Can Rogues survive molo?

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Izzard of Bertox, Dec 20, 2022.

1. Izzard of Bertox Augur

I'm not anti-Box but I am a "moloer". You can check out my (sorta old) Magelo profile and see what gear im sporting. Although it can be irritating to watch a monk or tank stand toe to toe against several MOBS and live its more hurtful that just ONE of those MOBs can easily kill me.
    The salt in the wound is that their DPS is VERY similar to mine.

I understand that I just need to pick certain MOBS and I can clear a Loda Kai camp molo but THEY DONT HAVE TO. If more than one MOB comes at me .. that's it ... I'm in escape mode waiting for my dead merc to come back.

Anyway - Some of you stealthy folks tell me, how do you deal?
  2. Cicelee Augur

No.
    Dre. likes this.
  3. Knifen Augur

Yes, Stun and mezzes are your friend while merc heals ya.
  4. Xynia Apprentice

Yeah, I can molo fine on my rogue but I don't really bother unless its some easy blues I can assassinate for some glyph AA. Names are possible with burns and spiritdrinkers running, probably a dragon glyph too along with other defensives.
    Phaith and kizant like this.
  5. Izzard of Bertox Augur

I don’t believe you can come close to killing a current content “Named” MOB.

I’m going to need some more backup on this claim.
  6. Kaliko Augur

Raid geared rogue maybe with swapped slow belt, careful timing of full burns, armor of xp , dragon glyph, assassins premonition, tumble, counterattack, spirit drinkers coating, valias unyielding bravery and all that it might be possible.
  7. Tucoh Augur

Dragon glyph is OP. My grandma can isekai her way into the game and tank a named mob if she popped a glyph.
    code-zero and Quatr like this.
  8. Belexes ForumQuester

Yes.

Gear up properly, use the tools at your disposal. Get the proper clickies. Use your mitigation tools you have as a rogue.

If not raid geared, it is harder. You need to know what mobs you can molo. Learn your mobs and your zone.

Use Practiced Reflexes and other aggro tools to your advantage and get your healer merc to tank as much as possible.

Block heal over time spells so your merc heals more efficiently. Equip your healer merc with tank merc gear.

Learn how to pull singles.

Yes, I can tank better on a ranger or monk, but they were meant to be light tanks in this game.

Quit trying to compare to tanks and monks. You are a rogue. Use your brain, not brawn. :p

Neither can hang dps-wise with a rogue.

You can't have all things with any class, so pick one and live with it.
  9. Knifen Augur

Havent tried it just molo, but 2 boxing my rogues, taking down names hasnt been an issue yet. You're right so many clickies and discs to help you live just the few minutes it takes to kill it.
  10. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Chain class probably not just like a ranger. Why i made a mage lol for tough hitting mobs.
  11. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

All classes can survive molo. The degree to with they can excel and thrive however varies. Melee classes are lower than priests/casters, who are lower than pet classes. Rogues are towards the bottom simply due to the lack of ability to take a hit and needing to be up close and personal. If you're not geared and AA'd to some degree, then you are going to have problems and will need to molo in older content.
  12. Wulfhere Augur

I watched raid geared rogues molo (with healer merc) rare mobs faster and apparently easier that I can (raid geared paladin). Their dps burns make short work of most everything it seems.
    Knifen likes this.
  13. Poyzen Frawg Augur

The point to this post is that why do rogues have to be so careful and perfectly equipped when tanks have no such requirements? Whomever decided that tank DPS should come even close to any other class makes baby Joseph Sayer cry.
  14. Kalipto Augur

Cool. You're wrong and you're unhelpful. Why are you even here?

The answer to your title - yes. Rogues can kill just fine for xp with a merc. But it requires raid gear to do effectively. The monks and tanks you see doing it also require raid gear to do it effectively. They have more survival skills to make it possible with less gear.

On the other hand, rogue gets more offensive skills to make it faster. If your dps is being out done by some tanks and monks it just means they've put more into their character than you. They have better gear, more AA, and high ranked combat skills. A lot can be said about how you play too. One rogue can do twice the DPS of another just because they're playing well.

So lots of factors involved! But rogues do fine for what they are and can certainly molo for reasonable xp (better than monks, if you know where to go and what to do).
  15. Sissruukk Rogue One

I used to believe this, too, until I swapped servers and saw rogues moloing through new content, doing hunters, and other things on their own. While I know it is possible, and have done a few things on my own, I just prefer not doing so as I enjoy working in a group.
  16. Knifen Augur

Two boxed Under Siege mission with just my 2 rogues and healer mercs. Still cant get Kael mission down thou 8(. Have been pretty happy with what rogues are capable of last 2 expansions.
  17. Brickhaus Augur

If that's not a cry for help to nerf rogues now, I don't know what is...
  18. Knifen Augur

Nerfs are for working counter to being productive. Low / Underperforming classes should be buffed and brought up to par with other classes, not the other way around.
    Sissruukk likes this.
  19. fransisco Augur

If you are in raid gear? Then sure, cause you can facestomp group stuff.
    But not the latest group content in group gear
  20. Krasis New Member

What kind of proper clickies?