Cannot Reproduce The Megaladon is not spawning - VoA - Hunter of Sarith City

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Windance, Jan 20, 2023.

1. Windance Augur

I decided to go back and finish off some hunter achievements and the Megaladon seems to be broken.

According to EQ resources the Megaladon should spawn from great white sharks in the Sarith waters.

I've spent probably 30+ hrs over the last couple weeks mass killing everything in the waters and I've seen the other named there pop multiple times.

I am beginning to suspect the PH may be a single great white shark that is spawning just outside of playable area in the south east corner of the zone. You can see the shark but you can't send in pets or attack it.

Fairly low priority but it would be nice to know if I should just give up or keep trying.

Is the Megaladon a myth? Or am I having a really really bad run on the RNG ?
  2. Velisaris_MS Augur

Probably just a bad run on the RNG.

I did this one a couple of years ago, and I remember the shark taking the longest. Just keep killing every shark that pops and eventually it'll spawn, because the placeholders have placeholders. I think the actual ph'ers have the extra label underneath...Ancient Megalodon's Offspring or something like that.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I think the ph is hammerhead shark instead of great whites
  4. Windance Augur

From what I've seen the shark PH's can spawn as either a hammer head or a great white shark.

When I zoned in after the patch there were no great whites up. They were all hammer heads.
  5. Windance Augur

As with most hunter issues ... it seems that the surest way to make it spawn is to post ( complain ) about it not spawning.
    Eviara likes this.
  6. Velisaris_MS Augur

When I'm in a group trying to get a named to spawn, the two fastest ways I've seen of making it spawn are:

1. Complaining with lots of obscenities
    2. Someone has to call it a night and leaves the group
  7. TrueNorth Developer

The Megaladon is shy, but he can be found lurking in the depths...eventually.
    Thunderkiks and Windance like this.
  8. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Probably not killing the right mobs there are hammerhead and will actually say ancient megalodon's offspring on it. If its the right hammerhead or great white ph it would say that.

[IMG]
  9. Windance Augur

FYI - I was killing everything in the water that I could get to. There were 1 or 2 spawns that were outside of the zone geometry. I think the kraken spawned 10x+ times while I was clearing the waters.

Rare is an understatement.
  10. Windance Augur

Thank you for taking the time to respond.