How to get an SK from 97-105?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cintile, Jan 11, 2023.

1. Cintile Lorekeeper

So i have this SK and aside from begging to sit in ME groups, how can I get this dude up to snuff? Hes has about 2k AA before the autogrant. He has 1.5. He has CoTF 95 group gear and yet, he gets owned in CoTF group content. Go figure. I have a 110 Druid or 108 Bard on second account to assist him. Is there just a good place to grind these levels at a reasonble place with Bard playing Melody in the background with a couple good healer mercs? What gear set will I need at 105 to effectively tank FM?
  2. Iven the Lunatic

Alaris would be your place up to 105. You can also try Shard's Landing, the wolves are easy.
    The higher House of Thule zones are also an easy option. Morell's Castle should be still challenging.
    Ozon and Tucoh like this.
  3. Annastasya Augur

Easy answer : Overseer.
    More complex answer: i have been working on my SK in the 90s range for the last year on and off. My recommendations, and you've already got gear that will carry you through most of it is- Go through all the House of Thule content. Then skip Alaris and go through all of the Rain of Fear content. You'll get some good rewards for achievements- trophies, bags, augs and plenty of AAs. You'll be able to solo or use a healer merc to get all of this done without too much trouble. i did so, in much worse gear.
  4. Tucoh Augur

5. Szilent Augur

CotF group content, like HAs? if you're going in to those with your 110 druid, that's putting the SK in way over his head, the enemies scale to the highest level character.

definitely work on upgrading 1.5 to 2.0. Lowering the cool down is a big deal.
    Ozon likes this.
  6. Cintile Lorekeeper

No, I was referring to partisans quest, mercenary stuff in Karana. I think I'm going to try broken Mirror with Bard and Merc tank and see how that goes.
  7. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Overseer is good but slow. I say group with my ranger that level level range goes by fast although starts slowing at 107/108. Think at 90 it took my alts like 3 lotd to get to 105 not the fastest but its pretty decent.
  8. Cintile Lorekeeper

What about Brothers Island? I get a tank merc on my 109 Bard, and pull to the Merc with bard, while 97 SK melees and 97 Healer merc heals? Could do that reasonably until 104-105? Then at 105, if I buy a decent set of armor, should be able to tank FM?
  9. Windance Augur

It's nearly impossible to give you a good answer because it really depends on how well geared your character is ** AND ** how well you know the class ** AND ** how good you are at spamming the correct keys.

Step 1 - Get your epic 2.0

Step 2 - Learn how to setup a multi bind spam key.

Step 3 - Practice your rotations on the "easiest" mobs that still give you XP.

Use the guild hall teleporter and to go into each expansions around your level and find the easiest one that still gives you XP. Once you know which zone you can handle work your way through that expansions quest line.

Assuming you go this route, do you best to max out the useful AA before you level up. Things like combat agility and stability will make a difference in how well you tank. You also want anything that raises your attack and damage. More DPS = faster kills = more XP.

Step 4 - Find some friends to enjoy the ride.

While you are grinding stuff out spam the general chat saying something like: Returning player currently killing/questing in XYZ, pst if you'd like to join me. Keep your eyes open for guild recruiters and ask them questions. You should be able to find a guild on your server with other folks.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I think your biting off too big of a mouthful. Spit some out and lower your expectations.

You could be grinding out the 2 daily HA easy with 95 SK and the bard or druid and getting a nice chunk of exp at the end. I would go with the bard, instead of Druid and use the merc healer and then dps merc to help

Do the HA's in Karana/Marla since you got some exp in that zone and know the lay out. Those will go fast and while not as much exp as the daily ones they still will be nice.

Also if your 97 you will still get a little bit of exp by doing the level 95 hot zone from the other teek and that should be something you can solo and kind of take a break from boxing.

After you have done a ton of HA and gotten a ton of Marks of Valor then do this with all those marks so you can get some level 100 armor free. If your a paid account cause this is prestige.

You will need to buy just 1 Ethereal Attuner (10,600 plat) from Blacksmith Cerray in Tainted West Karana. You will be able to reuse it. You may already have this from the level 95 stuff.

Then go to Requisitioner Rhies who is just a few tents away from Blacksmith Cerray

Now purchase one of what ever piece you want named XXX of Latent Ether - this tier is 960 Marks of Valor.

The reason we are not using dropped or baz purchased Latent in this case is because it seems to require an additional agent (13,124 plat) later on in the combines and really jacks up the cost and takes away the simplicity of this way

Combine it by itself in the box. And you will now have a Latent Etheric Armor of XXX.

Now purchase XXX of Manifested Ether from Rhies - the one that matches what you just made. Like arms of latent etheric goes with arms of manifested etc. These run 1056 Marks of Valor each

Combine the Latent and the Manifested item in the Attuner and that will result in a Manifested Etheric XXX of Carnage (for zerkers) or whatever your class is.

Latent Etheric has approx 2500 HP

Manifested Etheric will have approx 3000

So for 2016 Marks of Valor and the cost of the box 10,600 plat (one time reuseable box). you have some nice level 100 armor.

And why have you only got 2K AA BEFORE auto grant? Why not dive in and do it? Sorry just confused on this one. Is this your free account?

And yes, Overseer is nice but its not the main source of exp. The only time my guys got that 6% per quest was when that charity event was going on with bonus exp. Other than that they get about 1.7%-2%.
  11. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Per @Windance's comments about relevant AAs:

Under General AAs:
    CA
    CS
    Armor of Wisdom
    General Sturdiness
    Natural Durability

There are a few good ones under the Class tab as well:
    Mortal Coil
    Cascading Theft of Defense
    Cascading Theft of Life
    Harm Touch *

And Focus:
    Enduring Reproval
    Knight's Synergy

There may be some others, but these will all help you tank better.

* - Doesn't help you "tank" better, but used against tough/named mobs, kills them WAY faster, so you can tank "less" ;)
  12. Velisaris_MS Augur

If all you're looking for is just straight xp, then you should be doing CoTF HAs ad nauseum. I don't know how well geared your druid is, but even an undergeared 110 toon should be able to solo a lot of the HAs. Zone into the HA, pop a tank merc on your druid, and do the task, while leaving your SK at the zone in. The tiny amount of xp you might miss by leaving him there isn't worth dragging him around on autofollow.

When I level up a toon, I'll do the fastest, easiest HAs I can. Typically, I'll do the Marla tasks (ETWK), the Gribbles (DH), and the 3 from Rozz in Fourth Gate...and any of the bonus tasks given out by Teek. That's about all I can do before I'm sick to death of doing them for the day. I'll run them with either my ranger or SK, and just let the toon (or toons) I'm leveling sit at the zone in.

This will get you to 105 without a problem, though the xp slows down quite a bit after 100.
  13. Vumad Cape Wearer

What does this mean? Autogrant works be expansion and currently goes to TBL. If autogrant is on, you will receive every AA until L111 excluding tradeskill and racial innates.

SHD and BRD with 2 healer mercs and keep throwing out a LFM, unless you refer the druid, but I box a druid as a main healer for the SHD and DRU is lacking. If I was only boxing 2, it wouldn't be a DRU.
  14. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

This was my question too on my post:

And why have you only got 2K AA BEFORE auto grant? Why not dive in and do it? Sorry just confused on this one. Is this your free account?
  15. Laronk Augur

I get why he said this maybe he's a returning player. When autogrant was newer some people would grind out aa's that weren't autogranted then would autogrant sometimes. But that shouldn't be a thing for anyone anymore.
  16. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Spot on advice. Pair this advice with leveling using Overseer and you've got a winning combo.