How many player suggestions from the forums in 2022 made it into EQ?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Brontus, Jan 3, 2023.

1. Brontus EQ Player Activist

At the beginning of a new year, it's helpful to take stock of the previous year. I'm doing some research on the efficacy of official forums and developer responsiveness with regard to suggestions coming from the player community. I'm curious if anyone know of any suggestions made on these forums in 2022 actually made it into EQ?

Please include the suggestion, the date, and the URL of the suggestion. Thanks.:)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Implemented Player Suggestions from 2022
    • Tradeskill depot
    • Vaniki rule TLP server
    • Relaxed Truebox for Yaniki and Yelinak
    • Duck mount expansion perk
    • TBL and EoK progression bottlenecks reduced
    Implemented Player Suggestions from 2021
    • TBL and EoK progression bottlenecks reduced
    • OOC regen before TSS
    • Remote buying from Bazaar before RoF
    • Aggro meters before Ro
  2. Loup Garou De loop de loop

So this is limited to TLP forums?
    minimind likes this.
  3. SteamFox Augur

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ression-bottlenecks-3-potential-fixes.287071/
    TBL (and EoK) progression bottlenecks reduced.
    Started on Discord but went to the forums: Duck Mount
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/i-think-norrath-could-use-a-duck.283678/
  4. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

I started the thread in 2021, but the changes didnt go live until 2022.

I asked for OOC regen before TSS, Remote buying from Bazaar before RoF and Aggro meters before RoF

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...-from-bags-and-other-tlp-qol-upgrades.273591/

Eventually got all three things I requested though.
  5. MischiefTLP Augur

Are you including bug fixes? People complained on the forums about no lockout Shyra and it got fixed and there were a bunch of other issues specific to Random loot.
  6. Brontus EQ Player Activist

Good question. I created this thread so the players can curate a comprehensive list of player suggestions that have been implemented. Fixing bugs would not be a part of this list.

Also, there was no correct forum to post this on as Veteran's is for EQ Live and TLP is for TLP players. So I chose the least busy forum for now since the expansion just got released and the traffic on Veteran's is very heavy now.

We need a GENERAL DISCUSSION forum where issues that apply to EQ players in a general sense can be discussed. We also need a SUGGESTIONS forums too.
  7. Xhartor Augur

People had been pushing the idea of level unlocked server, and we got vaniki.
    I remember people suggest Tradeskill utility key rings, and we got the TS depot.
    RMTers had been begging for years for a free trade server, and we got Mischief/Thornblade.

Changes to VP, Luclin keying, PoP flagging, based off player complaints.

They do listen, they don't always agree, changes are rarely implemented in the timeline the poster desire.
    Skuz likes this.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Level-locked progression, I was not the first to suggest the idea of level-locking though I might have been the first to suggest it might make raiding interesting to tackle content while below the usual level of the content when I also suggested a GoD-Start server.

Vaniki

Though arguably Vaniki is not true level locked progression, it is era-locked.

Also Vaniki & Yelinak have "Relaxed Truebox" which was a reponse to myself & a dozen or so other players efforts for the past few years to remove Truebox from TLP at a point before it became damaging to player retention instead of keeping it for the full duration.
    Brontus and Tweakfour17 like this.
  9. Arclyte Augur

my pleas to destroy rivervale have fallen on deaf ears
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  10. NoxiousGrizzle Also post as Slik, Noxious, or Bart

Is there a certain place we can post this at for suggestions? Just curious if there is such a thing or just a random message here on the forums. I know the only thing I see this time if year is suggestions for the new TLP.
  11. Brontus EQ Player Activist

I respect your opinion Xhartor. Can you tell me if all these changes were made in 2022? Thank you.
  12. Brontus EQ Player Activist

From what I have heard through the grapevine, the devs nixed the idea of a SUGGESTIONS sub-forum for EverQuest. No explanation was given.
  13. Brontus EQ Player Activist

You'll have to get in line. New Freeport is first on the chopping block! ;)
  14. strongbus Augur

Cabilis must be turned to rubble and all isky skinned and made into leather belts/boots.
  15. Xhartor Augur

I would guess that depot and vaniki were.
    Brontus likes this.
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

We already have plenty of places that suggestions can be left, there is no need to make one only for suggestions.
  17. Brontus EQ Player Activist

Using your logic, there's no point in having specific bug forums either. Why not just have one big forum where people can post whatever they want about EQ.

It cost's nothing for a forum admin to make a separate SUGGESTIONS sub-forum. There is no downside. If there is, other then appealing to the status quo, I would like to hear it. Many forum posters have been requesting a suggestions forum over the years. Many other MMO forums have player suggestion and feedback sub-forums such as Daybreak sister MMO Lord of the Rings Online and others.

The main reason for having a suggestions sub-form is that it eliminates forum clutter because then players have one specific location to leave suggestions and devs can go there and read them. Currently, both the Veterans and TLP forums are being used as unofficial suggestion sub-forums which makes it a cluttered chaotic mess.

If a poster puts a suggestion into a General discussion sub-forum, then a forum moderator can move to the suggestions sub-forum. Likewise the opposite is true if a poster puts a General discussion topic into a suggestion forum.

Having a separate suggestions sub-forum would save the devs, the moderators, and the players a lot of time. Time is precious, wouldn't you agree?

Just like it makes perfect sense to have separate bug forums, beta forums, Veteran forums, TLP forums, Newbie forums, it make sense to have suggestion forum to consolidate all of the suggestion in one place.
  18. Arclyte Augur

[IMG]

lets be honest, most suggestions on here are incredibly bad, so im ok with them ignoring them
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

There is no downside except having more forums for them to monitor. You might not remember but we used to have a lot more sub section to the forums including class and server specific ones. At one point in time they decided that based on forum usage those sections where not needed and removed them. They cut them down a lot and have slowly added new sections that they thought would get a decent amount of usage. In the current forums we have one for both live and tlp servers that serve as great places for suggestions without having to add a new section that will likely get used for things besides suggestions as well.
  20. Brontus EQ Player Activist

Does your suggestion to ignore suggestions fall into that category? :)

Using your logic, we may as well remove the forums completely and free up the mods to work in marketing & promotion and other forms of community outreach that have a better return on investment. Or maybe Darkpaw could bring them on as apprentice quest designers and QA testers and then we might see progress made toward fixing many outstanding bugs and quality of life issues and we'd see fewer expansions released that are barely tested resulting in the bug forum being deluged with bugs.

Removing the forums would be a bad idea and the community would migrate elsewhere and I guarantee you there would be far less moderation and more free wheeling conversations.

The forums are only useful if the developers take advantage of them. All we can do as players is submit bugs, feedback, suggestions, and our experiences. I believe it's up to the community managers to take the temperature of the community and forward those concerns to the devs. The devs can also stop by here and read the forums themselves as they are known to do from time to time and engage in productive dialogue with players.

Due to the nature of anonymity and the internet these forums have a low signal to noise ratio at times. Nevertheless, there are quite a few smart and experienced people that leave good suggestions on the forums that are interested in making EQ better. Let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater.