Guild Tradeskill Depot & Guild Hall Librarian?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bobokin, Jan 19, 2023.

1. Bobokin Augur

From the Road Map:

2023: "Guild Tradeskill Depot"

This has been asked for, so I hope it makes it into the game, but prior to that, a Guild Librarian was asked for which would be like a guild banker but would only allow scrolls.

Please consider doing both at the same time.
    Yinla and Rijacki like this.
  2. Warpeace Augur

If we get the guild Depot there is no need for the Librarian.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  3. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

I think it would be great to have Guild Depots specific for various things like scrolls and collectibles to allow an easier way to share those items with guildmates (or newly created alts).

Howso? A Librarian or scroll depot would be for spells or spell making items (those tradable on your server) which is an entirely different set of items. SOME spell scrolls might be able to be put in the tradeskill depot if they can be used in tradeskills and are stackable, but that is a very limited number of them.

Frankly, the guildbank inventory space needs to be increased. It's not very usable as is. Yes, you can set up multiple alt houses and store stuff in those and have those set to guild access to take items, but is that really the intended use for housing in EQ? Plus, the number of non-placeable items in even the house with the most space is still limited. The purchasable extra-storage for houses is for placables and a lot of the stuff you might want to be shareable to guildmates (especially to newly created alts as they're leveling) is not placable so can't use that storage.
    Bobokin likes this.
  4. Bobokin Augur

What is your logic for that statement?
  5. Marton Augur

It would be cool to have An Antiquarian in our guild halls where we could store collectibles for guild mates, alts, returning players. Housing can be used for this but it's unwieldy to do it that way.
    Rijacki likes this.
  6. Sebbina Augur

There is no way that some grimy kid is going to put his or her peanut butter and jam fingers on my Priceless Manuscripts, and I have not even mentioned that group of guild drunks and the mess they make with empty bottles strewn around the Guild Hall.
    adetia likes this.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

You forgot the fleas from the kitties and other animals that keep getting in the Guild Hall!
  8. Windance Augur

The one I'd ask for is a " guild explorer " that manages all the collects for a guild.
    Yinla likes this.
  9. Bobokin Augur

I have requested a guild librarian for years. It would be both practical, and would enhance roleplay for guilds that have libraries.

It was in that previous thread that others mentioned a tradeskill item repository. That is fine, but a librarian should not be ignored in my opinion.
    Rijacki likes this.