybrid Random Loot?

Each mob has a 100% chance to drop the loot from its normal loot table in the normal amounts. That is, a mob will get it's current loot table draw. Then there is a 50% or 75% or so to get an additional loot table draw from a random mob in its type and level range, just like is done on Mischief/Thornblade.

Why 100% chance to drop normal loot?

This is to appease those players that do not like random loot because they don't know which mob to camp to be sure they get the drops they are seeking.

Why add the extra random loot drop draw?

This is to make it impossible for people to monopolize loot and to add some element of spice to the loot drops - just like currently on Mischief/Thornblade.

Why only a 50% to 75% or so chance of random loot?

One problem with Mischief/Thornblade is the "loot pinata" effect due to the enormous bonus loot coupled with completely random loot system. Setting the random loot portion to 50% or so will effectively set the loot drops to 150% to 175% or whatnot further removing a system that made Mischief/Thornblade undesireable to some people while still allowing plentiful loot.

Couple this system with FV Free Trade rules and I believe this will be a major winner for DPG.
    Barder-mangler and Tyranthraxus like this.
  2. generic Journeyman

3. Tyranthraxus Grognard

Would have played mischief if this was the ruleset.
  4. code-zero Augur

So you want to have an excuse to monopolize particular camps? Gotcha!
  5. Barder-mangler Augur

This is a pretty logical and balanced ruleset actually, I'd play on this server. Mischief/TB were fine too but I do recall the loot pinata effect you mentioned. This is a good balance to that.
  6. Arclyte Augur

A chance at random loot sounds good, but I think it should replace the current loot table. The loot pinata of mischief felt like cheating, and my gameshark doesn't even have everquest codes.
  7. Psalmz Elder

At 100% drop rate, this server would maximize bag sales: so many fine steel, gems, ores...etc.
    But with only certain mobs dropping specific rares, some mobs would be perma-camped by the krono hounds forcing their monopolies.
  8. Court Elder

Rulesets have also been changed before because enough people complained about their decision, so anything is possible.

I would even go as far as allowing mobs only a 5-10% chance of dropping a random item not on their loot list.
  9. coltongrundy Augur

I want Mischief loot rules for raid mobs, but random loot within zone for rares. so you still have to go to Sol B for GEBs, but you don't have to get the lord djarn camp
  10. BazMule New Member

no
  11. Zansobar Augur

It doesn't mean only certain mobs are randomized, it means each time you kill a mob it has a chance of also dropping randomized loot on top of its normal loot (which will always drop). So there would be no way to monopolize drops since they would drop randomly just like the do on Mischief/Thornblade, except at a lower rate.