AFK PLing on TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Trey, Jan 3, 2023.

1. Logulai Journeyman

Have you never been on a live server? People entire parties and just sit in the same spot auto pulling and auto killing all day. But you are here complaining that people are afk while people actually at their computer are doing the work? lmao
  2. Xeris Augur

Yes I know, I said most of the Kronos that get bought from the DBG store directly are by super casual players. People buying Kronos off 3rd party sites are likely to be more hardcore players. But yes, Joe Schmo first had to buy it from DBG before Kronolord76 sells it on the black market.

My point is that the people fueling this economy are actually the super casual players. The hardcore people don't need pl service b/c it's easy to lvl. Any hardcore player will have friends or a static or a box group and can grind out lvls ez. It's the casual that doesn't have time to play during the day but wants to hit lvl 60 to start raiding with their guild asap that buys PLing, or the people that want to lvl ALTS but don't want to go through the tedium of lvling up other chars, once is enough.

I literally see no downside to these services. There is a demand, and people are providing a supply. There's nothing wrong with not wanting to deal with killing frogs in lguk from lvl 27-40 for the 500th time. If it was me, I'd gladly pay someone 5 Kronos to skip that hell and let me start doing more interesting and engaging things at lvl 60.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And I was not suggesting who was or wasn't fueling the economy, just a reminder that all Krono are purchased through Daybreak with the understanding that they will be traded around multiple times before being consumed.
    Skuz likes this.
  4. ISmellLikeInnySwamp Augur

I've used a powerleveling service on Yelinak...hehe!
    I liked the service...rubs hands together!
    I would use it again if I didn't have boxes...muahah!

A low level class without their unique class tools isn't fun to me. I don't like to see my spell bar only have a few spells because the majority of the spells are useless like sense animal, true north, etc. I enjoy the level thirty'ish to max level grind the most. I also love, love, love AA's, but I'll never use a service to earn them.

I do agree that they spam their services way too much throughout the day especially if they haven't filled their final slot. You only have to watch any Yelinak twitch streamer to see their spam in action.
  5. Arclyte Augur

I would be more concerned with banning the obvious automated box crews camping cash camps 24/7
    Skuz likes this.
  6. Ruhi Augur

If a person wants to use in game plat for a another player to do something for them in game, why does it matter to you?

lets ban all ports for tips .... you can walk there
    Roxas MM and Skuz like this.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I disagree with pretty much all of this.

If the "catch up" methods EQ had were better this service would barely exist, it's a player-created solution to the game's levelling being a drag if you fall behind the curve & after 22 years some portion of the playerbase is going to simply be uninterested in levelling in zones they already levelled in a few dozen times already (or more) & be willing to pay to shortcut to the raid game they enjoy.
    ForumBoss likes this.
  8. NoxiousGrizzle Also post as Slik, Noxious, or Bart

It just goes to show you that people will complain about anything. If your in the zone and someone is keeping you from the mobs, than I can understand some frustration. How come no one can mind their own business? If your directly effected, then sit there and bug them and snag mobs out of the pull, etc etc. If they are NOT doing anything to bother you, why do you care?
  9. Enuen Journeyman

I think the majority of the complaints would disappear if the spam was removed from gen chat. I play the game to get away from lifes annoyances not have them thrown in my face every 30 seconds by advertising PLers. Yes, I could block them all but the point is I shouldn't have to.

Why can't there be a PL channel? They made a Taxi channel to help reduce the port spam while also making it easier for porters and portees to find one another. So why not a PL channel to accomplish the same thing?
    Skuz and Trey like this.
  10. Trey Elder

Great post, I completely agree. I didn't call for AFK PL to be "banned," I called for a firm stance against spamming general chat channels with these 'services.' It's pretty obvious the joy of grouping with new people and playing the game with old school grit and vigor isn't something many are into anymore, sadly. It is what it is. While I absolutely think these boxing PL folk are slowly killing EQ, I'm not saying they should be forced to quit--however, they should be forced to confine their spam messages to player operated channels and leave the general public alone to use these channels for traditional group making like EQ has always been about.
    Dre. and Skuz like this.
  11. Appren Gnomercy

How about /ignore PLseller1, /ignore PLseller2? Stop being such Karens about something you can easily solve within seconds.
    code-zero likes this.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

There are lots of complaints about people spamming general chat channels with a variety of things that they are selling. Spamming to sell things is a long standing problem that is hard to fix.
    Appren likes this.
  13. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

It concerns me that so many people on this thread are living with what they consider to be a problem when a simple "/ignore <name>" would solve most of their issues.

EQ PL groups generate revenue for DPG. The players that make up those groups must all have a subscription in one form or another. Good luck taking money away from the company that runs the game.
    Skuz likes this.
  14. Hirbow Augur

Why are you so cynical ?
    How is it ok for a ''Power leveler'' to just appear infront of you in the Deep then disappear , then appear on the other side of the map warping everywhere, pulling all the mobs from one corner to the other and breaking the True-box rule by controlling a full automated scripted party ?

Get real man; most of us are adults, most of us don't have the time to play like we used to . But play by the rules .
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

There is a difference between people offering PL services and people who use various hacks to play and break various rules. There is nothing wrong with someone offering PL services as long as they don't break the rules or use hacks while doing it.
    Skuz and Appren like this.
  16. Captain Video Augur

And I have some prime real estate in Sunrise Hills in which you might be interested, just ripe for development.

Anyone paying the slightest attention knows that 100% of the PLers are using banned cheat software to automate their tasks. I simply ignore them, both literally and figuratively, they have no effect on my gameplay. But the reality is, the company is turning a blind eye to them in the exact same manner as they turn a blind eye to the Krono farmers; it's helping with their rent too. Once the Krono market dies out, which is typically by GoD, they're gone.

The simple solutions here are either 1) use /ignore, as others have already pointed out, or 2) do what I do and throw all general chat into a separate tab, where you can spot check it if you feel it's necessary. Anyone who knows me in-game knows how to send a /tell.
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And I am not saying otherwise, just that you need to separate the issues here and go after them individually. The actions that they are doing that need to be stopped are using the automated software and other methods that violate the rules. The fact that they are offering PL services isn't the issue and would be fine if they did not break the rules in other ways. The focus should be on what they are doing to break the rules not on them offering to PL people.
    Skuz likes this.
  18. Wyndar Journeyman

I am not against AFK PLing but I do consider those that use it suckers and wimps
  19. Xhartor Augur

They also removed the common method those PLing services used from the game. AE stuns are limited to 55 and lower until LDoN. Unstunnable mobs are also more common 55+.

70+ PLing generally involves the SK epic.
  20. Tweakfour17 Augur

Can I access this property before HoT unlocks though? :p:p:p
    Skuz likes this.