Any update on new abilities/disc/reduced timers:

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by tsiawdroi, Jan 18, 2023.

1. tsiawdroi TittyGOAT

Is there any word on when some of the stuff referenced in beta as post launch will be introduced into the game? (If it was posted somewhere else I apologize for asking again but I did not see it anywhere) Specifically, tuning pass on reaver's bargain, the implementation of paladin's version of RB, reduced cool down on mangling, etc. As much as I appreciate soy sauce being marked as tradable now, I am hopeful that the abilities/discs mentioned on the beta forums find its way into the game!

On a separate note, I noticed that class balance was not listed in the 2023 roadmap. Do you think its possible to have a round table discussion with the aa/spell devs for each class with feedback from players well in advance before beta. Perhaps start the dialogue process as soon as possible to give ample time to make meaningful changes. As it seems it is too late in the game to really take any feedback in beta and implement any major changes. With that said, ample data can be provided from this expansions content to highlight prospective needs and changes for class balance. By doing so would then actually allow the period of beta to test and give feedback hopefully resulting in the proper adjustments. Rather than implementing something and then having to nerf or make significant changes after it goes live.
    Duder likes this.
  2. Cadira Augur

Sadly, 95% of the players are too clueless to know what a class needs/already has and would drown out any meaningful discussion in a roundtable. The devs would have to hand pick credible people from each class to personally have the discussion with.

They're probably too lazy to do that tho.
    Duder likes this.
  3. Warpeace Augur

I miss the player / Dev interaction before Beta dealing with class want / needs.

A lot of being told no, a few will see and an occasional I can do that's.
  4. Evilness Gnome warriors are the best warriors

If you believed them about that stuff, you got played.
  5. Tucoh Augur

My presumption is that all the devs who do spells (Aristo) and AAs (Ganzito) have moved onto developing other games and will come back to EQ in Octoberish to run their +1 scripts and fix whatever breaks until as part of the yearly release cycle.

If I can be hopeful, they should be using their Community Resource Council to advise on achievable changes throughout the year and implementing them in the summertime after all the raids are released and beaten.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It has been just over a month since the expansion was released and a chuck of that time was the holidays with people taking time off. I am guessing a chunk of the development time that they have had has been fixing issues that have popped up post launch and they have not yet had time to look at new things.
  7. Zolav Augur

Now I can only speak for zerkers here.. BUT I was told specifically that the changes/help to zerkers would be in the early Jan patch..

NOW THERE IS NO mention of any changes anywhere, my messages to the Dev who told me this have gone unanswered.. very very disappointing to once again hear the developers of this game say one thing then do another.

All I have seen is some random general statement FOR THE SECOND YEAR IN A ROW MIND YOU of "class balance"
    Cadira likes this.
  8. Zolav Augur

I am also tired of people making excuses for the developers.. holidays... have to wait to fix lag... I can go on and on. The ones who do make these excuses for the devs play the strongest classes in the game or.. most likely don't even play anymore.
  9. Tucoh Augur

The EQ meta in 2023 is to switch to the current flavor of the month class, because it might end up being flavor of the decade. Rogue, berserker, mage, it's all the same thing basically!
  10. Zolav Augur

Some REAL TALK communication would be nice with what was promised. That is all I am saying.
  11. Zunnoab Augur

Or, more likely, are reasonable people who realize developers are humans and understand new members of the dev team aren't going to understand two decades of game systems overnight.

Also real communication is nice but some players have extremely poor understanding of the game's systems and topics can be spammed out by rude if not downright cruel people. Communication is nice; let's not sour the new devs on it.

I still to this day encounter people now and then that think bard songs can spread aggro from the bard to others