Why is Coirnav getting merged before hitting Live?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by SteamFox, Jan 11, 2023.

1. Poppinfresh Elder

That's what I was going for, a little give and take. As much as I would love to see Ngreth's proposed schedule plus </truebox>, I think that's asking too much. I want Coirnavers to at least finish ToL before the merge, however you guys get there.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That schedule would allow them to have a chance to finish all the expansions before the merge and give them more time in NoS before it happens.
  3. Triconx Augur

What is that threshold give or take? Kind of curious
    Skribbs likes this.
  4. Labzeh Lorekeeper

My main concern with fast tracking is player exhaustion, essentially being thrown into a selo's style server. We would require things like exp bonus, and additional loot - Not in the sense of I want free stuff. But just to be less concerned about that stuff and being able to focus more on the play experience and working through the content. I would also request for truebox to be removed.
    Wyre Wintermute and Skribbs like this.
  5. Skribbs The Snek

I dont mind the new server timeline, but can we remove truebox at this point please. It would allow us to see the last few expacs before live. I have 4 accounts on Coirnav. 3 active, one on standby due to lack of PC, need it for tank for future raid/group content... since it TBL practically requires it.
    Wyre Wintermute likes this.
  6. Skribbs The Snek

Please, remove truebox to assist with accelerated timeline.
  7. Skribbs The Snek

Ngreth, I think its doable, but perhaps removing truebox an assist with helping us (last and probably only guild I know of on this server) to finish out content until live?
  8. generic Journeyman

"Ngreth, I think it's doable, but maybe gettin' rid of truebox might help us (last and probably only squad I know 'round here) finish out that content before the real people come."
  9. Hdizzle Augur

As a rule, Truebox should be killed when Omens of War unlocks on all servers.

Its not 2016 anymore (or whenever phinny came out ((damn I'm old Lol)). If players are going to stay on the server post lvl 70, it has literally nothing to do with truebox. Make it enjoyable for people to box lvl 70+ content.

I've been a staunch truebox hater since its inception. I applaud you maniacs who play on truebox servers.

Devs - Give 'em a break and kill the dumb truebox thing. It would be the player friendly thing to do.
    Wyre Wintermute and Ileasa like this.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

In addition to the schedule, remove true box, double loot and exp.

ToV is where we get less exp for killing mobs, shortening the schedule will require a bit of extra help in leveling and gearing than other servers.

If anything can be done to help speed up the Rallos Zek earring and other evolving items that would be appreciated also.
  11. Skribbs The Snek

Real people or not, im still having my box squad. Just like every other server. I already snooped on Vox, its full of boxes as well.
  12. neworldoz Arawn the Bard

If the excelerated expansion drop is thr only fix that is willing to happen then so be it. It's gonna be a hell of a 4 months for us and kakashii raid leading but so be it.

Me personally I started day one on coirnav and told myself I'll play till live. I have a ton of hours invested in my characters and refuse to hop to a new server so im here till its dead. ( im currently raiding with EC on coirnav, i wake up at 5 am sundays to raid.... read that again FIVE. A.M... indont wake up that early for work.... then tue and thurs its 6 am... and im dealing with getting kids rdy and myself rdy for work at 7 am, raid isnt over till 8... so those days are super hectic for me..... and we have other people with even more hectic raid times then me.... idk who would wake up at 2 am to raid, but people do it... So seeing us be thrown into live a few expansions early is like a big F. U.

But if we do the excelerated launch, I think removing truebox (doesn't affect me I only have one box on a diff laptop) and doing excelerated xp and double raid drops would suffice. If u are gonna excelerate launch dates then we gotta be able to keep up loot and xp wise with those launch dates.
  13. neworldoz Arawn the Bard

In all honesty we should of been server merged awhile back when all we had was EC and TFC as the last two guilds standing. But we don't have a gm who gets on the server and talks with the people and helps with issues and acts like the God they are like they used to back I'm the day.

I miss the days when the GMs used to hang out with us everyday folk.
  14. DashenSlashen New Member

First, I'd like to thank the devs for listening to us and considering any changes to our server. Everyone on Cornaiv really appreciates it. We all understand numbers from a corporate perspective and get the fact that this is a business decision. However, even though gross population numbers don't reflect it, Cornaiv is extremely successful. Cornaiv is a Microcosm of what Aradune's (Brad McQuaid- may he RIP) vision was for the game. We have a team of highly skilled raiders, casual players (whom may I add are just as important as our raiders) and contribute a ton. Everyone left is such a vital part of Cornaiv's community who hail from all walks of life and parts of the world, literally! Cornaiv is global and extremely successful because the remaining players are extremely dedicated to one another and share the common goal of seeing this thing to live. That is the basis of our mission. We are basically a small family at this point. You just heard a snippet of Arawn the Bard's story who posted above. You will get a similar story from everyone. All I say is, please keep this in mind when finalizing decisions. I know there isn't going to be a one size fits all answer, but anything to keep us fresh and ready for live is what we want. We just want to see this through. Thank you!
  15. SteamFox Augur

Ngreth, thank you for listening. While I understand that the decision to merge early is a financial one I truly appreciate the willingness from you and your team to meet us halfway / provide a path to complete the journey in the new timeframe. While no solution will work perfectly for everyone, and there is still alot of discussions and debates happening in guild, moving from a 8/12 week schedule to a 4/6 week schedule will allow us to play through every expansion before the merge window, however a 50% decrease in time spent in expansion will also put additional stresses on the player's AA, gear, etc. Are we able to include bonus xp and bonus loot to balance out the process?
    Tarvas likes this.
  16. Bewts Augur

Appreciate the willingness to find an agreeable path forward.

While I have no skin in this particular concern, I would propose that to offset the accelerated unlock periods there should be something to balance the time investment required under a condensed schedule. I propose some sort of modified XP rate, additional drops, and/or reduced lockouts to facilitate the completion of content through the remaining expansions.
  17. Bewts Augur

Separately, Agnarr could use an influx of accounts (also likely facing population challenges driving merge decisions).

Is there any plan to offer a transfer from current or future TLP to Agnarr as they unlock PoP?
  18. Oberan Elder

Your lucky your getting such attention from the devs.. On phinigel we had to wait almost a year and a half AFTER we hit live to get merged even though we were live well before the merge window..

Most people had to pay to transfer off because they refused to even comment on our predicament. Trust me, your population will drop off rapidly at the point where you have to buy expansions....
    Yinla likes this.
  19. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I wish we had Phinigel's problem. Unfortunately, we are not going to get it.
  20. FranktheBank Augur

Please dont spread misinformation.