Dragon Hoard underwhelming?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sissruukk, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Tegila Augur

It would've been much cooler to just be a special house. We already use housing for a lot of storage. A house that does NOT allow placeables except pets(so you could have a parcel guy if you really wanted, or extra as mounts etc) but ONLY nonplaceables. So, all closet space, like 500 slots idk. Make it a giant treasure chest or a sleeping dragon, or just a dragon skill or something. Don't even have to make it enterable, in which case skip the pet part. The yard would still have placeables.
  2. minimind The Village Idiot

A bar of gold!? What the hell am I supposed to do with this? Store it under my bed? Pass it on as an heirloom? I have to SELL this to someone to get useful cash first? WORST. FEATURE. EVER.
    Nennius and Skuz like this.
  3. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

What you describe would take a minimum of 84 bits and still doesn't count quantities or charges; and is designed backwards; items don't have DH slots, DH slots have items.
  4. Numiko Augur

as someone who never does tradeskills, I doubt I will ever put anything in there, half my bank slot bags are already empty and my house storage is like 95% empty. the new feature is pretty useless for me.
  5. Tegila Augur

I was referring to and item with augs. The items in it are augs. The numbers were just examples. But, what you're telling me is that numbers take up more space than items made up of many different aspects...all things that exist now in the 32bit game we're looking playing. The numbers I used were all 6 digits too, and afaik the limit in 32 bit is 2millsomething(7 digits) though we can all obviously have more than 2 mill pp too, just can't set prices in baz above it.
  6. Dark_Pheonix Journeyman

This might be necro but...I didn't find this post in the search function. 1st it timed out and then next it limited my results and SOMEHOW my silly self missed it. Anyways...

~ ~ ~ ~ Why is the Dragon's Hoard Capped @ 250? ~ ~ ~ ~

I kinda feel cheated as I just came back, bought the newest xpac w/bells and whistles and noticed the Dragon's Hoard feature. Before I really looked deeper into it, I purchased it and thought, this is GREAT. 125 spots was limited but there were more in the store.

So today I bought 10,000 SC and found out...it's capped at 250. Then I reread the info I found online, I was (to say the least) crestfallen and disappointed. That's like barely 6 (40) bags. Easier to just keep putting things in a house.

Are their future plans to expand on this or any news? Seriously...the collectables alone on my mules take up 4 level 2 alts. I'd rather just delete them and have all that in the dragon's hoard but I'll take the 250. And be satisfied.

My sense of completion....requires I keep every collectable I find. CAUSE THEY SHINY!

"We got the primary buffer panel coming right off..."
    "Everything's Shiny capt, not to fret."
    ~ Firefly ~

~ PS ~ After reading this post...I see no answer to my original question since the last was over 2 years ago.
  7. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Why necro 2 threads?

And if you're storing stuff on alts, you're doing it wrong. Housing is where it's at.
    Tarvas likes this.
  8. Nennius Curmudgeon

What if it was two bars of gold?
  9. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I like dragon horde because i can have 3 lore items then. Just wish horde was bigger doesnt come close to expanding in size compared to the Tradeskill version.
  10. Svann2 The Magnificent

Never used it. It just seems to me to be a complication without benefit.
  11. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Then you could crush nuts between them.
    Deux and Nennius like this.
  12. Zunnoab Augur

I thought upon release (and still do) that the tiny amount of space makes it laughable, but in saying so I had several guild members rave on about its uses and merits. I can only come to the conclusion that it is in fact a great feature for some people. For me, the capacity is too low to be that impressive.

Now the trade skill depot on the other hand is amazing.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  13. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

few things, dragons hoard, made a great makeshift TS depot until the TS depot existed.
    I expanded mine several times and do not have any regrets, even though it is now *mostly* obsolete.

To the folks saying housing is the way to go for storage, sure - you do you. But running out there constantly, (daily, etc), is a huge pain in the butt to me, and honestly it slows down your zonetimes per the devs.

My current plan is to continue expanding my TS depot, filling it as is convenient, and then I also use the dragons hoard for extra storage that i dont need to interact with often, since it doesnt search on the fly, i tend to shove thigns in there i know i wont be looking for anytime soon.

Impressive necro on the thread tho!
    Elyssanda likes this.
  14. Tatanka Joe Schmo

That's the difference. No daily for me. My playtime is limited, and I only do TS once in a while, so for me, it's ~ once a week, maybe less. And with well placed anchors (and a porter with anchor teleport spells), it's really no hassle at all.

And even if it were a big hassle, there is no other solution. I don't just have one char access it. So, Dragon Hoard and personal TSD don't help at all. I AM looking forward to the guild TSD, but there are a few key things which will need to be addressed, to make it really useful. And if not, I'll just stick with the housing.

As for zone times, I 3 box (and sometimes 6 box), and zone times don't seem that bad. Not sure what specifically you're referencing.