NoS trade-skill visible armor component drop rate needs reviewed

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Xellen, Dec 31, 2022.

1. Xellen Lorekeeper

I have been killing bosses, in Tier 2 zones only, since 12/1 on Test. Today is 12/31 and I have two pieces of visible trade-skill armor due to the awful drop rate.

One I was given permission to loot as the party that killed the boss did not need the trade-skill component as they had raid armor from Terror of Luclin. That means in one month of killing bosses, which 90% of the time I spend in game is focused on, I earned one piece of visible trade-skill armor.

Here is the sample set:

49 Missions won, 0 visible trade-skill drops.
    39 Bosses killed, 1 visible trade-skill drop.

Over this time I have looted 21 pieces of non-visible trade-skill drops to create augs, rings, masks, charms etc.

The one thing I noticed about the single visible trade-skill drop I earned - it was the only time a boss did not drop a spell rune.

Please look into this. Maybe 88 named kills is not a large enough sample set but I am willing to bet a 1% drop was not intended.
    minimind, Fanra, Warpeace and 5 others like this.
  2. Zolav Augur

Agreed, I haven't seen a single one since launch day.

Have done at least 80 missions and killed about the same number of namers in t1 and t2 zones.
    Fenthen, minimind and Xellen like this.
  3. Windance Augur

Overall, I dislike having the no drop TS item be split up between slots. It adds complexity and requires more micro management.

I have been pretty active doing missions ( 3060 coins earned ~ 68 missions ) and just completed hunter achievement for expansion this weekend and the drop rate for the TS items are pretty sad.

I understand that the dev's want us to use their T1/T2 gear. Unfortunately, no one really wants to replace their gear multiple times. There is also the 'luck' component. In order to max out luck we need extra gear to 'fuse'.

The drops I have seen so far:

Focus of Fortitude x 3
    Focus of Heroism x 9

Arm Armor Lining x 0
    Chest Armor Lining x 3
    Foot Armor Lining x 0
    Hand Armor Lining x 1
    Helm Armor Lining x 0
    Leg Armor Lining x 1
    Wrist Armor Lining x 1

Amice Fastener x 1
    Belt Buckle x 1
    Earring Clasp x 1
    Mask Fastener x 3
    Ring Polishing Cloth x 2
    Charm Polishing Cloth x 2
    ** Cloak drop ** x 2 - rot because of evolving cloak.

Getting named to spawn even with 50% spawn rate boost is a huge time sink. It was not uncommon to spend 2hr+ to get some of the named to spawn.

Missions are much faster/easier to get ( except mean street ) and are the major source of the Fortitude/Heroism drops.

I think something needs to be tweaked:
    - drop more ?
    - tradable ?
    - npc to convert them ( which defeats the purpose of splitting them up by type )
    - other ?
    Fanra and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  4. Nightops Augur

You need to do the Under Siege Mission. The visable armor drops from that chest. I can confirm the BP, helm, gloves, feet, and wrists. I haven't seen the arms and legs yet, but likely they are in there too. I have yet to see a visable drop from SH and yet to see a non-vis from Under Siege.

ShadowHaven = non-visable
    Under Siege = visable
    Darklight = Shield, bow string, 1h weapon?
    Mean Streets = 2h weapon?, Fortitude, Heroism?

**I don't know if there is some cross-over with the Darklight and Mean Streets mission because I haven't done them enough to feel confident to know their drop tables.

** I haven't seen the arms and legs along with rings from a chest drop yet.
    Sancus and Xellen like this.
  5. Tucoh Augur

Recommend DPG distribute each T3 slot to be a common drop off specific named and several for T3 type 7 augs.
    Fenthen likes this.
  6. Rylak Elder

This goes beyond just visibles. The same itemization system in play effects non-visibles and T1 augs off T1 named (tegi contemplation sphere, jovial jharin jingle, smoldering core of radir, and kaas akuel xi temariel).

When you itemize loot to be independent of what is dropping it, yet put it into tables with many more items, you significantly reduce the chances of that specific piece dropping. Instead of people sitting on a named to get there visible pieces and a specific type 7/8 augment piece, they now need to stay on the same or a set of named for ~30 times longer than it would have taken (and that's an optimistic calculation).

I don't mean to patronize the Devs, but this is middle school math guys. Combinations, chance percentages, and the resulting time to obtain items based on current spawn/drop/item rate tables is something easily calculated. That this clearly wasn't looked at, or looked at incorrectly is frankly astonishing.

