Feature Request: Bulk Overseer Agent Conversion.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Souliwarr, Jan 18, 2023.

1. Souliwarr Apprentice

[Carried over from Discord Community]

It would be nice to have a way to convert all of our Overseer agents at once. Right now, you need to convert agents 3 at a time over and over again until you have converted all of your agents. There would also need to be some sort of control over what agents to keep. For us collectors/hoarders, we would probably want to set the defaults to "keep 1 of each agent" or "convert duplicates" as an example.

An additional request would be to make agent echoes tradable so that people could retire duplicates and trade them with or sell them to other players. Saw someone mentioning this idea in general chat and it sounded pretty cool since I have tons of duplicate agents.
    Veltio, Vumad, Aldryn and 13 others like this.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The new auto fill option helps but a bulk convert of duplicate agents would still be helpful.
    Silvena and Andarriel like this.
  3. Bernel Augur

An auto convert feature would be a nice to have, but it's a critical need for some people who have 1000's of agents. When someone has lots of agents, Overseer gets so laggy that even trying to do a single convert takes minutes.

If this feature would have a chance of being implemented, it would likely need to be as simple and low-effort as possible. There doesn't seem to be a lot of extra dev cycles to make fancy upgrades. If the community can set their expectations appropriately, there's a chance that something simple could be done. So perhaps it might be just a de-duplicate function, where all the dups are automatically converted and you don't have control over how it's done. If you have more than 1 of an agent, it will be added to the convert operation until there aren't enough dups to run converts anymore. If you want a more specialized convert, you'd have to do the converts yourself.

I don't know if they would want to make the echoes tradable since they sell agents in the cash shop. They want you to buy agents from them rather than trade them with other players. But perhaps they could add additional rewards for using the echos. Right now echoes give Overseer quest XP or more agents, but those are useless to someone who has maxed Overseer. Perhaps they could also give rewards like AA's, normal XP, Overseer currency, etc. That way people who have max Overseer would be able to use their echos for something useful.
    Bobokin and Aenvar like this.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Am I the only one that got the auto fill for conversions?

While its not all of it at once its a sure sight better than the old way of clicking/selecting 3 agents.

OIS - I am happy with the free french fries but everyone else wants the steak to be free:D
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  5. Velisaris_MS Augur

That will help, but as was pointed out, when you have thousands of agents (because there's literally NO WAY to stop gaining them), that's still going to be a hell of a lot of clicking.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yep, getting caught up right now. I had thousands and am already almost done! I think its great.
  7. Wdor Thief, Assassin, Purveyor of Fine Poisons

Having to convert a backlog of hundreds of agents once, was enough to get me to spend the very few minutes after each OS session to quickly convert what was available, from then on. Cured me of my laziness in at least one aspect of the game, hehe. Simple fix for something that was/is a self made problem.

This comment is not directed at you, or anyone else specifically. This just seemed like an appropriate place to post it.
    Aanuvane and Aenvar like this.
  8. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

I was keeping up on the agent conversion to have no more than 3 or 4 of common at the most until the achievements were added and a tonne of common agents were added with the achievement completion. I don't often have time to do conversions every time I do OS and that massive dump of agents happened at when I had even more limited time (i.e. minimal OS time only most days, no additional gaming time).

Using auto-fill on the conversion is fewer clicks but significantly longer time per conversion. HUGE long pause when you click the auto-fill, another long pause when you click the begin task, and then, after 10s, another long pause after clicking complete. But it is fewer clicks and a lot more mindless.
    Wdor and Silvena like this.
  9. Wdor Thief, Assassin, Purveyor of Fine Poisons

I forgot about the huge dump from the achievements. I had let several 1000 pile up just prior to that, and haven't redeemed the achievement freebies yet because I have at least three of all agents already, and am waiting until some new ones become available in the future, that I may hopefully get by converting and retiring then. I also have everything else maxed.

I apologize if I sounded critical of you or anyone else. That was not my intention at all.
  10. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I am curious how the auto-fill for conversion picks agents. I usually keep 7 of each agent except for iconic ones, of which I only want to keep 1 (since you can't have two on a quest at once).

The only issue is that with Uncommon Conversion, I have to go in and make a list of all iconic ones that have more than one and then convert them, since I have found no other way to separate the iconic from the non-iconic. If there is/was a way to separate the iconic while doing conversion, I would be very happy.
    Hegsheoshed likes this.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It just picks it based on the auto sorting list and picks the ones at the top.
    Rijacki likes this.
  12. Bobokin Augur

They could add a couple quests to commons and uncommons that use nine agents to get three of the next level. It would be much quicker that way. With autofill, even better.
  13. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Other than no marker on the iconic Common/Uncommon agents, you can auto-fill and then unselect the agent you don't want it send. That would be a PITA, though, for conversion because you would eventually get to a point where auto-fill would be selecting only the ones you want to keep.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Silvena like this.
  14. Moege Augur

Took me 2 and 1/2 hours had something 850(ish) agents converted to uncommon net result going into the trash can (dragons hoard) is 137 echo's
  15. Moege Augur

/faints
    7 of each
    /faints
    I keep 2 of common/uncommon 1 of rare/elite even then my overseer lags, cannot imagine with 7
  16. Accendo Guest

This is on the Devs' radar for future improvement. Thank you for posting the feedback!
    Bobokin, Jhenna_BB, Paladin and 14 others like this.
  17. Vumad Cape Wearer

Thank you.

Can we have quests have an icon or a letter for mission types, so we can more easily see what is research, harvest, etc without having to click through them.
  18. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Need to limit agents to max of 9 of each type at a maximum too, considering many agents results in lag in the process.
    Jondalar likes this.
  19. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

What would you do as a reward instead when an agent is maxed?
  20. Vumad Cape Wearer

Probably the same thing as when your XP or AA bars get maxed.
    Jondalar likes this.