Progression questions - EoK - ToV & ToL - Molo at 110?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by hein, Jan 10, 2023.

1. hein Augur

ok, last week I asked questions about how to level up my BST. I managed to get 110 yesterday and thanks to my guild, I was able to get some reasonable gear for that level. I have an EM 27 earring and full set of snowbound armor. I got 110 by boxing GMM with my 110 druid who is equipped in Snowquall. So not too bad.

Can a BST with that set up Molo ToV progression? I did some EoK progression and by some I mean I did a couple partisan quest and started some of the mercenary stuff. However I found the exp for completion to be worthless. Do I get the real chunk of exp at the end of each zone progression or what? Can I box those EoK missions? What about ToV, do I need 113 first, when I get my next pet before I can molo Tov? I don't have ToV on my second account (Druid), so I would prefer to be able to molo.

I'm not in a huge hurry to get from here to 120, but I don't want to do AA forever either.

Thanks for suggestions.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

If you look at this table you can see a ton of Heroic stats per expansion to work on. These make a big difference so if you don't have any at all or very few then you can increase your power quite a bit by finishing these. For example just the ones for EOK increase your Fortitude and Vitality by 10

https://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Hero's_Special_AAs
    Aenvar likes this.
  3. Zarkdon Augur

You should be able to molo most of it. You may need help with ToFS and Velks merc and Kael.
  4. Roxas MM Augur

start ToV progression when you are 111 though, not at 110.
    Starting with lvl 111, the amount of xp you need to level is much much higher then it was at 110. doing the progression from ToV counters this by giving you a set percentage of a level for completing achievements there ( like getting all the mercenary tasks done in a zone). Doing all the progression ( including the missions ) in ToV will get you well into lvl 114.
    if you start earlier, you will end up lower then that, which means you will have to spend seriously more time grinding for xp.

Skuz likes this.
  5. Roxas MM Augur

o, and eok progression is just for some added aas and heroic aas, although the mobs are blue to you still, so you will get decent xp from them while doing the progression.
    Skuz likes this.
  6. Rizzin Elder

I moloed through CoV with my Necro. I assume you can too. You will need help (or task adds) for the missions.
  7. Tucoh Augur

Hein, I recommend doing whatever you think is fun. Beyond that, give Eastern Wastes ToV progression a try and see if you can't do it. If you can get on a ToV Champion/mission bandwagon, do it and gain the massive XP boost from doing it. If it's too tough, either find something easier, work on that bard/necro or find someone to group with. Or get better if you find that fun :D

It does not work like this. It's a set amount of XP and is just presented as a % of your level. To test this, examine how much % it says it gives you, level up and that % will be lower. The only way I know to modify the XP you get from these achievements is to do them during the Extra Life bonus. I dont know if other bonus XP events change the XP conferred.
    Ozon and Rijacki like this.
  8. Alnitak Augur

At lvl 110 as OP asked? I find it hard to believe anybody can molo CoV progression at 110.
  9. Alnitak Augur

Let's see:
    EW Mercenary - yes.
    EW Partisan - doubtful, splitting 3 orcs, tackling lvl 118 quest spawn, tanking 2 lvl 115 giants at 110 is somewhat hard.
    Crystal Caverns Mercenary - yes.
    Crystal Caverns Partisan - doubtful, some steps (search for spider eggs in spider lair) require double inviso.
    Ry'Gor Mercenary - mobs are higher level, 115-116. And need to navigate between live and undead orcs. Very difficult for 110 beastlord.
    Great Divide Mercenary - yes.
    Great Divide Partisan - doable with a couple of very tough fights.
    ToFS Mercenary - impossible at 110. You can't even get all the keys, key holders are notoriously tough and come in packs in some locations. Splitting Vampyres would be a massive challenge.
    Velketor Labirynth - quite a tough zone. Possible to pull singles, but navigation without double inviso is very difficult.
    Kael Drakkel - higher level zone. Lvl 116 giants are brutal to 110. And quite ofter giants spawn with a wolf companion. Especially Frost - I doubt a 110 beastlord can tackle 2 at once. And inviso to undead is mandatory in there.
    FYAD likes this.
  10. hein Augur

Do the Mercenary task give high enough exp rewards that I could do them, get to 113 maybe, and then tackle the Partisan?
  11. Alnitak Augur

Inventory->Achievements->ToV(on the left)->Quests->Mercenary achievement of the zone(on the right)->Reward button. Select character experience 9if an option) and read how many % it award at your current level. That calculation is somewhat accurate.
  12. FYAD Augur

Even if you could, I doubt you'd have fun doing it completely molo. I would think it would be a very slow and frustrating experience. 1 or even 2 other PCs with 3 mercs in the group would go so much faster and be a more enjoyable time.
    Tatanka likes this.
  13. hein Augur

What if I work my Bard box up from 108 to 110 and start tagging her along. Will that greatly change my ability to do this progression? thanks
  14. Tucoh Augur

Your box bard at 108, if you are decent at playing them, will already greatly improve your ability to do this progression. Give the merc quests a shot and let us know how it goes!
  15. Notinterested Augur

The amount of XP you get from the achievements is not set though, it goes down quite a bit every level so you really dont want to wait until 111.

Partisan XP reward x4
    110 30.77%
    111 22.02%
    112 18.27%
    115 11.01%

Merc XP reward X7
    110 15.39%
    111 11.01%
    112 9.13%
    115 5.5%

Mission XP reward x4
    110 53.85%
    111 38.54%
    112 31.97%
    115 19.26%

Paragon XP reward X1
    110 69.24%
    111 49.55%
    112 41.10%
    115 24.77%

The loss in XP rewards from 110-111 is a little over 146% of a level. The drop from 110-111 is more substantial than the other levels.

You are just wasting your time grinding out 110 for absolutely no reason. I really wish people would quit parroting to wait until 111 its really bad advice.

You definitely want to start ToV at 110.
    code-zero likes this.
  16. FYAD Augur

But the point is that people are trying to say that the time it takes to grind 30.77% @ 110 is less than the time it takes to grind 22.02% at level 111. And you especially don't want to be grinding at 114 trying to get to 115 (or at 119 looking for 120) because you don't have any meta achievements left to give you the bump to the next level. Grinding is much easier before dinging 111.
  17. Notinterested Augur

The point they are making does not make any sense and i just explained why.

It does not matter that grinding is easier at 110 if its pointless and does not actually gain you anything...
  18. Tucoh Augur

Who exactly is making this point?
  19. Tatanka Joe Schmo

You are incorrect. The "XP" (i.e. the points of XP obtained) is the same and does not change. What changes is how much XP is needed to get through a level. 111 takes a lot more XP to get through compared to 110, so that's why you get a bigger "chunk" of 110 when completing the quest, compared to 111.

But if you do it at 110, 111, or whatever, you're getting the same amount of XP for the quests. If there were a string of quests you did, the ones you did first would seem to be giving you more XP, and the later ones less. Someone who did them in the opposite order would see the reverse. In any case, both chars, if starting from the same level (and percentage of a level) would wind up at the same level (and percentage of that level, yada, yada).
  20. Tucoh Augur

You are saying the same thing as Notinterested.