A mysterious presence in PoK..

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Greymantle, Jan 18, 2023.

1. Greymantle Augur

This NPC now sells older raid currency @ 700 coin per. How about you let him PURCHASE the old raid currency in exchange for overseer coins. Even discounted 50% of what they cost to buy would be a huge deal. For some expansions i have a lot of the raid currency, with no real use for it as i am 120 now and raiding current content. But i could love to be able to purchase more items from him.
    Wdor and Wyre Wintermute like this.
  2. Deathly Elder

Which older "Raid" currency? I only seen older group currency. Maybe I am missing something.
    Fenthen, Rijacki, minimind and 2 others like this.
  3. Flatchy Court Jester

Old Man Mckenzie beers?
  4. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

It is only group currency that he sells, I think OP just missed that.. but they do have a valid point of adding a sell option.

I also wish that retiring agents from overseer had a currency option.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I use my old raid currency to buy items for tribute - some of them have a really high turn in value

oh, wait but I don't have any raid currency :D but I would if I did.
  6. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Now that there are more things to use the Overseer coin on, I think it would be very helpful to be able to retire -any- quality of agent for the Tetra-whatever. (currently only Uncommon and above can be retired for Overseer [type] XP or 2 agents of the lower quality.)

For other uses of the Tetra-coin and the group content coin, it would be nice if all alternate coins could be used for House escrow.
    Sprooce, Elyssanda and Thunderkiks like this.
  7. Tatanka Joe Schmo

My 50,000+ Marks of Valor agree :)

And that's not a brag, I know there are a lot of people with many more than that.
    Yinla, Thunderkiks and Rijacki like this.
  8. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Oh, by the way, didn't see it already mentioned here......

Power sources ;)
    Nennius likes this.
  9. Alnitak Augur

Here is some math to consider:
    Velium Power Sources can be made via tradeskills at about 12K pp per combine.
    A mysterious presense sells it for 12.5K tetradrahms, which makes it a roughly 1-to-1 exchange rate pp for drahms.
    Meanwhile, 56150 tetradrahms buy you Crystallized Luck worth 200K pp from a merchant. (about 1 to 4 exchnage rate)
    Also, for 10K drahms you can buy a piece of Alaran History (you need about 300 of those to max your Tear).
    Spend Overseer tetradrahms wisely and frugally.
    Rijacki likes this.
  10. Sobmre Augur

i think 700per old raid coin is too high, 400 seems a bit more realistic
  11. Sissruukk Rogue One

10K per Alaran tablet, oof.
    Andarriel, Fanra and Svann2 like this.
  12. Sobmre Augur

yeah its a bit much too, you can grind a tablet much faster.

some one do that math..... how long would it take grinding 10k coins in over seer ?
    Fanra likes this.
  13. Soulbanshee Augur

10k / (6 hour task 550 * 4 per day if you can time it right at the twice daily reset * 5 active tasks)

10k / (12 hour task 1000 * 2 per day * 5 active tasks)

1 tablet a day.
  14. Alnitak Augur

Doing Overseer twice daily (12 hr tasks) takes about 10-15 mins of playtime. Meanwhile in that time one can do perhaps 1 mission with a Tablet reward. So, it's kind of a "wash" time-wise.
    Meanwhile, by doing Trade/Exploration/Diplomacy tasks one can collect 2 Tablets per 3 days via tetradrachms at the same time as collecting about 8 collectibles in 3 days. (750 drachms additional reward when you select Collectibles, instead of whole 1000 if Tetradrachms only).
    On the other hand - by spending more than 15 mins one can farm many more Tablet's per day by doing other missions.
    Time vs. "money".
    Rijacki likes this.
  15. Windance Augur

Just spot checking I have 5x quests:
    L5 6hr Common = 550
    L5 6hr Uncommon = 733
    L5 12hr Uncommon = 1333
    L5 12hr Uncommon = 1333
    L5 24hr Uncommon = 2400
    ---------------------------------------
    ~6350 from these 5x quests assuming no fails or crits.

Think you could safely say ~ 10k T every 1-2 days depending on how well you keep on top of the quests.

We had a conversation last week about how long it would take to get one of the big bags from the group mission venders:

750 group coin x 700 T's = 525K T's / 10k per day = 50 to 100 days = 1x 36+ slot bag.

---------------------------------------
    I think its a good thing to add more sinks for the massive Tetradachm stockpiles.
  16. Alnitak Augur

Yeah, that is somewhat strange arrangement. EoK bag (36 slots) takes about 8 missions to earn. RoS bag (36) - 9 missions. TBL bag (40) - 8 missions. ToV bag (40), CoV bag(40), ToL bag(40) - 16 missions each.
    If you commit to do just 1 mission per day in less than 75 day (2.5 months) you can have all 6 large bags. Meanwhile via tetradrachms you can buy 1 bag in that time.

After some discussions we've concluded that those expansion coins from Overseer is more like a "top off" option when one is missing just a few coins and doesn't want to be bothered with another mission or two.
    Rijacki likes this.
  17. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Overseer is supposed to be catch up. Those currency options should give 10 currency for the 700 to be more reasonable. Or 10 for 1000 probably better.
    Andarriel and Cadira like this.
  18. Flatchy Court Jester

Hmmm i got over 3 mill tetras on one account so I should be able to completely level my Beastlords alaran tear. Hmmm dont think my fingers could take it.
  19. Koutarou Elder

275 clicks isn't THAT bad.
  20. Windance Augur

That makes my wrist/arm ache just reading about it.
    Sissruukk likes this.