Revamp the drop rates ASAP. This is a level of pain the group players should not have to deal with. The fact you penalize them much further than raiders (raiding TS pieces will unlock on the vendor, group players don't get this option), is a whole other topic I won't derail here..
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Fenthen like this.
  7. Xellen Lorekeeper

I play solo and so far the only mission I can complete is Door. I am close to being successful on Siege but it is still just a hair out of reach. I will focus on that and see if the drop rate for visibles is better there. Thanks for the post.
  8. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Didn't get into Beta till about the end due to purchasing issues, but they were told multiple times throughout Beta that this change was a bad one.
    Fenthen, Mikana and Ssdar like this.
  9. Stymie Pendragon

I've been proven wrong more than once today, but I believe the drop rates are purposely low to prolong monthly subscriptions. In my opinion, it's quite deliberate rather than a lack of remedial math skills./shrug
    Fenthen likes this.
  10. Svann2 The Magnificent

Kind of weird how the T1 augs are harder to get than the T2 augs.
    Ssdar likes this.
  11. Xellen Lorekeeper

Got a second piece of visible trade-skill to drop today.

54 missions, 0 drops.
    44 bosses, 2 drops.

Since I am running the mission that appears to only drop non-visible trade-skill I am going to remove that from the set. The new rate is 4.5% with my data set for visible trade-skill armor drops.

I am about to wrap up the NoS T2 Hunter Achievement. It is doubtful I get another drop. I still have the T1 zones to work but it is very unlikely that after completing the NoS Hunter Achievement that I will have a full suit of visible trade-skill armor. This seems off.
  12. Fenthen aka Rath

It's been like this since CoV and ToL, when they removed T1 missions and put only T2 loot into mission chests.
  13. Mikana Augur

^ this

It's obviously a mechanism to slow down acquisition of the items, and to force replay of content.

It's also profoundly stupid, and universally unpopular.

The entire system needs to be switched back to how tradeskill gear has been done in recent expansions.
    Fenthen likes this.
  14. Warpeace Augur

Go figure they went with a system players told them we hated. /shrug

Loot tables are simply stupid after killing a rare in Firefall it had 8 items on its loot list.

4 ornaments - all rotted as I don't need them and with how often they drop pointless to loot and even try to sell!!!
    One T1 vis armor drop
    a belt
    spell
    a meat.

Largest drop I have seen at one time.

Mission chests are also a mess with all the items that simply rot. If its not a TS drop, aug, or spell it rots with my group. 3-4 ornaments per chest is a lot of overkill.
  15. Filter Augur

I have one drop from missions and none from bosses so far 61 missions and 35 bosses. Everything has rotted since the second week and all of my alts (13) have T2 armor, dropped augs, nonvisible items and ornaments. There has been 1 TS aug, 1 2hander TS aug, 2 TS mask, 1 TS belt and 1 TS shoulder.

This is drop rate is ridiculous though and at this rate I will get 1 set TS armor by August.
  16. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

There seems to be a series of decisions made to slow players down like this. After 20 years, nerfing per kill XP, nerfing nameds in instances to make people churn them over and over to gain Hunter cheese, etc.

It's engagement manipulation.
    Fenthen and Evilness like this.
  17. Evilness Gnome warriors are the best warriors

It cannot be stated enough on how much this system sucks as is.
    Fenthen and Fian like this.
  18. Cerryn Journeyman

Not intending to be snarky but "Welcome to MMOs". It's a constant balance.
    I can agree it feels carried too far, but last expansion saw a huge % of the population "Done" with that expansion in a month or three. That's not good for *any* of us.
    • As far back as ~23? years ago you had to SIT ON YOUR BUTT for 1-10 minutes until a Wizard Spire fired off to kick you to the Nexus or back. No reason except to keep you online longer.
    • Sitting for 20 minutes for a boat to arrive and take you to destination.
    • Farming uncommon named for uncommon loot.
    And all of those were when the game was far from Free Candy Easy that it is now.
  19. Necreta New Member

I would agree the drop rate used to be good at the start of the expansion as we got 2 arms and a chest the first week and haven't seen another piece drop in over a month. This seems very broken.
  20. Zarkdon Augur

The drop rate for visible gear is stupid. I have run over 122 missions and have managed to get 1 wrists, 1 arm, and a boot.