Is there an xp bug?

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Xinge, Jan 13, 2023.

1. Xinge New Member

OK so here is my issue. I run a 3 box team on FV. A 106bst, a 106 mage, and a 106 bard with all 3 using a merc. The issue im having is this . For example

Mob - 105 giant in Lceanium kill
    Bst gets 2.104 xp
    Mage gets 2.104 xp
    the Bard gets 1.052 xp.

Its the same ratio no matter what I kill. The one account get HALF the xp the other 2 does. There is no fellowship stuff going on and they are using a shared 50% xp pot gained from the claim from purchase of one of the higher end xpack options.

I'm desperate at this point to get this fixed. To the point that if i cant im just going to give up on the game and just cancel all of the accounts. Please DB or someone with more exp with this game lay out a fix. I've exhausted every thing I can think of.

a edit to this. The Bard is in melee doing dmaage to the pulls and my beastlord is pulling everything with slow. This has been an ongoing issue with this account as I had another toon on it that i used before the bard that was getting half the xp on all kills.
    Thank you.
  2. Wulfhere Augur

You are 1 level higher then the expac. Therefore Puller (first to aggro mob) gets more xp then those in camp. Puller gets full xp. Others get pro-rated xp.
  3. theonepercent Augur

If that were the case there would be a single person getting more exp not less.
    Andarriel likes this.
  4. Wulfhere Augur

Maybe. Perhaps the bard is pulling and fading in camp?
  5. Svann2 The Magnificent

Doesnt seem right, but sometimes its better to find a workaround than wait on a fix.
    Is the bard doing a no damage melody and not attacking at all?
  6. Xinge New Member

Guess you missed the part where only one is getting less xp than the other TWO.
  7. Xinge New Member

The bard is attacking the mobs. When the bst pulls into camp the bard is placed behind the mob and i turn on autoattack.
  8. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Did you use the "Recruit a friend" promo from your bard account to start the other 2 accounts? (You used to be able to check all those things, but it seems DPG wiped out that page :( )
  9. Xinge New Member

No, the bard is the younger of the three accounts.
  10. Zipe The Healer

You 100% sure the bard doesn't have fellowship XP settings turned on? Was the other char on the same acc also on the same fellowship and XP settings turned on?
  11. Windance Augur

Try pulling with the bard and see if the xp gains get flipped.
  12. Svann2 The Magnificent

Do you have a character by the same name on another server maybe? Guessing that your bard may not be receiving the FV bonus xp.
  13. Xinge New Member

Not by the same name but I do have toons on the rather on this account i believe. All different names though.
  14. Gialana Augur

This is probably something you've already checked, but I just wanted to make sure you have every character's AA experience set to 0%.
    NyteShayd likes this.
  15. Illdara New Member

All characters are at 0% AA on the slider - 0 Fellowships running - Same XP pot from a shared XP pot - All with a active sub and same "perks" - Nothing to effect anything. I even decided to see if it was just that toon that's being screwed up so I made three lvl1 toons on three accounts. Same thing happens. 2 gets full xp and the one gets half of their gains. I tried putting in a ticket and the worthless GM says well you know some classes/races get more xp than others, then i had to remind him of how this isnt a thing anymore and hasnt been for YEARS. Instead of forwarding my ticket to a more tech savy department who could look into this further. All he wanted to do was remind me of how he cant do anything with this... I've already cancelled my accounts and I'm just dicking around until they lapse.

The days of SoE or Verant stepping in and looking into issues have died, long live the DB regime and their plushie craziness!
  16. Velisaris_MS Augur

Just out of curiosity, have you tried making 3 new FTP accounts and testing it with brand new toons..no perks, no fellowship, no potions? I only ask because you mentioned your accounts had perks. I'm wondering if something isn't being calculated correctly because of that.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  17. Svann2 The Magnificent

Even when there were some xp bonus/penalties it was never anything close to 100% bonus or 50% penalty. That would be ridiculous.

When you made the 3 new L1's was it the same account that got less xp? Id try petitioning again. Sometimes you get a different GM who may know more.
  18. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

So you are also Xinge? Cause this post seems to continue from what he was saying.

And your going to or already have quit because of this? Although you were able to get over level 100. A lot of work to throw out the window. I have an account that has one character that has numerous quirks and issues that have not and can not be resolved but I did not quit over it. Just made more characters.

Ah well at least when you totally lapse the account will still be there in perpetuity to play free when you return:D

Take care.
  19. niente Developer

What are your PC names on FV? (Can send me a PM if you like)

There is an EXP penalty for playing in "old" content. It doesn't apply correctly to the first person to aggro, which is probably a bug... but it means they would also be getting the lower amount of EXP.
  20. Cardozo Journeyman

Huh. You get less exp in old zones, vs new? Is this new and i missed a patch note somewhere? Is there a list of what is "old" vs "new"?

Is this the old content thing? Is it someone marked puller / or just 1st to agro? And they get more exp, vs the people sitting at the camp spot?