New server ideas

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by zurgar, Jan 11, 2023.

1. zurgar Journeyman

1 truebox 1 non truebox
    - 1 month classic
    - 1.5 months kunark(increased drops on epic pieces)
    - after kunark, release expansions based on lvl of expansion (velious/Luclin released together, pop/ldon/god together, and so on)
    - 5 month releases after that
    - reduce lockout timers
    - fv loot rules would be awesome. That hasn't been added to a tlp boxing server yet.
  2. jeskola pheerie

I think Rizlona was the last non-truebox server to be honest.
  3. Iyacc Augur

Bonus/double loot is better than reduced lockouts. Ask anyone who played past PoP on Selo and Mischief and I think most would agree.

Reduced timers long term causes more burnout. You end up only doing the top zone 3 times a week and it's just boring AF.

As a small guild on Selo we did Anguish twice a week for months on end and I still hate that zone.
    internalprime8, Yinla and Brildon like this.
  4. zurgar Journeyman

Really good point. Double loot would be awesome
  5. zurgar Journeyman

I feel it is going that way also with everything going truebox. I think the entire boxing community would like one last run at a new TLP with FV loot rules and double loot. After that I dont think you would ever hear from us again lol.

6. Nolrog Augur

The bonus loot is a great concept. I hope they keep it. On Thornblade, I was able to do quests that I never did before because the pieces were hard to get or the camps were long. I am really enjoying this concept.
  7. Faydra Augur

Definitely agreed there, bonus loot and free trade are both wonderful, random loot I'm indifferent on, and I've got to the point where I dislike truebox and having to fire up multiple machines, I'm just so over it.
  8. Crunchman New Member

This would be my recommendations for a new TLP

-Something similar to Mischief Loot system
    -Getting rid of MOTM, turning back on focus items, and allowing 12-18 man raid groups to have a better raiding experience and guild experience.
    -Free Trade
    -Doing some updates to classes ie buffing the rogue from start. Also, would not mind seeing some type of change to enchanter charm. Rather they delete charm all together, and give enchanter a DPS buff to increase melee damage, or cause charm to be way more riskier.
    -Classic/Kunark on launch or even Velious also. Most of the time people get burned out prior to making it to these expansions.
    -Adding attunement to items, so any item can still be sellable/tradable, however, once its equipped it becomes bound to that character. This keep farming, and item prices high and valuable.
    -Bring back item turn-in XP, so that farming starter areas like orcs/gnolls, etc can still be valuable for lower levels to get money.
    -Would love to see instead of random loot, maybe random mob spawn, or doing both. We have all played this game for 25+ years I don't think it will hurt anyone's feeling's if the frenzy spawns in the freeti room sometimes or vise versa.
    -Do away with the key system, and just have raid dungeons based on levels using the achievement system to zone in. The days of fighting for VP key drops should be over.
    -Make epic mobs spawn in instances and remove the bottle neck for epics. Let everyone have a chance to have an epic its been 25 years. Also, for epic mobs that spawn in cities, etc. Give the ability to create instances with just this mob and make it a raid fight, so it still requires some work.
    -Change sleepers tomb to either the sleepers does not awake for X amount of time, or the loot doesn't change just because he's awake. Again it's been 25 years some people would love to see a gnome mask, and some of the other drops that happen in here.
    -truebox can be whatever it is, I don't really care one way or the other. You can get a 100.00 laptop that will run EQ now a days, so boxing is and always will be easy to do.
  9. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

I love how there are arguments in favor or MoTM...

MoTM did nothing to slow down guilds. It did prevent a couple of "cheese" tactics in early expansions. At the same time, if favored those who could box a whole lot of characters, monopolizing older spawns for several expansions. E.G. On live, in era, I was easily able to solo Kunark dragons as a druid during PoP. On Ragefire/Lockjaw, I couldn't dent them with MoTM on.

I don't think MoTM should fully go away. MoTM is used for several things, including prevention of raid spawns in pick zones. It prevents "pet-wall" tactics and a few other cheese tactic learned throughout the years. The actual mitigation portions, however, could easily be done away with and no one would really be the wiser.. It would have 0 impact on in-era raiding/raid guilds. Every Progression server prior to MoTM went fine. Every Progression server post MoTM was not hindered by MoTM. I can't recall a single MoTM-enhanced event that prevented my guild from beating a raid.. and we weren't the "top" of the raiding food chain either.
  10. Crunchman New Member

I know exactly why they put in MOTM and removed focus items, however, it's a dead horse now. There has been 12 years of TLPS and we are still needing 30+ players to down 1998 raid dragon. Everyone in their mother has downed vox/naggy. No current MMO is requiring you to have 50 people to raid, and its not needed. They need to simplify raiding to a smaller sample size, and make raiding feel more rewarding to people that want to try and raid with 12-18 people instead of requiring X amount of people. You can still have your zerg guilds, and keep open world however it needs to be to appease the bat phoners. Instances should have more options, and be more updated to breath life back in the game. On the release of Yeli saw 7,000 people, there are private DAOC/UO servers that are putting up comparable numbers. It's time for daybreak to really go all out this year to attract some newer players, and truly make this the best TLP that has been released.
  11. Nazurath New Member

Great idea. MOTM should be gone.
  12. Triconx Augur

It's amazing how many people want to change classic. If you're so sick of it, just don't do it. Removing MOTM isn't going to breath life into the most stale, mind numbing content in game. Let's also not forget Classic-Kunark raid content is some of the worst itemized content in the game so no matter how big or small the raid is, seldom is it going to feel rewarding.

