Spells randomly going off across three accounts while playing

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Leon, Jan 12, 2023.

1. Leon Journeyman

First time for reporting a bug, so I hope I am in the right area of the forum. I box 3 toons and I am having a bigtime issue of random spells automatically going off across three accounts. I have already done a petition and that did not work. I completely uninstalled the game, and after reinstalling I'm still having the same issue. Since this is an in-game issue, I am not sure how much help petitions would be.
  2. Svann2 The Magnificent

Thats weird. Can you detail more information? What spells, and are you using any 3rd party software to box with?
    Leon likes this.
  3. Leon Journeyman

Oh, and this just started happening with this last expansion. Mainly I have noticed on a regular basis port spells (always to a bind point/throne of heroes or origin), jump (movement) spells, lesson of the devoted, damn banker keeps popping up in the middle of combat. :) and maybe a few others. And absolutely no third-party software on my computer.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Do you have any of these on your hot buttons? Or on socials etc
  5. Svann2 The Magnificent

I have had an issue with ports going off but Im not sure if its your issue. On my hotbar 1 I can switch to a new hotbar by hitting shift-2, shift 3, etc. Sometimes Ill make the mistake of switching it to my ports hotbar, doing a port, but then forget to switch it back to combat. So next time I go into combat I hit 4 and instead of my melody it starts a port - because I had the wrong hotbar up.
    Eviara and Leon like this.
  6. Leon Journeyman

I have my AA's on the the spell bar that goes from 1 to 10 and I have several of the bars open. I have also moved them around to see if the problem was the bar but nope.
  7. Spacemonkey555 Augur

Do you use a software kvm switch? They use the same hook as EQ to track mouse clicks so anytime you click on second pc it will also send the click to your primary pc.
  8. Leon Journeyman

I have no clue what a kvm switch is, so the answer it no.
  9. Leon Journeyman

How do we go about getting a Developer or someone to look at this issue?
  10. Bernel Augur

The spells that are going off, are they all linked to hotbar buttons? Have any of of the spells which are just spellgems gone off? For the spells which are in hotbars, do they have keyboard shortcuts, like '1', '2', etc.? I'm wondering if this is a problem with the keyboard or mouse event queue. If it's just hotbar buttons with keyboard shortcuts, then there may be some weirdness of keys going to the wrong window. If it's standalone spell gems, then maybe mouse events are going to the wrong window.
  11. Raccoo Augur

This sounds like a personal UI issue...not a bug.

Did you totally redo your UI files when you reinstall EQ? (eqclient.ini along with UI_charactername_servername.ini and charactername_servername.ini)
    Have you opened (made visible) all 11 hotbars to see if one of the ones that is hidden has some of those spells on them?
    Mukkul and kizant like this.
  12. Svann2 The Magnificent

Could it be that you are using the same keybind for 2 different things? For instance, the default keybind for casting a spell is alt-1, alt-2, etc. If you assigned it to another hotkey it will try to do both. If a keybind is assigned more than one function it will show up red in your keybinds tab.
  13. Mukkul Augur

Yeah look in Options > Key assignments. Some key you're hitting is probably incorrectly triggering a particular spell gem or hotkey button.
  14. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

alt o / keys / all on the pulldown context menu, sort columns by keystroke, scroll for red inputs.

I utterly despise World of Warcraft and other game's way of this- you set some keystroke and there's no notice or notification that you just DEselected it from some other function. EQ is vastly superior when it comes to this.
    Tatanka likes this.
  15. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

sometimes /copylayout snags ghost buttons from the donor character.

either way alt o / keys tells all.
  16. Tegila Augur

theyre all also AAs that he listed, so maybe the /altactivate # changed and he didnt notice. I had that issue a few years ago with my old hotkeys when i returned, wasnt ports but it was the wrong stuff going off.
  17. Leon Journeyman

Thanks for pointing that out. I should have said AA not spells. What is this "Altactivate#"?
  18. Velisaris_MS Augur

Every AA you can "activate" has an id number in the description. You can use that number to make a hotkey: /altactivate #