ShadowHaven Faction Issue...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hildegarn, Dec 11, 2022.

1. Zarkdon Augur

Vah Shir have bad memories from oxygen deprivation caused by their flight to Luclin.
    Silvena likes this.
  2. Ratalthor Developer

This is not a bug as it is related to your faction, and we have verified that the zone lines are safe (EDIT except the zone line from Paludal to Shadow Haven which is currently unsafe for people with bad faction. That will be fixed to be safe in the next update).

This thread has been moved to the Veterans' Lounge for discussion.
    FYAD and code-zero like this.
  3. WFSBelaar Lorekeeper

I get jumped every time i exit from the SH mission instance, which drops you next to the click door. I am threatening to the dwarf on the left hand side of it, and dubious to the other two.
    Ryhme, Silvena and Fleebagg like this.
  4. Fleebagg Journeyman

Yep, zone out doesn't put you at the NPC like ohh almost every other mission. This needs to be looked into.
    Silvena likes this.
  5. Silvena *poke*

Absolutely an issue when folks are trying to do the partisan turn ins and get jumped by guards. Absolutely an issue when zoning out of the mission and are put in the middle of two to three guards.

Tell me again how that's not something to be looked into.
    Barraind and Ryhme like this.
  6. Angahran Augur

I hate all of the 'one way' factions.

Surely somewhere on Norrath, or the planes, there is something/someone that can be killed or bribed to 'fix' any broken faction.
  7. Ratalthor Developer

I edited my comment above with this information: the zone line for Paludal to Shadow Haven is currently not safe for people with bad faction. That will be fixed to be safe in the next update.
    Orienn, Windance and minimind like this.
  8. Silvena *poke*

Neither is the door to the Deepshade zoneline (where the mission drops you when you leave). There are two to three guards there at any given time. Heaven forbid someone with borked faction zone slow/forget to invis before leaving the mission.
    Ryhme likes this.
  9. MmmmBop Wise Troll

I guess it was intended that faction from 20 years ago carry over to modern day expansions in this case - hence, this is not a "bug."

That said, I do think this is very poor game design. This zone barely resembles the old Shadow Haven and I haven't seen any old "wanted" posters on the walls either. Not to mention, our toons were 60 levels younger when this zone was current. How the heck are these new guards remembering what we did 20 years ago? More importantly though, why are they?

I'm glad this doesn't effect me (my alts weren't even a thought during Shadows of Luclin) but I can imagine how frustrating it is to be KoS in a modern zone based on 20 year old faction that you can't repair. So, even though it isn't a bug, DP should really do something about this.
    Ryhme and Silvena like this.
  10. Tucoh Augur

Did you verify that it's intended the NoS NPCs share faction with Shadows of Luclin NPCs? Because this bug report is primarily about that.
  11. Fenthen aka Rath

It is also unsafe to zone out of the Shadow Haven mission. Fix that one as well.

PS - why are there even faction hits to begin with? Why do these guards exist? They don't actually guard anything.
    Ryhme and Silvena like this.
  12. Silvena *poke*

I have helped folks do the Shadow Haven partisans by constantly making sure they were invis and watching for guards that might wander slightly during turn ins. I've rezzed folks because guards ate them while they were doing said turn ins. It's freaking ridiculous.
    Barraind and Fenthen like this.
  13. Windance Augur

I've had a couple guards agro and ended up killing them taking the faction hit. Thankfully I didn't go far enough negative to be KoS.

I did the "Gemmed Sword Hit" quest about 10 times by using two alt druids. One bound in Shadow haven the other in Katta. Talk to the NPC. Port to Katta. hand in item. Port back to shadow haven for turn in. get next then wait 5 min for the TL AA to cycle.

Most of the guards now are indifferent to amiable.

The merchants and guild masters still range from indifferent to glowers.
  14. FYAD Augur

Everyone complaining, in the time you would be waiting for a fix (if one is even coming at all) you could have done this and fixed your faction already.
  15. Windance Augur

If you are KOS you may not be able to get the quests. Which is why people were asking about a potion or something to fix the faction
    Silvena and Fenthen like this.
  16. Act of Valor The Newest Member

I am glad people are facing the consequences for being a murderhobo, even if it is 20 years later.
    Deux, Annastasya and Phurbal_TN like this.
  17. FYAD Augur

The quest the other poster linked is given by an NPC that is on a different faction from the Haven Guards, and even if you are also KOS to that other faction, it can be raised by killing in Echo Caverns. So the sequence would be kill in EC to gain House of Fordel faction > Do quests for House of Fordel NPCs that also raise Haven Guards as a byproduct > get enough to be non-KoS to Haven Guards.

"Feel free to reacquire lost faction through gameplay" --a DPG CSR, probably.
    Annastasya likes this.
  18. Twink New Member

This is not safe for people zoning out of the One Door Opens group mission that for some reason doesn't bring you back to the mission giver like most missions do.

This is not safe for people doing various quests such as Shadow Haven Partisan that have turn in NPC's surrounded by guards like Coglixar Xorlopodi in Fungal Corruption, Lewena in Spiritual Corruption, or Ailiane SteelKnuckle in A Miner Setback. Where one person who is kos agro's surrounding guards and their group has to protect them and thus become KoS, or players die just doing quests for the expansion.

As far as the old faction quests go to try to raise faction. They aren't obtainable. I've tried. The NPC's wont accept turn ins or grant the rewards. I've tried standard hailing, I've even charmed the NPC's to raise faction and they will not continue with the quests.

This is something that should be addressed. Even if it's just giving faction hits killing mobs in the zones that the guards are guarding against... that would seem to be the simplest fix. This would not be unbalanced to any old world quest at this point since at lvl 120 we've all progressed passed those areas. I'm assuming the faction issue was never intended in the first place, and it makes sense with lore. Aid the guards gain their faction.
    Fenthen and Silvena like this.
  19. mulila Elder

On the Beta I had a little problem with the guards being KoS. Before it went Live on I did the "smuggler Reports" quest in the old Shadow Haven from Mistala Glimmerblade. This mob spawns at +22, +233, -28 . I also took a Double Faction potion so only took a few runs to get out of the KoS status.
  20. Windance Augur

Have you tried mass killing the blackguard faction in echo caverns?

One of the previous posts suggested that was "the answer".