Heritage Crates, will we see older ones again for sale?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Deathly, Jan 18, 2023.

1. Deathly Elder

I would like the chance to buy the older Heritage Crates. I seem to be missing a few items you can't get anymore. Will this ever be a possibility?
    Wulfhere and Bobokin like this.
  2. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

You're probably seeking an answer from an employee but I believe they brought all heritage crates back for Christmas in 2018.

We only have High Elf and maybe Vah Shir, Guktan, and Drakkin crates left. So past heritage crates my be in a rotation soon.

I've suggested that they make crates based on the 4 Jann races (Efreeti, Ondine, Djinn, Duende) if they want to extend the offerings.
  3. Zeelot Elder

The older crates also don't have some of the perks that the recent ones have like familiars also giving pet illusions, and unique achievement items for collecting a set of paintings/familiars. Perhaps they will update some of the old ones and re-release them someday so they are similar to the recent ones.
    TsiawdMS, Wyre Wintermute and Bobokin like this.
  4. Bobokin Augur

Daybreak could do a lot more to make money on Black Friday and other holidays, but they do not for some reason. Then they nickel and dime players for perks.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Make more money how?
  6. Bobokin Augur

Wouldn't it be great if Everquest was updated some day to look close to that?

A more powerful 3d engine and better player graphics with more face/hair/body choices.

Animations for different weapons and spell attacks.

Better housing and guild halls.

Are we ever going to get that, or is Everquest going to be locked into 2003?
  7. Bobokin Augur

How do other companies make more money on Black Friday?

Better sales and unique merchandise.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It is really easy to say they could make more money, but suggesting ideas that would actually make them money is different. It isn't exactly free to make more unique merchandise and just putting more things on sale doesn't mean it will be profitable.
  9. robber baron Journeyman

The heritage crates probably sell way better than LoN crates because of how rare they are.

That said, limit the gambling aspect by selling individual teleports for $25 each and illusion and mount for $100+.
    Kaenneth likes this.
  10. FYAD Augur

They'll never do that for EQ1. If they could ever pull it off, they would just make a whole new game and call it Everquest Ne... EQ3. They're porting the current 3d engine to be DX11 compatible, but that doesn't mean they'll spend any time to create new high res textures and new models with all the animation work that that would entail.
  11. Spliskin Journeyman

I just want a new heritage crate to be offered as my All-Access Account monthly reward. Currently there are no heritage crates available as the Erudite crate expired last night.
  12. tsiawdroi TittyGOAT

Imagine if they did a bundle of all crate illusions... Wonder what people would pay for such a bundle?
  13. robber baron Journeyman

Since each heritage illusion is currently being sold for 3-5 Krono ($50 for a conservative estimate) and there are 16 racial illusions, a complete bundle ($50 x 16) could net $800 or more.
  14. tsiawdroi TittyGOAT

I put together just that one random idea. But point is, some people took a break, other people came back after a long hiatus, some are new to playing in the last year or so, etc. I'm sure the brain trust in the sales/marketing department could put together something.