Pride Month Familiar Ideas

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by ISmellLikeInnySwamp, Jan 11, 2023.

1. ISmellLikeInnySwamp Augur

-A pride cape like Dr. Strange's magical cape
    -A snake or an armadillo
    -A spectre

Less gloss
    More rainbow
    Totally fabulous

I 110% support the gblt+ community, but I cannot support another bunny.
  2. Vicus Augur

How about they change it up this year and devote pride to another good cause for once. Seems like its been the same pride community for the last 5 years. A bunch of other great causes out there to support, many that are in some dire need for support.

First responders appreciate month
    PTSD Military support programs
    Wounded Marines
    Any Orphanage in the country
    Abused Children Support
    Victims of Human Trafficking
    Big Brother Programs
    Low Income Families
    Scholarship Programs for Low Income Bright Students
    Any abused or abandoned pet/shelter program
    Any near extinction Wildlife Program
    Tygart, Aenvar, Korwiin and 4 others like this.
  3. FawnTemplar Augur

Seems to me that we should be supporting specifically LGBTQ+ organizations for pride....
    Draggoone, zleski and Rijacki like this.
  4. ISmellLikeInnySwamp Augur

Most companies usually pick one cause and stick with it. Daybreak has chosen to support the gblt+ community. All of your causes are 110% worth supporting too.
    Draggoone, Rijacki and FawnTemplar like this.
  5. Vicus Augur

I appreciate the response but the data doesn't actually back up this statement at all. Most multi-million dollar companies actually support and donate to multiple charities/communities due to the inherit benefit of federal and state tax breaks. Blizzard for example donated to 3,211 charities in 2021. NCSOFT donated to 1,087 in 2021. I am not at all saying ditch the current chosen community, I am saying bring in some new familiar or game event ideas to support other things as well. I understand Darkpaw has their choice, but MMO's are a community and their player base would appreciate support everywhere. But I am 100% positive that Darkpaw donates to probably a half dozen or more charities if they have any capable accountant do their taxes/books.
    Brontus likes this.
  6. tsiawdroi TittyGOAT

How about a pride hero forge ornament set. I know a bunch of people on xegony who would rock it.
    Jennre, Fenthen and FawnTemplar like this.
  7. ISmellLikeInnySwamp Augur

I made a valiant attempt at keeping the topic focused on Familiars, but even the bravest of forum paladins couldn't have expected a response with facts about charities. I have failed you, forum. The forum warriors charged at me with weapons beyond my starting character's low intelligence. Wisdom will guide me through my next reply. "Pride Month Familar" forum thread hereby activates /valor of honor to save the Veteran's Sub-Category!
    Rijacki likes this.
  8. Brontus EQ Player Activist

You make a great point. There are thousands of amazing, noble, and worthwhile causes in the real world that are certainly worthy of our support. That said, not everyone feels comfortable supporting every charity. Different strokes for different folks. But if you let one real charity into Norrath, others will feel disenfranchised if their pet charity is left out.

Another problem is that who decides what causes are imported into Norrath? So far it's been the studio and not the players. It might be useful to give the players a month where they can celebrate their causes too. I'm a dog lover. I'd be happy to donate to an Animal Rescue Shelter via purchasing a dog pet in the cash shop.

The main problem here is that fantasy virtual world of Norrath is not the real world. So including specific references from the real world in a virtual world can be problematic as it breaks the fourth wall and potentially erodes immersion.

I think many of us would bristle if we saw ads for real world fast food chains and other products or causes in Norrath. Although we may enjoy of those products in the real world, they would feel out of place in EQ.
    alanus, Aenvar, Tornat and 2 others like this.
  9. Quillman New Member

*cough* /pizza
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

The original LGBT or Pride bunnies were a project of Holly's. Many feel they were specifically created to buff her resume since she was applying to Blizzard around that same time and they desperately needed someone to fix their problem on LGBT once and for all.

Blizzard and WOW specifically had a history of issues and lawsuits over discrimination in the game for the last 10 years and were not making much progress to overcome the bad press.

Now, DBG cannot pull these bonus's since that would create a worse outcry and put them in WOW's situation. This is one instance where we do not want to copy anything from WOW! and then wind up with in game character, guild etc discrimination lawsuits.

Meanwhile one of my most valued possessions is the Haiti Relief Plush Bear which we could buy in 2010 to support the relief fund for the earthquake over there. I feel something like that are better ways to show support for any cause without interfering in the game aura
    Elyssanda, Brontus, Aenvar and 3 others like this.
  11. Ythera Augur

If we're going to get more animals, like the previous years, I suggest that this year be bears and otters.
    SteamFox, Rijacki and Manafasto like this.
  12. Sobmre Augur

i don't care what companies support for clout, just come up with something else there are already 903458309458 familiars
  13. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

Please keep this on topic and without political and/or religious opinions or any harmful rhetoric or opinions against Pride month or the people who choose to participate in it. The topic is ideas for Pride Month familiars, if you have nothing to contribute on this specific topic, then please move along to another thread.
    Jennre, Zunnoab, Draggoone and 4 others like this.
  14. Tucoh Augur

I'd like a Queen Maeve familiar.
    Flatchy likes this.
  15. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

That would rock...ngl!
    Jennre likes this.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

The butterflies in Lesser Fay would suit pride.I have a dislike for the pastle rabbits and lions and feel a need for something bright and cheerful :)

But please if you are planning on continuing to give us a new pride familiar every year, make it one each year, we are already over run with familiars.

And for the love of all things fluffy put some of the vaulted petamorphs back on sale, a lot of those no longer available are better than the new ones we have coming out our ears.
    Jennre and Rijacki like this.
  17. Manafasto Augur

Baby bear please.
    SteamFox likes this.
  18. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

I would rather not get a "free" gift that would require a 1000 DB unlock on each character to use it.
  19. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Agreed. Hero's Forge should, honestly, just be a basic part of the game by now. Give every character that has HF unlocked, a token that can be converted into a suit of their choice (excluding the golden set and that gnome set).

It would stimulate server economies and the DBG store to not have this gated behind a per character cost. (I have at least sixteen retired characters with HF unlocked.. yes, I'm grumpy)
    Rijacki, Jhenna_BB and Iven like this.
  20. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

EQ needs Llamas. Rainbow ones would be even better!
    Duder and Rijacki like this.