There are a ton of raids and events post MOTM eras that provide fun, engaging content for players of all raid sizes. The problem isn't that the content isn't there, the problem is people are stuck in their cycle of insanity of choosing to do the same garbage on a yearly cycle and then complaining about how it's now boring and redundant. Easy solution is laid on before you on a golden brick road.

I'd also love to hear how one got "Yelinak had 7,000 players" because no single server can hold that many people and Yelinak was one of the lowest launching standard TLPs to date.
  13. Crackers Elder

Here is my personal preference on the next TLP.

1. Kunark live at launch. Lasts 12 weeks total. The past schedule of 24 weeks total for both is just too long. There is always a huge population drop during Kunark when it lasts as long as it has in the past. It also changes the dynamic for everyone involved. Power guilds, individual players, etc. Do you race for bosses or epics? Do you level the traditional path, or go for new experiences?

2. FV Loot Rules, and increase loot by 50% on major raid targets to accommodate the faster schedules. (See below)

3. Combine certain expansions that make no sense to be solo releases anymore. Expansions combined last 12 weeks total, single expansions last 8 weeks, as follows:

Velious - 8 weeks
    Luclin - 8 weeks
    LoY, PoP, LDoN - 12 weeks
    GoD - 8 weeks
    OoW & DoN - 12 weeks
    DoDh & PoR - 12 weeks

(Note: At this point, we're past PoP in less than a year, and close to halfway through Everquest as a whole in about 2 years. This change would be huge to retaining population and allowing players who have wanted to see later expansions "in era" that opportunity.)

4. Fix the toxic keying process of Veeshan's Peak and Vex Thal. TLPs are about experiencing the game again, and while I appreciate the grind, most of us have to put our careers and families first. We cannot afford to have to stay up overnight at the chance of being the first to click on the ground spawn that shows up once every 3 hours.

This is an easy fix. Increase grown spawn rates. Make the named who drops key pieces drop 6 each, increase named spawn rates etc.

5. Alter the lockout system so it resets Sunday at midnight instead of assinging a 7-day timer at the time of the kill. This would allow guilds flexibility when scheduling raids and accommodate the middle of the week patch schedule. This quality-of-life improvement would be a grand slam, but I understand that the coding aspect might not be feasible this year.
  14. generic Journeyman

Listen, dis my take on the next TLP.

Let's get Kunark poppin' right at launch. Keep it at 12 weeks, cuz the 24 weeks we do now is too long. Ain't nobody tryna play dat long, and the population always drop during Kunark. Plus it change up how we play for everybody, like power guilds and regular players. Do we race for bosses or epics? Do we level the usual way or try new stuff?

Keep FV loot rules, but bump up loot by 50% on major raid targets to make up for the faster schedule.

Combine some expansions that don't make sense as solo releases no more. Expansions together last 12 weeks, single ones last 8 weeks like:

Velious - 8 weeks
    Luclin - 8 weeks
    LoY, PoP, - 8 weeks
    LDON - 4 weeks
    GoD - 8 weeks
    OoW - 8 weeks
    DoN - 4 weeks
    DoDh & PoR - 12 weeks

(Note: By now we done PoP in bout a year, and close to halfway through Everquest in 2 years. This change would keep people playin' and give players who wanna see later expansions "in era" that chance.)

Fix the keyin' process for Veeshan's Peak and Vex Thal. TLPs 'bout experiencing the game again, and while I respect the grind, we all got jobs and families. Can't be stayin' up overnight for a chance to click on a ground spawn that show up every 3 hours.
    This is an easy fix. Increase ground spawn rates. Make the named that drops key pieces drop 6 each, increase named spawn rates etc.

Change the lockout system so it reset Sunday at midnight instead of a 7-day timer at the time of the kill. This would give guilds more flexibility when schedulin' raids and accommodate the middle of the week patch schedule. This quality-of-life improvement would be a grand slam, but I understand that the coding aspect might not be feasible this year.
  15. Biawak New Member

A lot of things have been suggested already, I recently started playing on Mischief and there is a lot I like and somethings I don't really like.

What I would like to see on a new server:
    - free trade (on everything if possible but there are probably reasons why some items are still no trade on mischief)
    - higher drop rates on "key" items (no need for 6 hour camps for epic pieces)
    - lessons of the devoted AA at the start (helps casuals like myself)
    - get rid of the veteran award AA's (especially the one that gives you a full recovery every 24hours), seems to me that it trivializes a lot of content
  16. generic Journeyman

17. Nazurath New Member

Lets get rid of the Zerg guilds. Max AOC 18. No MOTM. No zergs open world by putting a limit on Agro list @18 then start punting top of Agro list when limit is hit over 18.
    mischiefs random loot / trade no -drop / stand loot rate / increased epic drop rates / key rates
    Selo exp
    Standard true box server 1 client per computer
    Start at classic with yelinek release schedule

Zergs take away the challlenging aspects of the game.

Unique experience geared towards people who like challenges and not grinds
  18. Arclyte Augur

so first 18 dps touch a raid boss, and the healers all get punted? sounds great
  19. Nazurath New Member

Top of Agro would be the tank. The point is to limit raids to 18 people
  20. Triconx Augur

Ever heard of Vule?