Lucent Cloak of the Selenelion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Windance, Dec 28, 2022.

1. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

After 17 in a row with no cloak, the 18th mission finally dropped a cloak.
    Zunnoab, alanus and Knifen like this.
  2. Tucoh Augur

I tried, boys. When it started dropping in the door mission in beta I advised against it. Gating a chase item behind a rare drop in an instance just motivates casual players to not bother. Much better to have a low cost of entry and increase the investment to level per tier. That way you'll have Johnny casual sustaining subscriptions through summer trying to finish Jaggedpine hunter to unlock that last rank.
  3. Lluianae Elder

We've seen 15 of them out of however many clears doing the mission 2-3 times a day since expansion release. It's a shame you can't TA and offer them to people who still need them.
  4. FYAD Augur

I don't get why they limited it to just the one mission. Why not have all 4 missions have a chance to drop it?
    Fenthen and Flatchy like this.
  5. Flatchy Court Jester

Yes I would like to hear the reasoning behind that as well.
    Fenthen likes this.
  6. Tucoh Augur

I think that's the wrong question. The right question is why there is any barrier to entry. Johnny Casual is going to scrape together a handful of runs of the door mission, lose the cloak roll when it finally drops and then ignore the cloak completely. If it was just handed out, it'd start him on a path and get him invested, motivating him to sustain subs longer to finish hunter or whatever.
  7. Warpeace Augur

Because it's considered a chase item? They could have made it a global drop and maybe that would have been better.

The mission itself is not that hard and a casual group can do it while earning coins for type 5 augs and other chest drops.

So personally, I don't buy the cloak is being locked behind a barrier. Now if they make it harder after the patch on the 18th that's a different story.
  8. Svann2 The Magnificent

Dropped twice in a row in my attempts to 2 box the mission. First one I gave to a guildie because I decided I didnt want to do the evolving on my alt and I already had one. 2nd one I gave to the alt.
    :p
    Banhammer and Tatanka like this.
  9. Alnitak Augur

I do this mission with 2 pet classes, a bard and a range dps (ranger,wizard,necro,second bard etc)
    Typically I also TA 2 more characters from remaining accounts. 4 missions in a row in under 90 minutes after work nightly, for about 3 weeks by now.
    At this moment all my toons 4-5 per account already have the cloak and cloaks started to rot lately.
    I do not see the cloak dropping every mission. It's hardly rare, just a bit uncommon.
    Banhammer and OldTimer like this.