New TLP Announced for May 2023!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Protocol, Jan 11, 2023.

1. Protocol Dragon Defender

We now have official confirmation of a new TLP coming this year. They are saying it will be a May release, I am projecting Thursday May 25th.

[IMG]

https://www.everquest.com/news/eq-2023-roadmap

Personally, I predict the following servers:
    1: Vanilla TLP with Relaxed Truebox starting in omens.
    2: Special ruleset using one of the following gimmicks: FV Loot, PvP, Selo Unlocks (double loot instead of half lockouts) or something entirely off the wall.
    Vindaven likes this.
  2. Vicus Augur

Nice Logo.

Mostly likely covered it all in there. My guess is they also go with something safe since they are only releasing one progressive server. Hope they are gearing up for something big like a remake or EQ3 because they have run out of idea's. Mischief was the last hit in my opinion. Vaniki and Miraguls are ghost towns, manly because they did what they wanted, not what people requested. The hamster wheel is really showing it's age. Heck the first three months of the roadmap is to hit a button and turn on content they have already created. Another month devoted to taking a few already established animal models and changing their colors.

I like the current UI as it fits fine with the actual game. Only hope is that the new UI is being developed to beta test a future Everquest game, because if not ..seems like a lot of work in a 25 year old game that no one has really been begging for. Or it's being used to prevent the programs that shall not be named.
  3. ISmellLikeInnySwamp Augur

Unless you're working off of insider information, I don't see Daybreak doing Yelinak dirty like that for your #1 point. Yelinak will almost be at Omens when the new server(s) are released.
  4. Protocol Dragon Defender

Pure speculation. What would do Yelinak dirty in your opinion?
  5. Jabnael New Member

Personally would like to see another random loot / free trade server this year. One without the bonus loot would be even better imo, keep the market from being so saturated. If they added all class and race combos from the start that would just be a bonus.
    Dandolf and Skuz like this.
  6. Koggar.Bertoxxulous Elder

At least kunark unlocked so I could roll an iksar sk and do greenmist while I leveled would be amazing. Strike a balance with unlocks, not Selos fast so that people can't keep up but faster than the "standard speed" of 12/8 week unlocks so that people don't get bored. I think 8/6 week unlocks would be absolutely perfect. Increase spawns for keys and drop more loot to compensate and I'm all in!
  7. Crabman Augur

Looking at the popularity for mischief and thornblade vs yelinak and vaniki it would be crazy for them to not do another free trade server this time around
    Xanathol likes this.
  8. Crabman Augur

I think he thinks your server 1 would launch with Omens unlocked. Which would be doing Yelinak dirty since it would be about 1 month away from Omens unlocking. You mean it would be truebox til omens then be relaxed truebox right?
  9. Protocol Dragon Defender

Yeah, I think it will launch in classic and gain Relaxed Truebox in Omens. Basically a Yelinak clone. The standard TLP experience we’ve had since Phinny with the small iterations we see each cycle.
  10. ISmellLikeInnySwamp Augur

I think that the server rule set would create a lot of uncertainty for both servers. A yo-yo effect would occur where recyclers, new players, and Yelinak's core players wouldn't feel confident about their decision to stay or to go.

Do I follow the stampede and start from scratch on Server 1 with Omens unlocked, or do I wait a few weeks on Yelinak to enjoy Omens with my decked out characters, boxes, alts, flags, achievements, etc?

I could see both servers fluctuating between low and medium pop until both servers kind of give up on themselves.

Guildies joined the new server. Guildies left the server and returned to Yelinak. Guldies are splitting their time between both servers. Guildies are not showing up for raids. When is the next TLP server coming out.

You have far more experience with Everquest than I will ever have, so my opinion could be way off base.
  11. Protocol Dragon Defender

I’m sorry that I wasn’t clear - the vanilla TLP begins in classic. The relaxed truebox feature unlocks in Omens. I hope this clarifies it.
  12. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Reverse server!! You start at lvl 120 in NoS and go backwards to base EQ! :p
  13. ISmellLikeInnySwamp Augur

I don't know why you're apologizing for my mistake lol. My reading comprehension took a nose dive there. I assumed Vanilla meant classic ruleset, and somehow thought "with" was "and." I was just laughing at someone's posts on this forum too because their replies were so far off from the quoted posts.
  14. Brontus EQ Player Activist

I think free trade -- random loot system is the way to go for future TLP servers. I'd add the following solo-friendly features too:
    • no MOTM for bosses
    • no mob summoning
    • no key access required for any zone
    • all classes available from day 1
    • mercenaries available from day 1
    This would be my dream server. :)
  15. Imdead Augur

I'm hoping we finally get a non random loot free trade server. I really liked Mischief and Thornblade but felt the random loot was going to ruin my learning/understanding of later xpacs I had never played.
  16. Lucerin Apprentice

As someone who plans progression for a raiding guild, we have to go back to the basics for the original plan. Then we look at different courses of actions based off what could happen with the loot pools. I have never played the content we are about to go in, and I have to learn both how it originally worked, and plan for contingencies because of Mischief.

It does create for a very large amount of planning, but ultimately I feel really comfortable with how it's supposed to work before moving into how it does work.
  17. Xanathol Augur

Unless there's something crazy (ex. duo-classing), it is hard to imagine what new idea might be attractive.
  18. SoandsoForumUser Augur

How would random loot change anything about learning expansions? It only really changes which bosses are kill once and skip and which get farmed weekly.
  19. Runes Augur

I would love to just see a FV style server without the random loot. Sometimes just getting back to the basics is really good and not overthinking rulesets.

When I get good gear that I can pass down to alts, I get motivated to make a lot of alts and accounts to use them or sell to buy gear for alts. I don't usually buy gear from markets because people charge stupidly high prices.

Free trade gear translates to a lot more money I am willing to spend to make alts, level them buying xp pots and gearing them with fun gear and this increases profits for Devs.

One of the big mistakes Devs made for Mischief/Thornblade were the random loot tables based on level range of mobs that did not take into account difficulty in getting to and killing the mobs. Also made some bosses not worth going after because after their kill they would have crap drops. Added to random loot fiasco was the increased amount of loot that dropped from certain mobs, basically rained so much gear so fast it lost all value for me by PoP and any feeling of achievement to earn the gear and stay invested in my characters.
    Dandolf and Joules_Bianchi like this.
  20. Lucerin Apprentice

For example, my guild cleared DoDh completely and never pulled a single Master Vule DZ. Something that would have been required on any other server was able to be bypassed from other available means.
    Imdead likes this.