Tank merc not engaging

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Jorge, Jan 17, 2023.

1. Jorge New Member

Category: Mercenaries
    Date/Time: Tue Jan 17 23:13:25 2023

Character: Level 116 Druid (Main)
    Zone: Guild Lobby

Description: Tank mercenary is not engaging mobs because only the puller has aggro, even though the mobs are in the middle of the group. Puller hit FD and then the mobs kill the rest of the group
  2. Hegsheoshed Augur

Mercenaries won't engage if swarm pets get first aggro.
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  3. Moak The Most High

Do many players still use tank mercs these days? I quit using them years ago when the timer to repop them was way longer than how long they survived
  4. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Gotta love the all about me crowd.

/hangs a Golden Snowflake (tm) award around your neck to the cheers of...nobody.

Lots of luck on the endorsements.
    Mukkul and CatsPaws like this.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

huh, don't have a problem with my level 120 tank staying alive. Even with the weapon bug he does fine. Did you try healing yours?
  6. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

main assist has to aggro. Puller stance specifically makes merc NOT aid the pulller or merc would rush out to intercept mobs like pet classes with no pet hold.
    Hegsheoshed likes this.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Even if my ranger trys to pull (but is not marked puller) with wolves or vicious rabbit or the beastlord pulls with a Lost Mariner - it does not matter if he is set to puller or not. The tank merc will not engage until someone "real" takes a hit or it is hit with a spell.
    Fenthen and Hegsheoshed like this.
  8. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

toggle off auto assist button, log out to desktop with a full 30 second countdown in a NON fast camp zone. Reload the character, then toggle auto assist back on.

Sometimes the game thinks a setting is A when it is B and quick camp does nothing to change that. Merc stances, group members, sometimes who owns what merc in a group are sometimes mis-saved serverside. I have left a group of 2 people and 2 mercs and had both mercs attach to one player still in group, other similar misaligned merc functionality.

Rarely I have had to dismiss and rehire mercs to fix similar issues, but generally forcing a settings reset and NOT using the fast camp zone cache helps.
    Hegsheoshed, Mukkul and Svann2 like this.