Progression Server. Place your bets!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Vicus, Jan 11, 2023.

1. Triconx Augur

Don't be upset about the intelligent people taking advantage of the rerollers thinking GEBs are the pinnacle of EQ
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

This, though I would add Free Trade just for Group items & relaxed truebox until SoD unlocks.

I think all TLP servers should move to free trade randomized loot for group items myself & I was 100% against free trade of any kind to begin with.

Raid loot should not go Free Trade ever except on a new Mischief clone once Mischief reaches Live.

I'd like to see raid currencies retro-fitted to older expansions.

I'd like to see TLP multipliers for group currencies - LDoN points. DoN Crystals etc.
    No objection to live servers getting multipliers for aged content either.
  3. Triconx Augur

Yeah I'm not normally a FT guy but FT group stuff is good.

As long as the currency in older raids isn't insane like live. I'm talking 1-2 items gained per expansion for those seemingly out of reach or chase items people have on their own bucket list.

Anything to alleviate the hellish grind of LDON augs
    Skuz likes this.
  4. Ownanat Journeyman

And why do people re-roll? Because they hate classic so lets start over again on classic? And why r GEBs the pinnacle for these re-rollers? Maybe because they don't plan on playing the other expansions that are so popular nobodies playing them?
    frenchmanzz likes this.
  5. Triconx Augur

Yelinak proved the re-rollers aren't a majority. Lowest population standard TLP ever. As I said, there are many people, including live players and other TLP server players, who quickly level on new TLPs to corner the market of the easy target re-rollers who have more money than brains. Truth hurts and you most likely fall into that category.

Is that why basically every single live server hits high population according to EQR during prime hours with multiple being 24/7 as high? All of which embarass Yelinak's population during the Trilogy? Yelinak's population is better now during POP than it was during Classic-Luclin. If that doesn't prove people are sick of classic, nothing will prove it for you. Now go back to your pixelated brown walls of Lguk and enjoy killing undead frogs mindlessly for the 6th year in a row.

And by the way, it is "nobody is" not nobodies. Totally different meaning.
    SoandsoForumUser likes this.
  6. Ownanat Journeyman

Whoa people play live who don't play TLP? Amazing. Almost like the people who play live enjoy the current expansions, and the re-rollers that disappear in the later expansions enjoy the earlier expansions. Crazy!!! Almost like thats what TLP's are for!

If u want servers that start in the middle of whatever expansion, fine that's great, but that's sounds more like an event server, or a server that you launch along side a TLP server.

Yes Yelinak sucked, I quit after a few weeks. Mischief spoiled players myself included. Random loot and or Free trade is a must going forward.
  7. Triconx Augur

You realize this is nothing but senseless drivel, correct? You said nobody plays later expansions. It's quite obvious you were wrong. Own up to it (see what I did there?).
    So you agree people don't want the "classic" experience. Got it.
  8. frenchmanzz New Member

Triconx sounds salty. nobody who playz a tlp server likes the later expansions well at lest not a significant # as u think. yes adding stuff 2 classic expansion like free trade isnt classic experience rofl u sound mad
  9. coltongrundy Augur

What is a 51/50 server?
  10. Spacemonkey555 Augur

Mayong, level 51 with 50 aa at start
  11. Xhartor Augur

Yelinak definitely felt a step in that direction. Lower population then previous TLP's. Krono prices are generally higher and thing like PLing prices were higher then other TLP's in those eras.

I checked a month or so a ago and Yelinak Krono price was around the same price as Aradune, despite the fact that you can earn plat about 40x times faster on Aradune...
  12. MadCaddie New Member

I'd love to see a server where they remove flagging requirements from zones/raids and instead of no-drop items, have attunable items
  13. Vlahkmaak Augur

Starting on it automatically commits you to a 72 hr hold.
  14. Nolrog Augur

They aren't doing another locked server, POP or otherwise. That concept failed. They aren't doing a PvP because there isn't enough interest.

I would doubt on a Mischief/Thornblade clone. Those are still pretty early and it makes no sense to start new ones. The same with a Vaniki style server.

My best guess is either something brand new or a traditional style.
    Skuz likes this.
  15. Shism .

I think the fact that Agnarr hasn't been merged into another server and still has 4 active raiding guilds kind of proves it's not a failed concept. On the other hand most all TLP's are in a failed state for a long while before they are merged.
  16. Tweakfour17 Augur

Define failed state. Phinny, Selo and Miragul all cleared every expansion and were merged into live servers with raiding guilds intact once they had completed unlocking every expansion. The "failed state" tlp were all before Truebox, /pick, Agents of Change, timed unlocks and a multitude of other QoL changes over the years.
    Skuz likes this.
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Sure it hasn't been merged yet but it appears to stay at a low population level and doesn't hit medium or high which is not a sign of success.
  18. Shism .

I am not looking to argue or get caught up in semantics. My post was more in response to calling a locked sever a failed concept. I could be wrong but I doubt the servers you listed had 4 active raiding guilds clearing expansions and then were merged "just because".

My point is Agnarr hasn't seen new content in years and still maintains 4 active guilds. So I disagree with it being a "failed concept"

Also me kind of defending Agnarr or a locked server isn't meant to throw shade at any other past servers or their guilds and players. I view Agnarr as a success. Again I could be wrong.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

4 active guilds is not a measure of success when that only accounts for a few hundred players. At best you can say is they are enough to keep it from getting merged into another server.
    Skuz likes this.
  20. generic Journeyman