Beta Reward

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by I-WANT-IT-NOW, Jan 9, 2023.

1. robber baron Journeyman

I am responding to the first post.

If they expected specific compensation but still committed to play Beta solely for Beta Tokens, they gambled and lost.
    MageGuy likes this.
  2. Nightops Augur

I was buying what you were selling until you had to toss out the line " If it was a Merc contract then it's excluding 6 boxers." Then you lost me.
  3. Maedhros High King

I really like the beta reward as a novelty for a pet user. wish the model could have displayed the pet weapons but thats ok, a lot of pet illusions don't show the weapons.
    I think it would always be nice for the beta rewards to be useful to all classes though.
    If you had 10 beta coins, and you got 10 pet illusions, thats not going to be useful unless you have 10 pet user toons on your account.
    In my case I had 50 beta tokens and its not even possible to have 50 toons on 1 account as far as I know.
    If the reward was one of those items that can convert into a few dozen things like the pre-order weapon ornament selector, then at least we could pick something for everyone.
    An illusion Fungal fiend, a grimling merc, that cool pet illusion, a hat, some unique weapons, etc all could have been possible rewards and then getting as many of the items as you had beta tokens could have had some value, and would have been an incentive for people to want to put in work in beta.
  4. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

best beta reward ever was the gumdrop button! woohoo love that thing. :) i didnt mind this one, personally just happy its not a hat or weapon ornament :) :)
  5. Sobmre Augur

we all hoped for an player illusion, but did any one of you really expect anything short of disappointment ? grats 5 pet classes out of 16
    Fenthen likes this.
  6. Marton Augur

You are my kinda guy. I too would like to see weapons on the illusion:(.
    Maedhros likes this.
  7. eqgamer Augur

My main has that and the only thing I don't "like" is the way the shield and wep rests on the arms. But is an awesome...fun and friendly illusion.

And Maedros - perhaps no need for "50", but it's sorta like when they use to give 999; the awesome sugar skull for example. Nothing wrong with having extras for the new toons, or toons through-out multiple servers.
    Maedhros and adetia like this.
  8. Thunderkiks Augur

You can only claim one no matter what the count says. Was sad about that part since I play on multiple servers.
    Celephane likes this.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

You can have 14 chars on each server, so if you play on multi servers you can have well over 50 :) I'm not even going to try and do the math.
    Maedhros likes this.
  10. I-WANT-IT-NOW Augur

Who beta's just for the reward?

The OP was made because it had been 4 expansions already since they last rotated in an illusion. It wasn't time to duplicate the other types again. It was also made because of on top of that 10 of 16 classes don't have a pet so them using it is just creating more lag to the game.

Two major reasons it should have been the same exact model only an illusion for PC not pets.
  11. robber baron Journeyman

You got to preview and practice the new content. Anything on top of that is bonus.

The people who have the grounds to complain is those who grinded specifically for beta tokens. People should have pushed for the reward identity before grinding for beta tokens. If beta tokens just happen to fall in your lap I don't see why the type of reward would be a big deal.
  12. Tweakfour17 Augur

Don't let the boxer hate cloud the point of the message : "They will never please everyone."
  13. I-WANT-IT-NOW Augur

Correct. I am saying no one betas just for the beta reward. Its to help get content right and get a preview to whats new. However the reward typically should be roughly equal to all AND not actually hurt the games performance. The only way to be roughly equal since everyone likes different things is to rotate whats given and it was an illusions turn.

10 classes out of 16 don't have pets and only hurt the performance of the game by using the familiar for zero benefit.

We couldn't get new proc 18 and 19 augs this year because it hurts game performance. Yet they gave 62% of the game a beta reward that hurts game performance.
  14. Cicelee Augur

Thing is so ugly I would imagine majority won't even use it so don't worry too much about game performance suffering...
  15. Marton Augur

Would you like to advice us how to get an answer to what a beta reward will be (or an answer to basically anything) from Daybreak?

People were asking about this in beta and, as usual, were met with silence.
  16. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

For my ranger, the beta reward item.. pffff

Pondering on deleting it honestly.

useless.
    Fenthen likes this.
  17. robber baron Journeyman

I saw 1 thread in General Beta Discussion about the Beta reward.
  18. Celephane Augur

wow, free item, don't like, allow me to whine about it.
    I've never seen a beta item release this soon, totally amazed. Well done.
    Every reward is useless to many, quit yer bit*hing, its just a fun unique reward and not why most do Beta
    adetia likes this.
  19. Svann2 The Magnificent

Wish I could get the mimic illusion for my new mage.
  20. Drakah UI Designer

What could be nice is to be able to change the pet illusion clickie to select a different color elemental instead of just the purple one.
    Maedhros, Toukan and Elyssanda like this.